KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Could Mara Jade replicate Ven Zallow's feat against Malgus?

Could Mara Jade replicate Ven Zallow's feat against Malgus?
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Could Mara Jade replicate Ven Zallow's feat against Malgus?

Mara replaces Zallow as the Jedi temple defender in the Sacking of Coruscant. Same circumstances as Zallow had i,e she's already clowned all of the Sith, and Malgus has noticed her as the most powerful Jedi on the field.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 20th, 2016 08:00 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

No, because she wouldn't die.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Sep 20th, 2016 08:02 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cs_zoltan

Old Post Sep 20th, 2016 08:03 AM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Old Post Sep 20th, 2016 03:15 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, she would get stomped

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Sep 20th, 2016 03:22 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

I don't think that Mara Jade can cope with Darth Malgus's ferocity and raw power out in the open.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2016 03:59 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 21st, 2016 04:16 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2016 05:05 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
I don't think that Mara Jade can cope with Darth Malgus's ferocity and raw power out in the open.

Legend. Nobody among the PT crowd appreciates Malgus more then me. But if Mara is able to deal with Caedus even taking into account her prep she should be capable of dealing with Malgus.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2016 05:40 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Legend. Nobody among the PT crowd appreciates Malgus more then me. But if Mara is able to deal with Caedus even taking into account her prep she should be capable of dealing with Malgus.

Mara Jade lured Darth Caedus into a setting of her choice (i.e. a large cave) and managed to compromise his well-being during the early phase of her confrontation (i.e. burying him beneath debris). She still failed.

Darth Malgus can take lot of punishment and utterly dominate Mara Jade. He has dominated foes with superior showings then her.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2016 05:50 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

As I'm sure you're aware Caedus is also a physical tank who has often drawn power from his injuries. Location of her choosing or not she still kept up with him and if Caedus didn't dominate her Malgus sure as heck won't be doing so.

I'd like to hear about these other opponents Malgus has dominated with better feats. And please provide examples aside from the choking mechanic in the False Emperor fight as I can already tell that that will be a point of contention.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2016 05:58 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Looking forward to your response in the morning. Night Legend.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2016 06:01 AM
S_W_LeGenD

As I'm sure you're aware Caedus is also a physical tank who has often drawn power from his injuries. Location of her choosing or not she still kept up with him and if Caedus didn't dominate her Malgus sure as heck won't be doing so.

In that battle, Darth Caedus was far from his A-game.

I'd like to hear about these other opponents Malgus has dominated with better feats. And please provide examples aside from the choking mechanic in the False Emperor fight as I can already tell that that will be a point of contention.

Sure.

Aryn Leener: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profi...-thread/102062/

Satele Shan: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profi...-thread/103104/

Do also keep in mind that Ven Zallow and Kao Cen Darach were extraordinarily skilled with a Lightsaber.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2016 06:07 AM
UCanShootMyNova

What superior showings do Aryn Leneer and Satele Shan have? No need to link their RT's. I'm aware of their capabilities.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2016 01:44 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Go Syn!

Old Post Sep 21st, 2016 01:46 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

What superior showings do Aryn Leneer and Satele Shan have? No need to link their RT's. I'm aware of their capabilities.

You explain to me how Mara Jade is better than them. I do not have time for lengthy explanations.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 04:51 AM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Beating Corran Horn, while poisoned.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 04:57 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Caedus is a superior to prime Vader. Vader was capable of simultaneously dueling 4 Jedi at once and facing dozens of Jedi and surviving long enough against them for reinforcements to arrive. Both of these feats occur before his prime. While Hope Satele blitzing Sith warriors is impressive I don't think it trumps Mara's ability to duel as a near equal with Caedus ( even taking into account the circumstances involved ) given the prior scaling I just provided. As for Aryn her best feats are being scaled off of Malgus and you can probably see why it's pointless to attempt to scale Malgus off a character who's best feat is their performance against him.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 04:57 AM
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Is everyone forgetting that Mara was a former fully trained Emperor's Hand aka Assassin? She would be more than a match for Malgus in close quarter combat not to mention personally trained by Luke in lightsaber combat and became one of the most powerful NJO Jedi Masters.

*Malgus never had to fight against a species that was hell bent on killing all Force users and nearly succeeded.

War Doctor

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 09:43 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote