KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » why does vader wear armor?

why does vader wear armor?
Started by: AAskywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AAskywalker

why does vader wear armor?

hey guys I was wondering why sidious choose to make vader wear armor. Why simply not clone him the parts he needed? If they could clone a new human couldn't they clone part of one to give vader his power back?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 07:51 AM
Click here to Send AAskywalker a Private Message Find more posts by AAskywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

No, that's cheating.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 08:46 AM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

What the hell... that is clearly impossible

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 10:37 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Apparently they did this for clonetroopers who had lost limbs, and so on...

...but the likeliness of such limbs being ready in time for Anakin is low. They probably take weeks to grow, by which time he would have been dead.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 01:48 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Re: why does vader wear armor?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AAskywalker
hey guys I was wondering why sidious choose to make vader wear armor. Why simply not clone him the parts he needed? If they could clone a new human couldn't they clone part of one to give vader his power back?

Because it ruins the imagery and aura of a mechanical man.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 02:57 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
Apparently they did this for clonetroopers who had lost limbs, and so on...

...but the likeliness of such limbs being ready in time for Anakin is low. They probably take weeks to grow, by which time he would have been dead.

Since we're in EU...Clones did not receive new limbs etc. They receive mechanical replacements, it they simply weren't "retired."

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 02:58 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well if they did grow vader organic arms he would be able to conjure sith lightning i think, The book said he cant due to his mechanical arms

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 03:05 PM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

They couldn't because that would totally mess with the OT because he has mechanical parts, and if Lucas ended ROTS with him being still human, it just wouldn't work.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 03:32 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

quote:

I agree with this. Vader needed immediate surgery and needed a life suit because he was very close to death.

Also, it's probably just an inconsistency where the movies and EU collide.

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 09:18 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AAskywalker

could it be possible that the emperor was afraid of vader becoming even stronger than he already was. At the time he was able to defeat the emperor right. We know that Anakin had the ability to become twice as strong as the emperor.
We know anakin was already thinking of overthrowing palpatine.

Vader is hindered by the suit because the emperor ordered it to be that way?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 07:53 AM
Click here to Send AAskywalker a Private Message Find more posts by AAskywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well in my point of view, the suit couldnt have been designed in a few hours, it actually takes a week or more to do design the suit yet make it, It is possible sidious knew that anakin was going to be in trouble and thus designed the suit before hand.

About the design process, i know it takes i while, i study in a design and technology class, it sometimes takes months to even design something like that

There is no proof to support this, its only my opinion

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 07:57 AM
Mic Assassin
Restricted

Account Restricted

If they could really do that, Sidious would have just cloned a whole new Anakin, and programmed him to be his ultimate weapon and obey him.

And while this isn't completely on topic, where is it said that Vader's suit contains cortosis? It's just that in the New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology, it's stated that while Vader had access to cortosis, he didn't use it and instead relied on his lightsaber skills to protect himself. And lightsaber damage isn't listed as something it has a defence for, either.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 06:54 PM
Click here to Send Mic Assassin a Private Message Find more posts by Mic Assassin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

With access to such valuable minerals like Cortosis, it'd be strange if someone like Vader didn't have any in his suit.

And to the thread's topic:

Why would Palpatine want Anakin becoming stronger than him? Of course he'd inhibit his powers if it meant he could control him.

As for the armour taking a while to design... well, for the sake of the storyline, more time may have passed in between the duel and when Vader was outfitted than what we were shown.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 09:02 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote