KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Does Prince Xizor have intimate relations with Guri?

Does Prince Xizor have intimate relations with Guri?
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does Prince Xizor have intimate relations with Guri?

Does Xizor actually f*** his droid? In Shadow of the Empire Xizor told Guri that his affection for her would never be replaced [by Leia].

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 08:32 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

He did. He mentioned that Guri could perform actions like ordinary women and he had her several times

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 08:45 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

thumb up

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 09:01 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Might I ask for source Abonis? I've looked through all my sources, nothing says that. It's noted she has all the functions of a woman, but nothing about her being intimately involved with Xizor.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 09:10 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Only Zen would be asking for a source that says Xizor bangs robots.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 09:12 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Because no source I have on Xizor or Guri says such a thing and I have like 6+ sources.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 09:13 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

It was mentioned subtly in Shadows of the Empire if memory serves.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 09:15 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dang, I need to find out where I can pick up one of these human-replica droids. shifty

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 11:56 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

If you're referring to this quote.

quote:
Guri was silent.

"Go ahead, speak your mind."

"You are attracted to this woman in a romantic way."

"So?"

"Such attractions have been known to cloud the minds of otherwise rational beings."

He laughed, something he did all too seldom these days. Nobody but Guri would have the nerve to speak thus. Another of her endearing traits. "Do not fear, my dear Guri. She could never replace you in my affections."

Guri did not speak. He didn't think that thought had crossed her mind. She was immune to jealousy as far as he'd been able to determine. Guri would stand by and hold the clothes of his mistress while Xizor had his way with her, apparently unaffected by what she saw. "Princess Leia will surely be useful in locating Skywalker, one way or another. After that, then you can dispose of her."

Guri nodded once.

- Taken from SOTE

That doesn't really mean much, affection by definition means

- A gentle feeling of fondess or liking

In at no way does it imply anything romantic or intimate.

Xizor dumped 9 million credits into Guri, I think he'd be very fond of his personal bodyguard and assassin who helps him run the Black Sun.

This is even moreso that in no source...at all suggests the two had anything intimate with one another, there would be at least 1 source that I have on either of them would mention this and I have pretty much all the sources of them...yet nothing.

So no, Xizor didn't have intimate relations with Guri.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 01:57 AM
Syndicate

Affections can often refer to a sexual relationship.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 02:18 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's the quote.
But if Xizor is already a player, why wouldn't he hit it with Guri?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 02:20 AM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Syndicate
Affections can often refer to a sexual relationship.

It doesn't have to however.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 02:21 AM
Syndicate

True but personally I think that's what the text is trying to imply.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 02:24 AM
Zenwolf

Considering that no source even hints that they were in anything intimate, I have to say no. Can't just say the text implies something, when sources make 0 mention of it and trying to hinge on one word which can mean something other than intimacy. They are usually good at detailing characters and the like.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 02:26 AM
Syndicate

Given the text is referencing that it's likely Guri wouldn't be jealous if she was forced to hold the robe of one of his mistresses or if he were to seduce Leia I believe that gives it enough context to support my interpretation.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 02:35 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Xizor had sexual relations with Guri. thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 02:37 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Syndicate
Given the text is referencing that it's likely Guri wouldn't be jealous if she was forced to hold the robe of one of his mistresses or if he were to seduce Leia I believe that gives it enough context to support my interpretation.

Who said the jealousy was anything having to do with intimacy? Someone can be jealous of someone else and it having 0 to do with intimate relations.

But alright, have your interpretation, I still think No however, given there's nothing else noted anywhere.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 02:39 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Xizor had sexual relations with Guri. thumb up

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 02:40 AM
Jmanghan

To be fair, that robot is pretty hot.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 02:43 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Jmanghan
To be fair, that robot is pretty hot.

To be fair, there's nothing to suggest they had any intimate relations. I think other sources, saying 0 anything about it swings more to it being not, than 1 singular novel quote where the word affection can be defined as different meanings as can jealousy.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 02:47 AM