KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Oh my god...

Oh my god...
Started by: UCanShootMyNova

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UCanShootMyNova

Oh my god...

Old Post Sep 17th, 2016 03:21 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

All in favor of Evan killing himself, say aye.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2016 03:24 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

He rivals Quanchi in term of ridiculousness.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Sep 17th, 2016 03:54 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Speechless.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2016 04:02 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by |King Joker|
All in favor of Evan killing himself, say aye.

Nay. He is lost and needs our guidance and counseling. Telling people to kill themselves is quite rude and illegal.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2016 04:05 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

He is too far gone...

Old Post Sep 17th, 2016 04:06 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

How are they still a thing?

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2016 04:48 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jensaarai cops a lot on here but Evan is way worse. Every single video of his is cancer, and I might be bold in saying this but once in a while Jen puts out a genuinely good video (Exar Kun vs Darth Vader)

Old Post Sep 17th, 2016 04:59 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Why should I care?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2016 05:02 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Christ. You could've picked anyone, and you chose fcking Violet ^

Old Post Sep 17th, 2016 05:04 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by Kurk
Nay. He is lost and needs our guidance and counseling. Telling people to kill themselves is quite rude and illegal.
kys

Old Post Sep 17th, 2016 05:14 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

I can't see the video, lol.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2016 06:11 AM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

It gets less surprising every time. By now, it's actually more surprising that it's still eliciting these sorts of responses from you guys.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2016 09:15 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do they not account for speed? Plagueis could honestly speedblitz Kenobi at least 8 times out of 10 and force rape him the other two.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2016 09:30 AM
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

The video has its merits.

quote:
If Plagueis entered into this confrontation with fore-knowledge of Obi Wan's capabilities and limitations, he would almost certainly just rag-doll Kenobi with telekinesis first thing, and not even bother with lightsaber combat. But if dropped in cold, he would probably approach him the same way he approached Venamis.

This isn't even too far off how KMC's finest and brightest would judge said match - i will be bringing screen-shots to embarrass certain people. But nevertheless, it's always funny to watch the triggering of feels happening first hand.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2016 09:41 AM
Click here to Send Ziggystardust a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggystardust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by SunRazer
It gets less surprising every time. By now, it's actually more surprising that it's still eliciting these sorts of responses from you guys.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2016 09:44 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

The only one that lasts is a saber duel, Plagueis beats Kenobi soundly tho 10/10.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 17th, 2016 10:27 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I think the problem with them is, they don't rely on feats and accolades very much, and more on their displays in battle.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 17th, 2016 10:29 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Christ. You could've picked anyone, and you chose fcking Violet ^
I mean Deronn does come off as being clinically depressed...

Old Post Sep 17th, 2016 11:11 AM
chilled monkey

"Sigh."

Once again I am truly baffled by the complete lack of imagination and common sense so many on this board display.

Let me explain it to you; an actual fight in an actual story is NEVER as simple as "this guy is more skilled/powerful so he wins." You need to look at the little nuances and technicalities, the personalities and mind-sets of the combatants. That's how you write a good story. That's how you come up with ways for your protagonists to win against "superior" foes that still feel like a sensible outcome.

For example in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," in the episode "Fool for Love" Buffy is nearly killed by a run of the mill vampire because she was cocky and careless. Had she gone right for the kill she'd have won easily, but she did not.

Likewise, in "Princess Resurrection" Liza Wildman is able to defeat an immortal werewolf more physically powerful than her in part because he underestimated her and didn't take the fight seriously.

In this example, Jen flat-out admitted that if Plagueis knew in advance what Kenobi can do he'd just flatten him with the Force. But he DOESN'T know in advance and so won't do that because overt displays of power are not his usual M.O. Unless he gets desperate (like with those assassins), he usually goes for a more reserved approach and is generally reactive in his tactics. Just because he CAN blast Kenobi into mincemeat doesn't mean he will.

Also, unlike Venamis, Kenobi doesn't normally go for an all-out offensive. He'd put himself on the defensive. That means Plagueis won't feel the need to go all-out. This would allow Kenobi to lull him into a false sense of security and then cut him down as soon as he gets an opening.

Seriously, people need to learn to appreciate the subtleties that make these videos so much fun to watch, and the analyses that are incredibly helpful when considering how to construct fight scenes for your fan-fictions.

Also I notice no-one gives Jen or Even credit for giving a far more positive review of Plagueis's prowess as a fighter.

Cue the hate and mockery. If it's not too difficult please try to actually pay attention to my points while you're at it.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2016 11:20 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote