KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » could anikan have been more powerfull

could anikan have been more powerfull
Started by: Darth Storm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Storm

Barf could anikan have been more powerfull

could anikan have been more powerfull, because of his low rank of jedi knight, he wouldnt have much accses to the jedi libary, what are ur thoughts?

oh, gideon i like that essay, and is what made me make this topic

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 09:15 PM
Click here to Send Darth Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Storm
could anikan have been more powerfull, because of his low rank of jedi knight, he wouldnt have much accses to the jedi libary, what are ur thoughts?

oh, gideon i like that essay, and is what made me make this topic

If you remember correctly he was also put on the council therefore he has greater access to the archives, if they are limited in levels? (Anyone help me out).

Also hows more access to the archives going to make him more powerful?

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 09:19 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I don't think it would, unless you just mean studying archived methods of Force-usage.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 09:56 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Access to the archives or not, Anakin would've become way more powerful.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 10:06 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barringer

Anakin would have become what Luke has become in the post-ROTJ Expanded Universe.

I don't believe Anakin had further access to restricted holocrons when he was put on the council. He wanted access to them to figure out how to save Padme, but to access them you need to be a master. That's why he was very upset when he wasn't made a master.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 04:51 AM
Click here to Send Barringer a Private Message Find more posts by Barringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Storm

dont forget he stillvhad a master

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 05:20 AM
Click here to Send Darth Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

When Anakin became a Knight, Obi-Wan wasn't technically his Master. And according to the RoTS novelization, Anakin was all pissy after being appointed to the Council not really because he didn't get to be a Master, but because having that rank would grant him access to the archives and holocrons. He had hoped to find a "cure" for Padme in them.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 07:26 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Anakin could have been more powerful. he was extremely powerful as he was as a jedi, and when he become vader he had the potential to become even greater.

Shame Obi-Wan deprived him of his legs really aye...and left him to burn, poor sod

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 12:03 AM
Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

By crikey.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 01:07 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane99

Yes i agree,anakin would certainly be able to have access to forbid jedi arts.
There is a limit to what you can access,only masters can access jedi archives. As for anakin being more powerful in all...what if the knowledge he want and what if he already had enough power and didnt know it? Perhaps learning tricks in the force could of guaranteed his omnipotent powers,and save pademe.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 11:24 AM
Click here to Send darthbane99 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthbane99
Yes i agree,anakin would certainly be able to have access to forbid jedi arts.
There is a limit to what you can access,only masters can access jedi archives. As for anakin being more powerful in all...what if the knowledge he want and what if he already had enough power and didnt know it? Perhaps learning tricks in the force could of guaranteed his omnipotent powers,and save pademe.

even if he could have saved padme, he would of got paranoid and tried to kill her because she said she didnt like what he'd become. the reason he became like his blood thirsty sith self was because of his hunger for power and omnipotence. either way, his learning of 'forbidden arts' would have been in vein...

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 11:04 PM
Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane99

Hmmm....yes i can see that,but power works both ways,if vader learned the powers he yet could still use them for "good"...its not all inherently bad he just needs to be watched over more during training.

It was always hard to foresee anakins path,nobody could have know that he would turn to darkness,and what if that darkness wasnt at all of the sith? What was anakin then? A jedi the whole time. Which means...owning up to his responsibility of power.

Yet part of him wa always attached and is the reason why he became a blood thirsty prince of darkness. Never the less noone could have known what vader really was,just like reaven,vaders fall was necessary to prevent the premature destruction of luke.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 12:04 AM
Click here to Send darthbane99 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordPrydon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anakin's force power was greatly limited by his deprivation of certain body parts at the hands of Obi-Wan in ROTS. GL said so. In the film also the Emperor said Vader (Anakin) would become more powerful than either he or Yoda.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 09:22 PM
Click here to Send LordPrydon a Private Message Find more posts by LordPrydon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Twice as.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 11:02 PM
LordPrydon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did he say twice? have to get out my DVD and go back and rewatch that scene, but I'm sure your right.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 11:03 PM
Click here to Send LordPrydon a Private Message Find more posts by LordPrydon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Lucas said that if Anakin had gone unhindered that he would have been twice as powerful as Palpatine. But whether that calculates DE Palpatine, I don't know.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 11:09 PM
LordPrydon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmm interesting......I think the only real drawback for anakin was his lack of control.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 11:11 PM