KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Can Anakin Resist Darth Nihilus' drain ability?

Can Anakin Resist Darth Nihilus' drain ability?
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Can Anakin Resist Darth Nihilus' drain ability?

So recently I remembered a few things a about one of my favorite Star Wars games, Attack Of The Clones and I Saw that Anakin could resist the reaper's incredible drain that nearly destroyed/or did destroy one of Kashyyk's moons. So could he possibly do it? just curious

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 11:34 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

It's been suggested he can.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 11:35 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
It's been suggested he can.

Yeah I've wondered, especially considering Kreia's - and the entire games, notion that only someone like the exile(a wound) Could beat someone like Nihilus, which begs the question. Can such a resistance be taught to everyone? I mean Ulic's tomb/Holocron taught to Anakin? so I'd assume that the ability could be learned.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 11:44 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Not this can of worms again...

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 11:45 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by ares834
Not this can of worms again...

No offense, but if you don't actually like this specific discussion/subject then you shouldn't have clicked on it and wasted your time commenting on it. it's just that simple.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 11:50 PM
ares834

But I like to b**** and moan so...

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 11:54 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Well, it's debatable.

I haven't read the passage in a while, but IIRC it describes the defense as creating your own nexus, or Resevoir of force energy, and forcing your opponent to feed on that... It'd still take a lot of effort, just probably less effort than the force drain is worth.

However I don't think he could do it if Nihilus drained him, because Anakin isn't a historian, he knows nothing of Nihilus' abilities in drain.

Even then, Nihilus would probably slaughter said "resevoir" and just obliterate Anakin once he was too tired.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 11:54 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

So basically it's a Star Wars Patronus Charm?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 11:56 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

lol

wut

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 11:57 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by Emperordmb
So basically it's a Star Wars Patronus Charm?

Pretty much

And Nihilus is like 5 billion dementors. No Aberforth to the rescue this time.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 11:59 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Seriously, where are you getting this info on how Anakin's technique works?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 12:05 AM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by ares834
Seriously, where are you getting this info on how Anakin's technique works?

Somewhere.

Neph just brought it up in another thread, so I assume he has the source.

I'll go looking for it though, I got it off the TOR forums, (Think it was Aurbere, I'll ask)

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 12:07 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I do not.

It's been discussed before though. I'm going off of memory.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 12:09 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I just watched the vid where he learns it from Ulic. It apparently "harvest the power of the force around you making you immune to the Dark Reaper effects for a short time." So perhaps similar to what was claimed, perhaps not.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 12:15 AM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Well, it was gone into a lot more detail, and sourced from a Novel the way I remember it.

I'm going off memory too, Aurbere and Beni owe me favors from sourcing stuff for them, perhaps I can call those in on this...

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 12:18 AM
ares834

The Dark Reaper has never been in a novel. And I doubt any of the guides went into any real detail. IIRC, the KotOR campaign guide certainly did not.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 12:20 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Yeah I've wondered, especially considering Kreia's - and the entire games, notion that only someone like the exile(a wound) Could beat someone like Nihilus, which begs the question. Can such a resistance be taught to everyone? I mean Ulic's tomb/Holocron taught to Anakin? so I'd assume that the ability could be learned.
Idk about Anakin's technique, but the Exile's and Nihilus' "power" can't be taught. It's gained through certain experiences.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 12:53 AM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

According to Kreia at least.

Anyway, Anakin didn't learn drain but rather a way to defend against it (or something similar).

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 12:55 AM
NemeBro

What he asked is if the Exile's defense can be taught, which is a no, as far as we know. Whether or not other such defenses might exist is another matter my son.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 01:00 AM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Sure. I assumed you were talking about drain however. As Kreia claims drain can not be taught but must be experienced in order to learn. And considering the wording you used in your post, I assumed you were referring to that conversation.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 01:05 AM