KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » EMP related Q

EMP related Q
Started by: Zenwolf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

EMP related Q

So EMPs....I know there was at least one showing of EMP grenades in TCW I believe. But my Q is, is Vader immune or resistant to EMPs?

I've looked but can't really find an answer. I know people are gonna being up Force Lighting, but then people also say that

Force Lighting =/= EMP blast

So I'm trying to figure...what effects does an EMP have?

I know there's Ion Blasters and so forth, but would they be greater than an EMP? I wanna say yes, considering EMPs aren't really used in SW, as they seem to have been replaced by Ion weapons...

But if anyone has any material in relating to EMP stuff, greatly appreciate it because what I have...I haven't gotten much info.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2015 02:11 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

I could have recalled reading somewhere that Vader's suit is resistant to electric interference in general, not just force Lightning.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Mar 15th, 2015 04:11 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Hmm?....Really? Also I do recall reading that a guy tried using an EMP against Vader and it didn't work...but I dunno where, may have just imagined it.

But.../shrug

I guess I could try looking again and see, but if anyone has concrete info would appreciate.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2015 04:31 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

I know the cyborg bounty hunter, Tark, used a bunch of stuff on him, but I only recall regular grenades and built in laser blades. It was in one of the Tales.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2015 09:49 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Re: EMP related Q

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
So EMPs....I know there was at least one showing of EMP grenades in TCW I believe. But my Q is, is Vader immune or resistant to EMPs?

I've looked but can't really find an answer. I know people are gonna being up Force Lighting, but then people also say that

Force Lighting =/= EMP blast

So I'm trying to figure...what effects does an EMP have?

I know there's Ion Blasters and so forth, but would they be greater than an EMP? I wanna say yes, considering EMPs aren't really used in SW, as they seem to have been replaced by Ion weapons...

But if anyone has any material in relating to EMP stuff, greatly appreciate it because what I have...I haven't gotten much info.

Not quite... You know in star war they call blasters lasers somes times..

Sometimes PEP DCE Or IONIC PULSE wave can be called EMP... WIthout being EMP....
Technology IS MY DOMAIN *****.

The Pulsed energy projectile laser, commonly shortened to PEP laser, was a non-lethal form of weaponry. Originally designed for police units tasked with controlling riots, the PEP laser made use of a deuterium fluoride laser to incapacitate targets without causing serious, long-lasting injury. Effective against most medium-sized humanoids, when discharged the PEP laser emitted a loud shockwave of sound and light, and was capable of knocking an individual off of their feet and inflicting significant pain.

Missiles à impulsions magnétiques : Bien que ces missiles ne puissent pas endommager les boucliers de la cible visée, elle peut neutraliser son système offensif pendant 30 secondes.
Missiles à impulsions ioniques : Le dernier cri en matière de technologie de missiles. Celui-ci se comporte comme une torpille à protons pour endommager les boucliers adverses, et comme un canon à ions pour détruire ses systèmes, une fois son bouclier dissipé.
Impulsions magnétiques = IEM=EMP
There is also IMP in star war

Last edited by Revanchiste on Mar 17th, 2015 at 12:44 AM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 12:38 AM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Re: Re: EMP related Q

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Revanchiste
Not quite... You know in star war they call blasters lasers somes times..

Sometimes PEP DCE Or IONIC PULSE wave can be called EMP... WIthout being EMP....
Technology IS MY DOMAIN *****.

Right I know, I'm just saying is all.

Plus I think I found my answer anyway, looking through it.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 12:39 AM
Revanchiste

There is also IMP The same than EMP but instead of Electromatics impulsion that's ionique impulsion....
Remember than ion in classic scien-fi is a ionised plasmic projection... So Ion is a mixt between EMP and Blaster technology in star war...
A light version of the blaster technology....

In star war Ionic shot are blue... (Somtimes red when we abord the subject of the V-155 planettary gun...)
IMP isan anwser to those counter mesure...

Vader suit resist EMP But not IMP... IMP have been devlopped to replace the EMP because it was becoming obselete and countermesure have been found (especialy on spec ops troops the CLone commando had anti EMP katarn armor....)

Well easy way to know if it's EMP or IMP in the star war universe IMP = it flash. EMP= Lightnings O.K?
EMP = Go through shield.
IMP = Stopped by shield...

Last edited by Revanchiste on Mar 17th, 2015 at 12:55 AM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 12:50 AM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote