KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » What If... Exar Kun had surrendered at the End of the Sith War?

What If... Exar Kun had surrendered at the End of the Sith War?
Started by: ThoraxeRMG

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

What If... Exar Kun had surrendered at the End of the Sith War?

This is a question I have often asked myself. The reason he didn't is painfully obvious; he had no hope of living, and didn't want to die. Or surrender. But what if he had? Would he really have been executed? Or would the Jedi try to turn him back to the Light?
Myself, I don't think he would have been killed by the Jedi or the Republic. While the high-ups of the Old Republic might want to have him eliminated, so as to eliminate the threat he presented, I think that the Jedi would realize that his death would solve nothing. It seems that the Sith have a nice little trick of sticking around after their bodies have surrendered to time. Why would Kun be any different? As we've seen, he did stick around long after his remains would have crumbled into dust. So if he were captured, what would have happened?
First of all, I think he would fall into that "high-risk" category, and as such, would not have been left in the jurisdiction of the regular authorities. Rather like with Kyp in Champions of the Force, he might have been "given over" to the Jedi, since it’s a little more in their realm of experience.
From that point on, several things could occur. Kun could be "blinded" to the Force, as Ulic was, or he could be somehow surrounded by a wall of Light that would keep him from harming anyone by the use of Force-powers. It's logical to assume that they might try to blind him to the Force first, as that way they only have to worry about his physical incarceration. However, that brings up the question of whether it would work. It worked on Ulic, yes, but Kun was the stronger in the Force by far. In fact, he was one of the most powerful Force-users of the time (note: I'm not just saying that; The Jedi Academy Trilogy Sourcebook gives that little tidbit). Would the Jedi be able to blind him? As far as we know, only a few Jedi know the blinding technique, Nomi among them. But does it work if more than one attempts it? It might also cause some questions of conscience. Odan-Urr said that "Blinding a Jedi to the Force, even a Dark Jedi, is a terrible thing." Would they do it when they already had control of the situation? Kun would have nowhere to go, no one to trust. He would be effectively controlled anyway. And if there were some way of just preventing him from doing evil with the Dark Side, without blinding him, I think that would be done. Of course, his movements would be restricted, but that's a part of the package.
I think that if any of the above had happened, young Exar would wind up extremely bitter, and unlike Ulic in that there would be no one "there" for him.
That's actually part of the problem I've got with the differences between Ulic and Kun. Ulic has done just as much, if not more, than Kun during the Sith War, but it is Kun that bears the brunt of the attack. Is that just because of his title, Dark Lord of the Sith If he had turned back, would the Jedi have been as willing to accept him as they did Ulic? I don't know. But these are questions for another day.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 10:15 PM
Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamhal

Hmm... I think it's more likely the other jedi blind him in the force then just execute them. Lol, then he would probably join Ullic in his quest of regaining their force power.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 10:20 PM
Click here to Send kamhal a Private Message Find more posts by kamhal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

What if you had not have made this thread? We all would have been spared.

Sorry to be harshly critical, but "what if's" get so tedious.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 10:36 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

That they do. And proper paragraphs. They make things so much easier.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 11:07 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Whoops, sorry.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 11:21 PM
Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I prefer the paragraphis this way; it'll let the argumentative gits in the versus forum get their knickers in a twist trying to quote it all.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 11:41 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0°Mandalore°0
Mandalorian Pride

I think it's quite obvious. Unfortunately, a Sith would never surrender.

Btw, can any of you guys post the link to the Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lord of the Sith and The Sith War so I am able to read them?

It's just that my computer got a virus and I don't know why I cannot find the pages.

A warrior knows nothing of surrender.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 04:33 PM
Click here to Send 0°Mandalore°0 a Private Message Find more posts by 0°Mandalore°0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sith would surrender, you forget that they value there lives over anything else, and are cowards.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 10:35 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0°Mandalore°0
Mandalorian Pride

Well, yeah, you're right about that, but they almost always underestimate their opponent, and when they realize they're weaker, it's too late.

A warrior knows nothing of surrender.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 11:15 PM
Click here to Send 0°Mandalore°0 a Private Message Find more posts by 0°Mandalore°0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Re: What If... Exar Kun had surrendered at the End of the Sith War?

You don't consider killing yourself surrendering ?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 01:01 AM
Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

You admit defeat by committing suicide, but you're not turning yourself over to the victor. Hitler didn't surrender after all.

And, had Kun surrendered, the Jedi would likely have stripped him of his access to the Force and kept him in a high security prison. Just because he's insensitive to the Force, doesn't mean his words won't corrupt others. Not to mention all succeeding Star Wars history would have been totally warped into another direction.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 07:09 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote