KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Strongest Apprentices, Weakest Masters?

Strongest Apprentices, Weakest Masters?
Started by: Q99

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Q99

Strongest Apprentices, Weakest Masters?

Talking about Sith Masters/Apprentices here, that is, in the "Darth Vader"/second highest Sith around sense of Apprentice, not padawans.

Of the various Sith apprentices who never claimed the top spot, who do you think were best, strongest, and most deserved to be Masters?

Of the Masters who had the spot, who should've never progressed beyond apprentice or otherwise weaker?

For times outside of rule-of-two era, count whoever's atop the Sith in question (be it the Sith Emperor, Kaan, Krayt, etc.) as a Master, and only the top other Sith as Apprentices (those on the Brotherhood's council, the One Sith with specific titles like Hand or Voice, etc.). And anyone else, is too low to matter.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 09:30 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Marek thumb up

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 09:40 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm confuzzled. Are you asking us to rank in terms of power and worth the great Sith apprentices? I.e. Dooku, Vader, Maul, etc.?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 09:47 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Malak should never have held the title of most powerful.

Marek was definitly stronger than Vader.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 09:49 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Gideon
I'm confuzzled. Are you asking us to rank in terms of power and worth the great Sith apprentices? I.e. Dooku, Vader, Maul, etc.?

Yes, as well as conversely the weakest Sith Masters.

In other words, 'who deserves to be in the other position?'.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 09:49 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Marek should have been Vader's Master if we're interested solely in power, otherwise I suppose the other examples kind've corrected themselves.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 09:57 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Gideon
Marek should have been Vader's Master if we're interested solely in power, otherwise I suppose the other examples kind've corrected themselves.

Though sometimes a good potential master never got the top spot due to serving under an even stronger master, like Palpatine or the Sith Emperor, but if they were in other eras may have been able to topple whoever was at top. Or a weak master may have had an even weaker student.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 10:03 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by mattatom
Bandon thumb up
Fixed.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 01:29 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Lol. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 02:23 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shoes

Nihilus. Everyone else is lying.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 03:46 AM
Click here to Send Shoes a Private Message Find more posts by Shoes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Yeah... Nihilus became the master.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 03:56 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

What was the feat that made Darth Bandon a joke? I can't remember. :/

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 03:58 AM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
What was the feat that made Darth Bandon a joke? I can't remember. :/
He threw a soldier, an officer no less into a power conduit, for no reason whatsoever. Badass.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 06:50 AM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Any Masters that seem particularly lacking?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 04:39 PM
SithAce_1
Sith test pilot

Darth Plagueis! Killed while sleeping? Wow what a noob.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 07:23 PM
Click here to Send SithAce_1 a Private Message Find more posts by SithAce_1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pwned
That guy

Though he could influence the midichlorians and *might* have been able to create life

He could preserve or destroy life as well just by looking at you, seeing him was literally seeing either your death or your life

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 08:08 PM
Click here to Send Pwned a Private Message Find more posts by Pwned Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

He just got shafted. Same with Palpatine.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 09:46 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

He sounds to me like he was an excellent sith researcher, but yea. Who'd sleep with Palpatine around?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 10:00 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can Force users sense danger when they're asleep?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 10:01 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
He just got shafted. Same with Palpatine.

Litterally. eek!

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 10:05 PM