KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Plot armor at its finest

Plot armor at its finest
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Plot armor at its finest

(please log in to view the image)

*sigh*

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 05:29 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Oh noes, a show for kids didn't kill off their main female role to satisfy people who don't even watch the show!

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 05:34 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Oh noes, a show for kids didn't kill off their main female role to satisfy people who don't even watch the show!
thumb up laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 05:37 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

-

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by carthage on Jul 25th, 2015 at 05:41 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 05:38 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
That's why it's a terrible show. Children deaths are the most satisfying.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Jul 25th, 2015 at 06:28 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 06:22 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

LOL

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 06:32 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

lol if we wanna talk plot armor, lets talk about Boba surviving the Sarlac thing

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 06:34 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Or maybe they just have good armor you pack of sweaty weeaboos

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 06:50 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Re: Plot armor at its finest

Originally posted by Kurk

*sigh*

I think that's called actual armor at it's finest.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 06:52 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Plot armor = Orbalisks

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 06:57 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

The plot armor is why he didn't just fling the entire group off the ship with a casual gesture, then cut them to pieces at his leisure.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 06:57 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Plot armor at its finest

Originally posted by Nephthys

Oh cmon, you know if that was a clone or death watch member they'd be dead. One shot to the chest another to the visor and she just gets back up. NOT EVEN INJURED OR AT LEAST KNOCKED OUT

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 06:58 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Armor that can tank blaster fire? This is not a new concept to SW

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 07:19 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Re: Plot armor at its finest

*sigh*

The exact same thing happened to Boba Fett in the comics. Why did nobody whinge about that?

Originally posted by Nephthys

Precisely.

Originally posted by Tzeentch
The plot armor is why he didn't just fling the entire group off the ship with a casual gesture, then cut them to pieces at his leisure.

Because he didn't WANT to "cut them to pieces at his leisure." The plan was to scare them so they'd run back to the Rebel fleet and he'd track them there.

So no, not "plot armour" just an actual plot.

Last edited by chilled monkey on Jul 25th, 2015 at 08:41 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 08:37 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Did it work?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 08:53 PM
Zenwolf

Re: Re: Re: Plot armor at its finest

Oh cmon, you know if that was a clone or death watch member they'd be dead. One shot to the chest another to the visor and she just gets back up. NOT EVEN INJURED OR AT LEAST KNOCKED OUT

The 2nd bolt actually hit along the right side of the helmet, not the visor, as the scene after you see a blaster mark there. Even still though yeah I gotta agree, there should have been some kind of discomfort or something.

But it is what it is, although Stormtroopers have survived blaster shots in the series(Zeb ontop of a walker, blasted a Stormtrooper off his feet, was still moving after). So....yeah the armor works.

Although even still.

I find it amusing though she can survive blaster pistol shots, when Deathwatch Mandos who pretty much have a similar set of armor died to straight blaster pistols in TCW. But whatever.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jul 25th, 2015 at 09:56 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 09:53 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Did it work?

Pretty much, yes. He tracked them to the Rebel fleet and started laying waste to it. The plan only failed in the end because Ahsoka was there, something he hadn't expected or planned for.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 09:54 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Why didn't he kill Ahsoka instantly with the force?!?!?!!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 10:35 PM
Zenwolf

Why didn't he kill Ahsoka instantly with the force?!?!?!!

Cause he was piloting his TIE fighter and they were on different ships?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 10:37 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Vader has killed people from multiple systems away.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 10:40 PM