KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir

Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir
Started by: Lord Stark

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir

Cover for Volume 1 and summary:
Getting cut in half by Obi-Wan Kenobi and being rejected by his former Sith master Darth Sidious isn't going to defeat Darth Maul. In fact, it only makes him mad enough to take on the galaxy—with an army of Mandalorians!

(please log in to view the image)

Cover for Volume 2 and summary:
"With his Shadow Collective army stalled, Darth Maul calls on Mother Talzin for help and is sent reinforcements—the deadly Nightbrothers! Maul is ready again to take on the Separatist droid army, Count Dooku, and General Grievous—in a trio of simultaneous battles!"

Cover for Volume 3 and summary:
"Darth Maul has captured Darth Sidious's new apprentice! Mother Talzin and Maul attempt to sway Count Dooku to their cause, revealing surprising facts about Maul's past. But an attack by an elite Jedi strike force throws everyone's plans into chaos!"

So...seems to me like either Maul>Dooku, or Talzin helps subdue the Count.

The North Remembers

Old Post May 10th, 2014 08:43 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Pirates.

Just saying.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 08:57 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Either that or Maul hired some pirates to handle him. wink

Edit: ****, beaten by a hair.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 08:58 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Good to see Dooku babyshaking some Nightbrothers though.
Sploosh.

The North Remembers

Old Post May 10th, 2014 09:00 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

So I guess Palpatine just... lets him go?

Old Post May 10th, 2014 09:02 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Nah... the mandalorians break him out

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 10th, 2014 09:05 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Sidious wasn't mad, he was just disappointed.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 09:06 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

It says in the summary of the second issue that Darth Maul gets reinforcements from the Nightbrothers to take down Dooku and Grievous. And in the first issue he's still got his Mandalorian army. So he's not going to capture him in a one on one fight or anything.

The younger powerful Jedi/Sith like Kenobi, Maul and Skywalker are not usually going to be a match for the Older, more learned ones like Windu, Dooku and obviously Yoda/Sidious.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 09:08 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Maybe he'll survive and pop back up in the new trilogy!

smile

Old Post May 10th, 2014 09:14 PM
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eminence

smile

Well that obviously won't happen. But in all seriousness I hope he survives and at some point pops up in the new animation "Rebels'. Simply because I think it would be a great injustice to the character to kill him off in a comic book.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Eminence

smile

Hnnnnng! No thanks. >:[

Old Post May 10th, 2014 09:17 PM
Eminence
Boss

Spin-off?

edit: I really hope they keep him out of Rebels unless they're adapting that Visionaries bit. And even then. I'd like this Inquisitor to not get, like, completely overshadowed.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 09:17 PM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Like some people. Grievous, Durge, etc.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 09:20 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

I miss Durge. I miss him bad.

edit: and Grievous.

sad

Old Post May 10th, 2014 09:35 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I can't wait to see Dooku meet Maul!

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 10th, 2014 09:47 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I can't wait to see Dooku meet Maul!

agreed bro

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 10th, 2014 09:53 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

At this point, the fighting is getting more contrived then the IM/Cap v. Thor in The Avengers. Maybe Han Solo can fist fight Wedge in new media too.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 10:18 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
At this point, the fighting is getting more contrived then the IM/Cap v. Thor in The Avengers. Maybe Han Solo can fist fight Wedge in new media too.
It'll be up to Han to survive an onslaught from the mighty Lando, who is pissed that he lost the Falcon. It'll be told over the course of an entire season of Rebels, and will be lubricated with the reflexive semen of tasteless fanboys.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 10:35 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

I'm looking foward to this. The first entry into new canon. I wan't Maul to die though.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 10:59 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm so pissed the one ****ing time we get Maul vs. Dooku on screen TCW gets ****ing cancelled! But, when is it coming out? How many volumes are there? Where can I get it?

Old Post May 11th, 2014 01:37 AM
Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote