KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How powerful is Sidious' lightning?

How powerful is Sidious' lightning?
Started by: Sinious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sinious
Yo Da Best

How powerful is Sidious' lightning?

We saw Sidious use it against sithspawns, jedi, weird sorcerers, clone troopers etc. but we never saw him utterly overwhelm a powerful force user with it.

Especially in ROTS, one time he used it was against the strongest jedi up to that point and the other guy was Vaapad Samuel so naturally he wasn't able to stomp them.

It is harder to measure his strength in this area compared to the likes of Darth Vitiate who just uses FLS when encountered by powerful opponents. So combat wise, I'm curious to know how far Sidious could go by using his lightning. Now, it is clear that his lightning is one of the best lightnings in the mythos, possibly the best one but how powerful do you think was it exactly? Which group of force sensitives or powerful individuals could he overwhelm with his lightning only?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 02:50 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Actually in the ROTJ novel Luke tries to tutaminis it but gets utterly overwhelmed once Sidious got a little bit serious. Also if you scale it off Starkiller its ridiculously powerful.

The North Remembers

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 03:45 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Luke even knowing tutaminis is so ****ing ridiculous. And even looking at the scene in the movie it's quite obvious he didn't try to do jack shit. I doubt he even knew what Force lightning was.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 03:47 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

My summary of the power of Sidious's lightning is that it's quite good.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 03:52 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Actually in the ROTJ novel Luke tries to tutaminis it but gets utterly overwhelmed once Sidious got a little bit serious. Also if you scale it off Starkiller its ridiculously powerful.

ROTJ Luke isnt really a good test for Sidious' lightning.

My real question is, who do you think is the strongest individual/group of force users Sidious can defeat with his lightning.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 04:13 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Sinious
ROTJ Luke isnt really a good test for Sidious' lightning.

My real question is, who do you think is the strongest individual/group of force users Sidious can defeat with his lightning.

Okay, I think knocking the most powerful Jedi in galactic history out cold with a single short burst is enough. He can kill anyone with his lightning imo. Mace almost died himself and he had a lightsaber and Vaapad.

The North Remembers

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 06:32 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Okay, I think knocking the most powerful Jedi in galactic history out cold with a single short burst is enough. He can kill anyone with his lightning imo. Mace almost died himself and he had a lightsaber and Vaapad.

Also overloading Yoda's Force Absorb too.

But yeah...

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 06:41 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

It was bending Windu's saber back towards him in the book, wasn't it?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 06:41 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Trocity
It was bending Windu's saber back towards him in the book, wasn't it?
Correct

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 07:58 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Powerful enough to overpower Vitiate.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 09:18 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

rofl

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 09:32 PM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

U mad, Beefy?

Originally posted by ares834
Powerful enough to overpower Vitiate.

thumb up

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 09:34 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

This is your only contribution to the thread? erm

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 09:41 PM
The_Tempest

This is your only contribution to the thread? erm

You talking to me or Beefy or both of us?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 09:43 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by The_Tempest
You talking to me or Beefy or both of us?

I was talking to you and Ares but deep down I care about you the most.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 09:48 PM
The_Tempest

I was talking to you and Ares but deep down I care about you the most.

Intriguing. Since you claim to not be uber-biased towards Vitiate, why are Ares and I being singled out and not Beefy?

Is it perhaps because Beefy shares a pro-Vitiate worldview?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 09:49 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Intriguing. Since you claim to not be uber-biased towards Vitiate, why are Ares and I being singled out and not Beefy?

Is it perhaps because Beefy shares a pro-Vitiate worldview?

Its cause psmith didnt even participate and openly admits that he isnt interested in PT characters. So I don't expect him to contribute which isnt the case with you.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 09:53 PM
The_Tempest

Its cause psmith didnt even participate and openly admits that he isnt interested in PT characters. So I don't expect him to contribute which isnt the case with you.

Beefy responded, as did I. His response conveyed condescension with Ares' remark whereas mine endorsed it.

You're being pretty selective here, tbh. You sure you're just not a little biased here?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 09:55 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Beefy responded, as did I. His response conveyed condescension with Ares' remark whereas mine endorsed it.

You're being pretty selective here, tbh. You sure you're just not a little biased here?

He rolfed at something that was addressed at me ill intentionally. And again, he openly says he doesn't like PT. Why do you compare yourself to him?

We're all biased to a certain degree. But, in our prior talks, we had a consensus on where to place Vitiate so I'm not sure why you think my judgement is clouded when it comes to Viti.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 10:02 PM
The_Tempest

Hey, I openly loathe SWTOR as much as Beefy openly loathes the PT. So there again... why are poor Ares and I being singled out here?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 10:15 PM