KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Starkiller - One of the most powerful Sith?

Starkiller - One of the most powerful Sith?
Started by: darth fury

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darth fury

Starkiller - One of the most powerful Sith?

"The Apprentice is the photo negative of Luke Skywalker. He's been raised by Darth Vader, and is what Luke would have become if he had joined his father. Vader's not a very nice daddy. This guy has been raised to be a Jedi. When the Jedi use the Force, they respect it and don't overuse it. The bad guys - the Sith - keep testing their limits. Vader discovered this person who had the potential to be the most powerful Force user ever. He's up there with the top tier. He's extremely powerful. Vader has trained him in such a way that he just kept pushing his limitations, seeing how far he could use the Force. So, where a normal Jedi might use the Force to trick his way past a few stormtroopers, the apprentice might use the Force to bring down an adjacent building on top of those stormtroopers. He's extremely confident in everything he does. He's been trained by Vader to be an assassin, an unstoppable force."
―Haden Blackman

From the new star wars game Force Unleased, they obtained permission from George Lucus to create this character so i'm assuming it's canon.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 12:54 PM
Click here to Send darth fury a Private Message Find more posts by darth fury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

The key is taking this information with a grain of salt; clearly the Apprentice isn't "unstoppable" in the literal sense as he is no match for Vader and certainly not the Emperor, nor do I believe that Blackman can objectively state that the Apprentice's potential exceeds that of every other Force user and he could have been "the most powerful Force user ever" [that's Anakin Skywalker territory]. However, from the vast powers he has demonstrated, I wouldn't hesitate to agree that the Apprentice is top tier and among the most powerful ever.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 02:58 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Is his name really Starkiller?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 05:14 PM
Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Homo
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's without question the most powerful Force User of his era, though I see no reason to believe he's among the most powerful Sith ever.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 06:31 PM
Click here to Send Homo a Private Message Find more posts by Homo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HomoSuperior
He's without question the most powerful Force User of his era, though I see no reason to believe he's among the most powerful Sith ever.

His era would still involve Palpatine and Vader who were still more powerful than him. The creator of the game has no authority to make wild claims about the secret apprentice.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 07:00 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

Originally posted by Darth Sexy
His era would still involve Palpatine and Vader who were still more powerful than him. The creator of the game has no authority to make wild claims about the secret apprentice.

exactly.

People are making the Apprentice into some uber force god like NJO luke but we won't know just how powerful he is until the novel is released.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 07:05 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

While Starkiller is possibly a very powerful Sith, I seriously doubt that George Lucas is going to let a young, not even 'legal' Sith surpass Vader and certainly not surpass Sidious; well, obiviously, he's powerful- seeing as Vader raised him to be the perfect weapon with which he could overthrow Sidious- but the only feat (so far) that makes him 'impressive' is pulling a Star Destroyer from out of orbit. Now then, that feat was matched multiple times- like when Nihilus pulled the Ravager out of Malachor V's gravity, and when Sidious had possibly lifted the Lusankya, but nevertheless, it's a powerful feat. Also, if Shaak Ti is indeed a boss and Starkiller kills her, then that will place his lightsaber skills at fairly high, knowing Shaak Ti is considered to be a fairly powerful Jedi.

Then again, there's the possibility that this another example of the 'unleashed' aspect of this game; as mentioned by the game developers, every other character will get unleashed. Also, in a response to a question if Starkiller is the most powerful force user in history, the developer could only say 'pretty powerful'; which would imply he's rather unaware of Starkiller's status among the other force users.

However, this statement made by Blackman is fairly ridiculous; I mean, man, Anakin is supposed to be the top guy; as the chosen one, he was supposed to be the guy who had the potential to be the strongest guy in history. Until we get a clear statement from him, Starkiller's power is still open to debate.

I'm expecting him to be a Maul-type character; fanatically loyal to his master, dark sort of assassin. He'll probably be rather powerful, but I doubt GL will let him surpass the top Sith of the movies- that is, Dooku, Sidious, and Vader. Maybe he'll surpass Maul; at least in force powers, that seems to be the case.

Last edited by Master Crimzon on Jun 6th, 2008 at 09:16 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 09:13 PM
Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

wasn't the name "starkiller" initially supposed to be that of luke skywalker anyway?

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 09:49 PM
Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

I don't like it... Not very original.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 10:13 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-FENS

Great.

It's Darth Revan all over again... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 11:04 PM
Click here to Send D-FENS a Private Message Find more posts by D-FENS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

While certainly above average, I wouldn't rank him with powerhouses like Sidious, Vader, Nihilus, or Caedus.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 11:39 PM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Scythe
Wheres my grape drink?

Wow. Starkiller is such a corny decision for obvious reasons.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 12:33 AM
Click here to Send Darth Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by City Hunter
Great.

It's Darth Revan all over again... roll eyes (sarcastic)

No. It is far too early to begin to compare the two characters. Darth Revan is what fanon refer to as a Gary Stu -- a personage presented with extremely few flaws or weaknesses [the only 'weakness' I can glean from Revan is that he fell to the dark side, though subsequent material has even done damage to that belief -- Revan "mastered" the dark side? LOL].

Extremely powerful warrior? Check.
Extremely capable tactition? Check.
Extremely charismatic leader? Check.
Extremely talented pilot? Check.
Extremely talented linguist? Check.
Unparalleled Force aptitude? Check.

The apprentice?

Extremely powerful warrior? Check.

That's it. We already know he's a pawn in Vader's game. He's hardly a Gary Stu and therefore isn't a pile of shit in terms of characterization, like Revan is.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 12:38 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

How much of a pawn he is, however, is debatable. He has already been portrayed as an undecisive character, who will eventually rebel Vader and his beliefs (I believe that's canon, not sure). I wouldn't exactly call him a pawn, at least not following the exact meaning of the word. An absolute pawn character, in my book, would be Darth Maul. He's more like a very valuable tool for Vader.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 01:17 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Big difference between Revan and "starkiller" is that the latter will actually have his own book so there will be less speculation and we know more facts/how feats were accomplished that could hardly be stretched as certain people have done here for Revan if you know what I mean.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 01:23 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

that's why they need a book about Revan pre kotor during kotor and post kotor

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 02:21 AM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Personally, I don't like Revan as a character.

But I do agree we need to know more about him.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 02:30 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I take from this game he's the perfect assassin, but by no means rivals Palpatine or Vader. Doing so would frankly contradict like.......... everything else.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 05:16 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Scythe
Wheres my grape drink?

Well, if he was such a badass pilot, I don't think he'd be having some non force sensitive chick flying him around.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 08:19 AM
Click here to Send Darth Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bendak Starkiller isn't even a jedi or a sith. He's a retired mandalorian duelist on taris.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 10:22 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote