KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Identity of the Architects

The Identity of the Architects
Started by: Obi7

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Obi7
The Saber Master

Question The Identity of the Architects

I was just wondering if there was any definite way to discern the identity of the Architects, the legendary race who were supposed to have ruled the galaxy many thousands of years before the Old Republic. They created the Maw and the Correlian system and were rumoured to have extremely advanced technology.
There are a few races that may have been the source of the Architects' legend. These include: The Rakata, the Killiks, the Sharu, the Columi, and many others.

Is there a way to find their exact identity?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 06:15 AM
Click here to Send Obi7 a Private Message Find more posts by Obi7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

There is extremely limited information on the Architects, and I believe its intentional. They predate the races that you just listed, I think.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 06:29 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

I've never heard of this.

Interesting.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 05:25 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Then you've clearly not memorized read through the entire Wookieepedia archive. For shame.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 05:45 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obi7
The Saber Master

I've read all I can about them at wookieepedia, but there were no definite answers, just suspicions.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 07:30 AM
Click here to Send Obi7 a Private Message Find more posts by Obi7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought that they were comfirmed to be the Rakata? Anyway...how did they die out if they were so advanced?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 01:29 AM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
searching......
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rumour has it Red Nemesis sent you a PM and you didn't reply...

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 01:50 AM
Click here to Send searching...... a Private Message Find more posts by searching...... Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
I thought that they were comfirmed to be the Rakata? Anyway...how did they die out if they were so advanced?
Same question was asked the Romans. They said because shit happens.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 03:59 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

I think it was the Sith species. Wait, they didnt have hyperdrives until Republic scouts came to Korriban for new hypersace routes, and Naga Sadow did a whole bunch of stuff to invade the Republic. Buti think i was the Builders, who were the Rakata. They died off because of some reason. It was explained in Darth Bane: Path of Destruction, but i forgot. bw, Revan said Beware my signature. =-)

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 05:20 AM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obi7
The Saber Master

The Builders and the Architects are refered to seperately and some of the things attributed to the Architects predate the Infinite Empire of the Rakata. They are at most only part of the Architects' legacy.

Also, the Rakata are meant to have been the originators of hyperspace technology, which they passed on to the Corellians. However, their is also a seperate intergalactic species known only as the "hyperspace aliens" who may have been the Architects. They came from another galaxy (possibly the Yuzhan Vong Galaxy) and supposedly were the ones who gave hyperspace technology to the Rakata. Thus, they were the ancestors of basically all technology in the starwars galaxy and due to the fact that they had such advanced technology at this time, they may have controlled the starwars galaxy years before.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 11:59 AM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by searching......
Rumour has it Red Nemesis sent you a PM and you didn't reply...

I've heard that if Red_Nemesis sends you a message and you don't reply*, then space cows will climb out of the nearest cell phone and eat your earlobes and then your liver. And you can't live without your liver.

*Replies must be made in the BB#2

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 12:19 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
I've heard that if Red_Nemesis sends you a message and you don't reply*, then space cows will climb out of the nearest cell phone and eat your earlobes and then your liver. And you can't live without your liver.

*Replies must be made in the BB#2

Was the other Red Nemesis a sock of you?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 01:00 AM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Was the other Red Nemesis a sock of you?

Nemesis doesn't create socks. He makes scarfs and gloves usually in the winter and in a red color.

It was Neb btw, like all the other 75 % of socks.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 01:05 AM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote