KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Proof that Bane DID pull a moon out of orbit!!

Proof that Bane DID pull a moon out of orbit!!
Started by: Sexyback

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Sith'ari
Restricted

Account Restricted

Warning Proof that Bane DID pull a moon out of orbit!!

I've made this thread in response to people wanting me to prove that Bane pulled a moon out of orbit, even though he's never actually shown to do so, so here's my argument.

Premise 1: Bane planned to do so, here.

Now that he understood the depths of Sith powers, he thought he might even have control over worlds and moons, able to play with orbits and gravity like a child might play with colored balls.

Long ago, Dxun had grazed the planet Onderon, close enough that it was possible for creatures to pass across the conjoined atmosphere. Perhaps Bane could nudge the beast moon close enough so that he could travel to the nearby planet that filled the sky. In bloodshed and chaos, Darth Bane would go to Onderon... and there he would find his apprentice.

Premise 2: It's later confirmed, in tDSSB, on PG 79, that Bane did fly on top of a beast in between their atmospheres.

With his strength returned, his philosophy determined, and his dark side powers enhanced and improved, Darth Bane subjugated a flying beast and used it to travel from Dxun to Onderon.

He would find an apprentice.

The legacy would live on.

Eventually, the sith would have their revenge.

Premise 3: The two atmospheres had slowly been moving away from each other for thousands of years, by this point they were too far apart for Bane to cross like he had planned, so the only way Bane could have done what was confirmed in Premise 2 is by doing what he had planned in Premise 1.

Conclusion: Bane must have pulled a moon out of orbit.

So that's my argument, now I encourage people to point out flaws, but until someone either proves one of these premises wrong, or proves that the premises don't form the conclusion I arrived at, it will just have to be accepted as fact.

! smile !

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 12:31 AM
Click here to Send The Sith'ari a Private Message Find more posts by The Sith'ari Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sith'ari
Restricted

Account Restricted

Adding on to that, Bane did this when he was only 26, at a point where he had been studying the darkside for less than three years, and when he had only just begun to study under true sith teachings. I think it's safe to say that he definitely has the highest force potentials ever, with the exception of maybe Anakin and maybe Luke and Darth Zannah. I also think it's safe to say that at this point (Bane of the Sith), he is definitely in the top 5 most powerful force users ever, and definitely in the top 3 most powerful dark lords of the sith ever.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 12:37 AM
Click here to Send The Sith'ari a Private Message Find more posts by The Sith'ari Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Styles
Papa Bear

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sexyback
Adding on to that, Bane did this when he was only 26, at a point where he had been studying the darkside for less than three years, and when he had only just begun to study under true sith teachings. I think it's safe to say that he definitely has the highest force potentials ever, with the exception of maybe Anakin and maybe Luke and Darth Zannah. I also think it's safe to say that at this point (Bane of the Sith), he is definitely in the top 5 most powerful force users ever, and definitely in the top 3 most powerful dark lords of the sith ever.

Don't nut your pants just yet. I still want anther user to confirm this. Your saying that like its the big be all end all of the feat wars, whose to say that other users who have an even higher force potential them him (Revan, Sidious, Exar Kun, Luke, Vader, Jacen, Sion) couldn't mimic or do the same, he just did it because he had too thats the problem with feat wars, if people who are known to be stronger then him (see above) didn't do it doesn't mean Bane > Them.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 12:53 AM
Click here to Send Dr. Styles a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Styles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

Originally posted by xxXAcStylesXxx
Don't nut your pants just yet. I still want anther user to confirm this.

Confirm what?

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 12:56 AM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Styles
Papa Bear

That that was actually in the DSSB.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 12:57 AM
Click here to Send Dr. Styles a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Styles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sexyback

No.

Anakin's potential is greater than Bane's. Period. There is no maybe, dude, and you need to stop pretending otherwise. Zannah? I'm told that the EoD guys shot that thing down as well. Luke's potential? Greater than Bane's. Sidious's potential? Greater than Bane's. All the Skywalkers, Sidious, and likely Revan.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 01:00 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Styles
Papa Bear

Don't forget Yoda.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 01:01 AM
The Sith'ari
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why the hell Revan?

Don't forget Yoda.

Don't be silly!

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 01:02 AM
Dr. Styles
Papa Bear

Because he's constantly desribed as and uber to the Max Force User. And your lover sea shells was scared of him.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 01:04 AM
Advent
Just Leaving

That that was actually in the DSSB.

It is in the tDSSB, it's the very last four entry sentences for Darth Bane. Page 79, Chapter Five (under "The New Sith"):

(please log in to view the image)

As well, the tNEC also conforms with that, I think. I haven't actually read BotS, so I don't know what the hell is going on, but the tNEC says this:

"Darth Bane retreived Rain from Onderon, and she became his apprentice - Darth Zannah." (The Battle of Ruusan, Pg. 27.)

I can only assume it's referring to the line that "there he would find his apprentice".

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 04:23 AM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Yoda still>Bane by a significant amount

People still refer to this feat of Bane like it means much

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 04:37 AM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Styles
Papa Bear

Well then *claps* Banes still weaker then the top tier guys.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 04:41 AM
The Sith'ari
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lightsnake
Yoda still>Bane by a significant amount

People still refer to this feat of Bane like it means much

Erm, how? When has Yoda ever displayed this kind of strength. Logic points to Bane being greater.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 04:51 AM
Dr. Styles
Papa Bear

They shall begin, the FEAT WARS!

Transitive Property.

TMP Sidious > Bane

Yoda = ROTS Sidious

Yoda > Bane

Last edited by Dr. Styles on Dec 30th, 2006 at 04:57 AM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 04:54 AM
The Sith'ari
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's nice how you have no idea what you're talking about. Now if I said that Bane is more powerful because he's pulled a moon out of orbit and Yoda hasn't, then that would be feat wars, but that isn't what I'm saying. All I'm saying is that Yoda cannot possibly be considered more powerful than Bane because he has never displayed strength with the force that Bane has, and pulling the moon out of orbit is testament to that.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 05:01 AM
The Sith'ari
Restricted

Account Restricted

1 flaw in that argument AC: TPM Sidious hasn't been confirmed to be more powerful than Bane in respect to combat prowess, the statement which you are referring to speaks more for his intellect and political knowledge than it does his combat prowess, but try again.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 05:03 AM
Dr. Styles
Papa Bear

Empire's End - Sith spirits: "He gave up everything to the Dark Side long ago. He has become the greatest who ever lived. He is the strongest who ever lived....I say we give what he wishes."

Page 109 from the Dark Empire sourcebook:

"Palpatine has risen from the dead. The most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived had returned."

He is the most powerful practitioner of the Sith ways in modern times. He studied the ancient ruins on the Sith mausoleum world of Korriban. He unlocked secrets of the Force from a captured Jedi Holocron. The dark side energies flowing through Palpatine's body were so intense, that they ravaged his mortal frame. The very source of Palpatine's strength was killing him. - Databank Palpatine

The two entered into a spectacular duel -- a contest between the most powerful practitioners of the Force's light and dark sides. - Databank Yoda

Palpatine > Bane. Period.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 05:19 AM
The Sith'ari
Restricted

Account Restricted

What exactly is your point? I know that DE Sidious is greater than Bane... (for now that is, but I won't bother getting into this right here) I'm just arguing against Yoda, and nothing in that supports him being above Bane.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 05:24 AM
Dr. Styles
Papa Bear

Those were not in reference to DE Sidious they were in reference to all past incarnations and the two that weren't from that direct time period are speaking in the past tense. ROTS Sidous > Bane. Yoda = ROTS Sidious. Yoda > Bane. PERIOD.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 05:32 AM
Lightsnake

Yoda has restricted the Darkside of the planet Dagobah to a single spot and has achieves legions of triumph against the Dark Side. Your argument would only be valid if Yoda tried to pull a moon out of orbit and failed.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 05:59 AM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote