KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Which episode of The Clone Wars is your favorite and why?

Which episode of The Clone Wars is your favorite and why?
Started by: Lighter332

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

Which episode of The Clone Wars is your favorite and why?

myself, I love the episode where Lord Sidious battles Maul and Savage.

was sad to see Savage die though. they could have done more with that character.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 02:22 PM
Click here to Send Lighter332 a Private Message Find more posts by Lighter332 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

That was a good one, it shows how much stronger, smarter, faster, more powerful and just plain ol' better Sidious is than everyone else.

But "Massacre" is the best one, IMHO. Competent!Grievous, sympathetic!Asajj, powerful!Talzin, vulnerable!Dooku, and victorious!Separatists.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 03:02 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

that episode was a good one too.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 03:39 PM
Click here to Send Lighter332 a Private Message Find more posts by Lighter332 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The_Tempest
That was a good one, it shows how much stronger, smarter, faster, more powerful and just plain ol' better Sidious is than everyone else.

But "Massacre" is the best one, IMHO. Competent!Grievous, sympathetic!Asajj, powerful!Talzin, vulnerable!Dooku, and victorious!Separatists.
I think I hated that episode the most. Voodoo dolls and magic zombies; what horseshit.

"The Jedi Who Knew Too Much" is my favorite.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 01:11 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Yup.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2013 03:36 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I think I hated that episode the most. Voodoo dolls and magic zombies; what horseshit.

Star Wars draws heavily on fantasy despite its scientific setting, so the presence of zombies and voodoo dolls don't bother me unduly.

Maybe if it wasn't confined to a specific world with specific characters, I'd agree.

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
"The Jedi Who Knew Too Much" is my favorite.

That was a pretty good episode, too, but not as entertaining. Well-written but boring is as bad as poorly-written but flashy.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2013 08:59 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Any episode that gives Obi-Wan credit. I've enjoyed most of season 5, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2013 09:47 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Originally posted by -Pr-
Any episode that gives Obi-Wan credit. I've enjoyed most of season 5, though.

Yeah, he doesn't get much respect does he?

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 06:13 AM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah Revival was an awesome episode. Because they built up Maul and Opress to be these 2 powerful brutes and then just had Obi-Wan smack them both around.

Was a nice surprise. I think that was a more exciting fight and episode than the Sidious one tbh.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 09:48 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

That was a pretty good episode, too, but not as entertaining. Well-written but boring is as bad as poorly-written but flashy.
See I didn't find it boring. Decent mystery, genuine angst, good chase scene. They forwent another mindless action scene with no emotional weight or meaningful stakes and introduced some humanity. It was a well executed shift and I just wish they had allowed the whole series to develop in to season, or even series long arcs with a similar format.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 10:54 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

I didn’t mean to suggest that it was boring; just not as entertaining as “Massacre.” The chase scene was striking and Tarkin is like Sidious in that the more we see of him (giggity), the better things tend to be; it’s definitely top ten, possibly top five for me.

But “Massacre” was about as balanced as you can get, IMHO. It wasn’t perfect: Ventress’s unholy baptism was narmy as hell. But General Grievous was redeemed as a warrior and warmaster, leading a successful invasion of a primitive but powerful enemy. Ventress’s abandonment issues were further explored. The zombies were generally freaky and the droids were (surprise, surprise!) dangerous for a change. Dooku, usually a dominant presence, was cowed and virtually powerless, making Talzin even more intimidating.

I’d give “Jedi Who Knows Too Much” and “The Lawless” about an 8.5/10, whereas “Massacre” earns a 9/10.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 06:31 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I'll admit I'm biased against Ventress. I've never liked her. I think it's her voice, it always sounded like she was trying to sound dangerous, or menacing, or threatening, or edgy, instead of actually just being that way. She always reminded me of a tertiary villain in a video game who will show up periodically as a mini-boss fight, get defeated, and beat a hasty retreat before declaring "We'll meet again, Spiderman Kenobi/Skywalker!" Simpering and annoying.

Grievous too. For a primarily cartoon franchise, that character is somehow too cartoony. Like the creators decided there wasn't a proper Snidely Whiplash in Star Wars so they better develop a retarded Russian cyborg with smoker's lung.

Any episode with either of those two in them automatically dips in appreciation for me.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 09:38 PM
The_Tempest

Fair enough.

But that's why I enjoyed "Massacre" so much; Grievous and especially Ventress were portrayed differently from how they usually are.

"The Lawless" might have taken the top spot if Sidious's presence didn't comically overshadow everything else.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 09:59 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I had been hoping for more dialogue between him and the brothers instead of jumping straight to fight, fight fight fight, fight fight, fight fight. Though they gutted a pretty young blonde chick right in front of her boyfriend so that was a huge plus.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 10:11 PM
The_Tempest

Sidious asking him how he survived, mayhaps?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 10:22 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Vensai
Yeah, he doesn't get much respect does he?

He's the guy they make look bad so that Anakin can look good.

The more time they spend apart, the more Kenobi benefits.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 10:25 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

He's the guy they make look bad so that Anakin can look good.

The more time they spend apart, the more Kenobi benefits.

Don't forget how they look Kenobi look bad so Ahsoka can look good. I cannot see how Grievous, who has gone against Jedi Council members, was held off by Ahsoka, for example.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 10:06 AM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Vensai
Don't forget how they look Kenobi look bad so Ahsoka can look good. I cannot see how Grievous, who has gone against Jedi Council members, was held off by Ahsoka, for example.

That too. He's like Thor in an Avengers book. He's uber when he's alone, but when the Hulk is around, someone needs to be Worfed to make hulk's victory look impressive.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 07:15 PM
bluehouse

I like all episode of it, it is really interesting.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 05:04 AM
Click here to Send bluehouse a Private Message Find more posts by bluehouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

That too. He's like Thor in an Avengers book. He's uber when he's alone, but when the Hulk is around, someone needs to be Worfed to make hulk's victory look impressive.

It's annoying whenever Thor goes up against Hulk they will have them punch it out for Hulk to look superior.

Same thing happened in the movie. Though I forgive them for that as it was a really good scene and people should be able to guess Thor won't go all out with his powers in that context.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 07:23 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote