KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Favorite EU ships?

Favorite EU ships?
Started by: Q99

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Q99

Favorite EU ships?

What are your favorite Starships of SW which, and this is important, are *not* either from the original trilogy, or based directly on them?

(I.e. no wedge shaped star destroyers. No Mon Cals that are basically like Home One but bigger or otherwise the same general standard shape, and so on)

Old Post May 14th, 2012 11:15 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

That's a good question.

Leviathan looks kind of neat, like an organic lobster claw, I suppose. The TOR-era Fury mixes the awesomeness of the TIE fighter with the luxury and comfort of a Corellian freighter.

Old Post May 15th, 2012 12:55 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I thought about this, and it dismays me to realise that I can't think of a single EU ship that stands out to me.

That probably has to do with the fact that the actual technology in Star Wars is basically ignored unless it's a superweapon. EU ships essentially serve no role beyond acting as a backdrop for plot progression. Sad, really. That's one of the things I like about the Halo universe; the various ships and vehicles the characters utilize tend to be fleshed out to the point that they serve as more than just a means to an end.

I'd like to see a star wars story that focuses exclusively on military personnell such as pilots ans bridge crew. The Rogue Squadron novels came close, but Stackpole sucks at writing characters that aren't Gary Stu's.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 15th, 2012 01:38 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Wasn't there a book about the Millenium Falcon though?

Old Post May 15th, 2012 01:58 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Yeah, though IIRC it was about its history; when it was created, who flew it before Han got his hands on it, etc.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 15th, 2012 02:19 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Its a genre thing. Star Wars is Soft Sci-fi, meaning that it doesn't focus on the tech as much as it does on the characters and setting etc. Hard Sci-fi looks at the technology and explores how it works, what impact it has etc.

Old Post May 15th, 2012 02:26 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I need b*tchin' visuals for the cool technology to stand out to me, and most of the EU is just novels and crappy comics.

So I'm gonna say... none of them.

Old Post May 15th, 2012 04:00 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

The Scythe and Tri-Scythe ships from Legacy have kinda grown on me- very foward-forced, offensive specialized designs as opposed to the jack-of-all-trades ships that dominated the rebellion era.

Old Post May 15th, 2012 06:02 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 15th, 2012 06:12 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I like the Swtor spaceships quite a lot. I really like the inside of the Trooper ship, its very spacious and looks like a military vessal imo..... apart from the idiotic massive support beam in front of the captains chair and the fact that the windows are too high up to actually look out of. That thing would be awful in an actual fight. The agent's ship is very sleek on the inside but kind of dull inside, while the Jedi ship is a good balance of the two.

Old Post May 15th, 2012 06:14 PM
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
The Eclipse. Palpatine's flagship in DE:

It does have a very nice nautical-ship like grace.

Old Post May 15th, 2012 07:59 PM
Darth Ray Park
Restricted

Account Restricted

No mention for the Ebon Hawk or the Leviathan/Harbinger?

I also really like yhe Jedi Starfighter used on the swoop tracks on manaan, taris and tatooine during the jedi civil war.

UN...LIMITEEEEEEEED...VOTES!! THAT IS HER TRUE POWER!!

Old Post May 25th, 2012 11:50 PM
Click here to Send Darth Ray Park a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Ray Park Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Ray Park
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Q99
It does have a very nice nautical-ship like grace.

I disagree it is very poorly drawn and it's no coinincidence that Del Ry never hire that artist ever again to work on another comic.

Old Post May 25th, 2012 11:51 PM
Click here to Send Darth Ray Park a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Ray Park Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Darth Ray Park
I disagree it is very poorly drawn and it's no coinincidence that Del Ry never hire that artist ever again to work on another comic.

That artist wasn't good, granted, but I still liked the design. Just preferably draw by others ^^

Old Post May 26th, 2012 03:19 AM
Pwned
That guy

Yeah, the Eclipse has been one of my favorites for a while. Superweapons are my kind of thing, because they just have a coolness factor until it gets to the absurd ranges or they are copies.

Old Post May 28th, 2012 01:45 AM
Click here to Send Pwned a Private Message Find more posts by Pwned Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

The Millenium Falcon just 'cause Han Solo was the owner. You don't need another reason.

Old Post May 28th, 2012 02:00 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dgeoro_scattere
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Executor.

Old Post May 28th, 2012 02:51 AM
Click here to Send dgeoro_scattere a Private Message Find more posts by dgeoro_scattere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

The Millennium Falcon and Executor aren't exactly EU.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 11:44 PM
Battlemaster

I always liked the The Shrike from Mysteries of the Sith.

Loved the design.

Probably my favorite ship in Star Wars in general.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2012 11:44 PM
Click here to Send Battlemaster a Private Message Find more posts by Battlemaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Link broken there

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2012 11:00 PM