KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » What can the strongest Star Wars chatacters bust?

What can the strongest Star Wars chatacters bust?
Started by: The Merchant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Merchant

What can the strongest Star Wars chatacters bust?

As said in the title. Can SW characters destroy a city, state, country, or a planet? Under their own powers of course.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 12:46 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well, Nihilus and Vitiate can lifewipe planets and Sidious can destroy fleets.

Not sure about the One's being counted, but presumably they can do far greater than that.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 12:47 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Depends on what you define as busting. Assuming you're measuring this in terms of pure physical devastation, the Force Storms that Palpatine can conjure probably stand at the top. That being said, it's not like Palpatine could cause similar devastation with conventional powers... So even Star Wars characters that are stronger than him may not be able to produce equal devastation.

Palpatine's Force Storms, with time, could destroy the surface of an entire planet though. Other than that, the most impressive "busting" feat I can think of is Abeloth blowing up a city. (Presumably with TK)

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 01:04 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Wow NG nice underrating of Palps. His force storms were stated to be capable of consuming ALL of space.

Checkmate atheists. Where's your god now?

Last edited by Syndicate on Jul 15th, 2016 at 01:27 AM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 01:24 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Nowhere. That's the point.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 01:25 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Shagging Homura.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 01:26 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Unleashing the full power of his hatred, he conjures a Force Storm that threatens to consume all of space, including the New Republic fleet.
- The Comics Companion

thumb up

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 01:28 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Syndicate
Wow NG nice underrating of Palps. His force storms were stated to be capable of consuming ALL of space.

That may well be true. Palpatine wouldn't live long enough to see it happen, though.

quote:
Checkmate atheists. Where's your god now?

I feel like there's a joke here, and I don't get it.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 01:28 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

But ignoring that, the likes of Sidious can at least tear open the surface of a planet, and he speculated that some day he'd be able to literally planet bust. With his meditation sphere or whatever Naga Sadow could bust stars, but busting planetary surfaces is, barring the consuming space quote, the highest level of destruction we've seen (not that I'm saying anything original right now).

Without Force storms, drain, ritual, etc., I could imagine continent busting actually if it were a massive unleashing of power, given that Force users have torn apart capital ships capable of withstanding such firepower - although that might not translate into being able to generate that level of AoE.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 01:30 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Wait he really mused on doing that? Do you have the quote?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 01:33 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
I could imagine continent busting actually if it were a massive unleashing of power, given that Force users have torn apart capital ships capable of withstanding such firepower - although that might not translate into being able to generate that level of AoE.

Well, keep in mind that these ships can withstand that firepower only because they have equally advanced deflector shields. Shields that I doubt could keep out the Force--from there, it's just a hunk of metal.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 01:38 AM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by The Ellimist
But ignoring that, the likes of Sidious can at least tear open the surface of a planet, and he speculated that some day he'd be able to literally planet bust. With his meditation sphere or whatever Naga Sadow could bust stars, but busting planetary surfaces is, barring the consuming space quote, the highest level of destruction we've seen (not that I'm saying anything original right now).

Without Force storms, drain, ritual, etc., I could imagine continent busting actually if it were a massive unleashing of power, given that Force users have torn apart capital ships capable of withstanding such firepower - although that might not translate into being able to generate that level of AoE.

It probably can, since Dark Jedi Padawans can bust hundreds of homes by bringing down lighting from the sky. So there could be some pretty devastating AOE attacks on a much bigger scale.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 01:39 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

The Ones are universe busters. smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

NG: yeah that's true. I guess the largest fireballs generated without storms would be, I dunno, Galen's suicide blast maybe? Aside from Abeloth's destroying sinkhole station.

Synd: I remember someone claiming it was in one of Sidious's writings, but I don't have the quote/not completely sure if it exists

Darth Abonis

Abeloth destroyed an entire city on Kesh

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 03:14 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BazookaMaster

(please log in to view the image)

: p

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 05:32 PM
Click here to Send BazookaMaster a Private Message Find more posts by BazookaMaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Ones are universe busters. smile

thumb up

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 06:10 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

BazookaMaster knows his SW. thumb up

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 06:34 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by MythLord
thumb up

Ones vs IG smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 06:36 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote