KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Sith and Jedi Most Responsible for the Great Jedi Purge

Sith and Jedi Most Responsible for the Great Jedi Purge
Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Sith and Jedi Most Responsible for the Great Jedi Purge

Who were the three Sith and three Jedi most responsible for the Great Jedi Purge and why?

(Anakin's betrayal doesn't count as Jedi)

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 05:36 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Bane, Plageuis, Dooku.

Yoda, (I know sad ) Windu, Shaak Ti.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 05:40 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Reasonings (I forgot)

Created the rule of two. Created the plan. Coerced the republic into making more troops.

Didn't see it coming, (TCW), Was too focused on Palps and not Anakin. Let Anakin leave the temple to follow Windu.

Yep, the entire thing was Shaak Ti's fault XD

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 05:41 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Selenial
Bane, Plageuis, Dooku.

confused

So the guy who ended up setting it all into motion isn't the most responsible?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 05:50 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Sidious was just a "meh" in the scheme things, then?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 05:56 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Sith
Darth Bane-expertly deceived the Jedi into thinking the Sith were dead so they could prosper in secret hidden from the Jedi, created the Order of the Sith Lords, created the Rule of Two, and laid the groundwork for the Grand Plan and the Sith power base.

Darth Plagueis-finished the Grand Plan with Sidious, finished building the Sith power base, planted the idea for a clone army in Sifo-Dyas's head, and helped get Sidious elected as chancellor.

Darth Sidious-finished and executed the Grand Plan as chancellor, then emperor.

Jedi
Yoda-he made some very stupid decisions as Grand Master, and if he ha decided differently, may have stopped or lessened the Purge. The Jedi were privy to much evidence near the end of the war pointing at the Sith scheme to destroy them an its nature, evidence which Yoda failed to look into or blatantly chose to ignore. He also failed to take full advantage of a few opportunities to learn Sidious's identity. This is all topped off by Yoda learning the Jedi are all going to die, and just let's it happen.

Sifo-Dyas-the dude placed the order for the clone army.

Vallenthyne Farfalla-Johun Othone provided evidence that some Sith survived the thought bomb from the beginning, and despite it being perfectly reasonable that not all Sith were in the caves, Farfalla dismisses it with the old Jedi excuse of, "you're just being emotional." Then when he runs off with a strike team to take on Bane, he doesn't even warn the Council.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 06:27 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

What did Shaak Ti do exactly?

On the Jedi side, Windu being an ass to Anakin certainly didn't help.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 07:03 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Eh. Had Yoda listened to Windu at one point they may have discovered Sidious's identity before Order 66.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 07:06 AM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by Q99
What did Shaak Ti do exactly?

On the Jedi side, Windu being an ass to Anakin certainly didn't help.

She let Anakin leave for the Chancellors office despite strict instructions from Windu that no one leaves.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 12:33 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by ares834
confused

So the guy who ended up setting it all into motion isn't the most responsible?

It was Plageuis' scheme, Palpatine just happened to be the one who made it. Dooku was more important, without his loyalty Palp's would have been ****ed.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 12:35 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Tenebrous?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 12:50 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

It was Plageuis' scheme, Palpatine just happened to be the one who made it. Dooku was more important, without his loyalty Palp's would have been ****ed.

erm

Plagueis was inextricably linked to the creation of the clone army, but it was Palpatine who devised the scheme to turn the Republic against the Jedi and foment civil war. And per Darth Maul: Lockdown, Plagueis was only aware of the broad developments of Palpatine's scheme to topple the Republic. Essentially, Palpatine largely designed the plan and did most of the leg work; Plagueis oversaw the creation of the clone army and used his political capital to advance Sidious's designs.

And how much of that is even the case is up in the air since Plagueis is n-canon.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 12:56 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by The_Tempest
erm

Plagueis was inextricably linked to the creation of the clone army, but it was Palpatine who devised the scheme to turn the Republic against the Jedi and foment civil war. And per Darth Maul: Lockdown, Plagueis was only aware of the broad developments of Palpatine's scheme to topple the Republic. Essentially, Palpatine largely designed the plan and did most of the leg work; Plagueis oversaw the creation of the clone army and used his political capital to advance Sidious's designs.

thumb up

Yes, Palpatine's genius is what made the plan work out so perfectly. What he did through TPM to ROTS was the most essential part of the sith grand plan.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 01:31 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kalen Sykes

She let Anakin leave for the Chancellors office despite strict instructions from Windu that no one leaves.

True, but do you really think she could've stopped him? Anakin and Mace were the most powerful Jedi on Coruscant, and Shaak Ti wasn't even part of the team sent to arrest Palpatine.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 01:57 PM
Click here to Send Kalen Sykes a Private Message Find more posts by Kalen Sykes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
True, but do you really think she could've stopped him? Anakin and Mace were the most powerful Jedi on Coruscant, and Shaak Ti wasn't even part of the team sent to arrest Palpatine.

Yes, I think she could have.

He wouldn't have attacked her, he wasn't unstable until he realised Windu was going to kill palpatine. She also had other Jedi around who would have helped her, the Temple guards etc.

She was also only left behind because they needed a Council member in the temple in case they failed, and Ti was easily the best leader out of the other 3.

She was a better duelist than Kolar, Tin and Fisto.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 02:27 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

erm

And how much of that is even the case is up in the air since Plagueis is n-canon.

Perhaps. But again, Plageuis got Palpatine into power, and Dooku elevated him.

It was a toss up between Dooku and Palpatine for me, but Dooku was the one who got Palpatine the Emergency powers, Dooku was the one who put pressure on the Republic to do everything Palpatine wanted. Dooku's armies were the ones who cut down some of the Jedi's finest warriors and stretched them thinly across the Galaxy in order to make them easier targets.

Palpatine was crucial, but it was more the position of any Sith, Plageuis could have got anyone to that position, but no one would have replaced Plageuis' genius, and no one could have been as charismatic and effective as Dooku was at rounding the seperatists.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 02:30 PM
The_Tempest

Perhaps. But again, Plageuis got Palpatine into power, and Dooku elevated him.

It was a toss up between Dooku and Palpatine for me, but Dooku was the one who got Palpatine the Emergency powers, Dooku was the one who put pressure on the Republic to do everything Palpatine wanted. Dooku's armies were the ones who cut down some of the Jedi's finest warriors and stretched them thinly across the Galaxy in order to make them easier targets.

Palpatine was crucial, but it was more the position of any Sith, Plageuis could have got anyone to that position, but no one would have replaced Plageuis' genius, and no one could have been as charismatic and effective as Dooku was at rounding the seperatists.

The problem is that Dooku didn't act independently, he acted under Darth Sidious's orders. Moreover, while Dooku was the public face of the Separatist cause, it was Sidious who orchestrated the development of the CIS from behind the scenes and through intermediaries. Dooku definitely deserves credit for pulling his weight, but Sidious was the one pulling the strings and doling out marching orders.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 02:43 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

The problem is that Dooku didn't act independently, he acted under Darth Sidious's orders. Moreover, while Dooku was the public face of the Separatist cause, it was Sidious who orchestrated the development of the CIS from behind the scenes and through intermediaries. Dooku definitely deserves credit for pulling his weight, but Sidious was the one pulling the strings and doling out marching orders.

Perhaps, but this is an opinion based topic.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 02:55 PM
The_Tempest

Well sure, but I don't understand giving the lion's share of credit to the errand boy than he who was giving the orders and designing the plans.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 02:58 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Well sure, but I don't understand giving the lion's share of credit to the errand boy than he who was giving the orders and designing the plans.

Again, Palpatine wasn't That Important.

If it was top 4, then yeh he'd be on there. If that's any consolation.

Besides, Dooku could have enacted the great Jedi Purge himself, with the Seperatist army, given the way that the Banking clan and other financiers were operating.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 03:01 PM