KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » star warsa battlefront 3

star warsa battlefront 3
Started by: apocalyptic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
apocalyptic

star warsa battlefront 3

hi does any 1 have any information on star wars battlefront 3 and what do u think they wud make different about this games. i.e. more sith and jedi cheers

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 01:13 PM
Click here to Send apocalyptic a Private Message Find more posts by apocalyptic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

This might be something.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 07:44 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

the problem is it got canceled. SWBFII was so incomplete it doesn't matter if they make another, it will just feel unfinished and short and like a mod for BFII and i will hate it. Because it sucks.

-Knightfall

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 09:35 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fan Skywalker

I am not so sure it got cancelled i hear that Rebellion (developers) has taken the job of developing SWBFIII.

Last edited by Fan Skywalker on Dec 31st, 2008 at 11:16 PM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 11:13 PM
Click here to Send Fan Skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Fan Skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

I hope they make it. I loved SWBFII

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 03:35 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I can't say I've heard any news, other than that link that Faunus just supplied.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 04:24 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

I would love a BF for the 360.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 09:23 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cpt. Valerian
I would love a BF for the 360.
Lmao!

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 11:03 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would like a Battlefront for the 360 as well. Hopefully, it will be much larger and more refined than the previous two installments. I liked the idea of the campaign, but while the story was compelling, the scenarios were nearly identical.

If they could switch 'em up, that'd be great. Then again, I'm also hoping for either a novelization of DE that retcons the comic and a TFU-style video game to go along with it.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 11:39 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Gideon, the word 'either' is incorrectly placed, as you didn't offer us two different alternatives; you joined the two items (DE novel w/retcon and a videogame to go with it.) What is the other option that you meant to add?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 12:03 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Originally posted by Gideon
If they could switch 'em up, that'd be great. Then again, I'm also hoping for either a novelization of DE that retcons the comic and a TFU-style video game to go along with it.
A novelization would just be a retelling of the same events; regardless of how well it is written, the idea of Palpatine resurrecting himself will forever remain retarded.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 12:16 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Faunus
A novelization would just be a retelling of the same events;

Not really.

One of my major complaints with the comic is that the story and dialogue were written to be placed before the Thrawn Trilogy in the continuity; that's why the New Republic is referred to as "the Rebellion," and why you don't see the likes of Mara Jade or Pellaeon. Not to mention adding obscure and retarded planets and names into the mix. LFL would later retcon that Jade was embroiled in a battle with Cronal and trying to save Katarn from the dark side of the Force, that Pellaeon was fighting off-screen for Palpatine, and the reborn Emperor was responsible for Thrawn's assassination. It still doesn't work.

Retconning and trashing the comic allows for a well-written novelization to replace it, adding elements from the new movies and EU material.

quote:
regardless of how well it is written, the idea of Palpatine resurrecting himself will forever remain retarded.

For the most part, I agree. That said, DE won't be removed from the canon family anytime soon. And I can handle Lumiya's explanation for why Palpatine's resurrection is applicable as well as the implications of subsequent EU.

You have to understand, Faunus, Palpatine is the Star Wars villain. He's the best, the smartest, the strongest, the most successful, and the most evil. He is the imbalance in the Force. It'd be satisfying, for once, and well in character, for the bastard to survive even that.

As Publius and Illuminatus Primus and myself have discussed, taking everything into account and relooking at DE, it tells the tale of a man who has lost everything and is simply determined to fight against the will of the Force.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 12:27 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Originally posted by Gideon
Not really.

One of my major complaints with the comic is that the story and dialogue were written to be placed before the Thrawn Trilogy in the continuity; that's why the New Republic is referred to as "the Rebellion," and why you don't see the likes of Mara Jade or Pellaeon. Not to mention adding obscure and retarded planets and names into the mix. LFL would later retcon that Jade was embroiled in a battle with Cronal and trying to save Katarn from the dark side of the Force, that Pellaeon was fighting off-screen for Palpatine, and the reborn Emperor was responsible for Thrawn's assassination. It still doesn't work.

Retconning and trashing the comic allows for a well-written novelization to replace it, adding elements from the new movies and EU material.
I meant in regards to the singular event of Palpatine being brought back from the dead. That, and Luke turning to the dark side, are my two biggest gripes with DE.

quote:
For the most part, I agree. That said, DE won't be removed from the canon family anytime soon. And I can handle Lumiya's explanation for why Palpatine's resurrection is applicable as well as the implications of subsequent EU.

You have to understand, Faunus, Palpatine is the Star Wars villain. He's the best, the smartest, the strongest, the most successful, and the most evil. He is the imbalance in the Force. It'd be satisfying, for once, and well in character, for the bastard to survive even that.
I wouldn't have cared if Palpatine's survival didn't trample all over the meaning of Darth Vader's final sacrifice.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 12:32 AM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

But did Luke really turn?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 01:07 AM
Eminence
Boss

Fine. But the point about Vader still stands.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 01:34 AM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Partially. But I would only take that if all Sith were destroyed. It's not just about killing Palpatine. That means no more Sith. Ever.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 01:48 AM
kotorfan
Fruity Darth

yeah thats how I feel. so how come Vader couldn't get resurrected by some random clone that someone prepared? like kinda lame resurrection.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 03:19 AM
Click here to Send kotorfan a Private Message Find more posts by kotorfan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Originally posted by kotorfan
yeah thats how I feel. so how come Vader couldn't get resurrected by some random clone that someone prepared? like kinda lame resurrection.
Palpatine had it all planned out; when his body was destroyed on the second Death Star, his spirit immediately entered one of the clone bodies that had been prepared beforehand. Vader didn't have a clone to possess, and likely wouldn't have known how to possess it anyway.

It's also likely that, having been redeemed, Skywalker didn't want to live anymore, unlike the ever-plotting Emperor.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 03:31 AM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, he was a douche.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 03:36 AM
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Lmao!

LOL, didn't see it before.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 07:17 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote