KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Revan and the Unbalancing of the Galaxy Feat

Revan and the Unbalancing of the Galaxy Feat
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Revan and the Unbalancing of the Galaxy Feat

Revan's unbalancing of the Force, accomplished by her sheer presence, is a comparable, if not outright superior feat, to Darth Plagueis and Palpatine's unbalancing.

- The Force was "roiled and convulsed" like never before with Revan's reintroduction to the galaxy:

quote:
Source: Spindrall, a Sith prophet who accurately foresaw the battle of Yavin IV, the resurrection of Vitiate, the death of Jensyn, and the rise of Darth Nox.

"The Force roils and convulses like never before. I reached out to study its peculiar activity, and in turn it showed me what is to come."

- The Force was disturbed to an extent that Lana Beniko remarked that it was felt "nowhere and everywhere:"

quote:
Source: Lana Beniko, a Sith famous for her sense abilities, which was capable of finding the world of Odessen

"There's something in the Force that I've never felt before. It exists nowhere and everywhere at once. Writhing, growing."

- Unlike instances such as the resurrection of Darth Maul, the disturbance only grew in time, thus constituting it as an unbalancing:

quote:
Source: The Emperor's Hand, the Sith Emperor's foremost loyal servants

"The Force moves through the Emperor's Hand in a manner that few others experience. For us, the Force is an intricate tapestry woven into our very essence. That tapestry has become flawed. I speak of a persistent disturbance. A cyst, dense and tangled and unpleasant. It began small and nearly imperceptible but has been growing ever larger... the source of this basal disturbance is of the gravest concern to us..."

- The idea was entertained that the Force was affected to the extent that it was impacting the thinking of others:

quote:
Lana Beniko, a Sith famous for her sense abilities, which was capable of finding the world of Odessen

"If I'm wrong, it means my instincts are now deeply flawed. Considering the strange disturbance I sense that continues to pervade the Force, I worry that these concerns are merely the figments of a deranged mind."

As established above, many individuals felt this presence. Only the protagonist was unable to sense it. While many would argue that, since the protagonist did not sense the disturbance, that it must have been weak, this is a flawed argument. The protagonist is an individual far more powerful and attuned that some of the character's who sensed the disturbance. Thus, an alternative argument would be that, frankly, the Force itself was protecting the protagonist from the disturbance. This argument is supported by the fact that the protagonist had a Force vision of Revan's plans, allowing Revan to actually be caught and his plans to be destroyed. Likewise, the ship of the protagonist mysteriously glitched and changed its coordinates to Rishi. These cannot be dismissed as mere coincidence. As established in A New Hope, the concept of "luck" in Star Wars is replaced by that of the Force.

To summarize:

- Revan's presence in the Force unbalanced it like it never had been before.

- The disturbance was a constant, growing threat, not a wound in the Force or such.

- Many individuals made note of this, with some fearing it was affecting their mind.

- The Force took action against Revan, guiding the protagonist to confront Revan in battle.

---

In comparison, the below are facts concerning the unbalancing of Palpatine and Darth Plagueis:

- It was accomplished after "months of intense meditation."

- For the "first several months," little progress was seen.

- No "counterforce" had risen against them during that time.

- They were completely united as a single, incorporeal entity.

- The end result of the war was the creation of Anakin Skywalker.

- A rift in the Force was already established by Darth Tenebrous' master.

While the feats, ignoring all circumstances, is likely more impressive for Darth Tenebrous and Darth Plagueis, since it yielded the creation of the Chosen One itself, note that Revan never even attempted to wage war against the Force, nor did he mediate for months straight. His mere presence was enough to not only affect the Force on a galaxy-wide scale, but likewise force the Force to initiate a "counterforce" to the disturbance, similar to how the Chosen One was created. The notion that Revan, in months of deep meditation and specifically aiming to war with the Force, couldn't replicate the results of these two when he's already doing it without realizing it, is absurd.

Thus, the following two options are presented to the community:

- Recognition that the feat is significantly less impressive than you act like, or

- Recognition that Revan is vastly more powerful than you give him credit for.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Nov 2nd, 2016 at 08:41 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 08:37 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 08:39 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

thumb up

Regardless of direction this takes, popcorn all around

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 08:40 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Honestly I'd forgotten that the protags ship was guided to Rishii, seemingly by the Force itself, which certainly does strike me as impressive, unprecedented even, if true.

This certainly is an impressive display of power, given, as you say, that Revan wasn't even intentionally doing all of this.

Revan's parity with the likes of Sheev and Lumpyhead is becoming more apparent by the day. thumb up

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 08:41 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Now that that's out of the way let's get to dismantling this.

Context for the first quote and its relation to Revan please.

Beniko notes that the thing she's feeling in the Force "exists everywhere and nowhere." Not the Force itself.

The third quote notes that the disturbance is growing larger not that an imbalance is occurring.

"- Revan's presence in the Force unbalanced it like it never had been before"

Since nowhere do the quotes you provide prove an unbalancing we can only say that his presence affected the Force in a manner it had never been effected before. And that's only if you provide the context that it was reffering to Revan.

"- Many individuals made note of this, with some fearing it was affecting their mind"

Beniko feared that if she was wrong about what she was sensing that it could be a symtom of an unwell mind. Not that Revan's presence would affect her mind.

"- The Force took action against Revan, guiding the protagonist to confront Revan in battle"

Nowhere is this indicated. Sidious was still able to have visions of the future despite his actions causing a disturbance or inbalance in the Force. Just because the protagonist had a vision of Revan doesn't mean it was the will of the Force for said vision to have occured. Not in the manner you're implying.

The rest doesn't need to be addressed until you can prove that Revan's presence caused an imbalance that the Force itself responded to.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Nov 2nd, 2016 at 08:53 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 08:50 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Will be gone for the rest of the day. Will be interested to see if you actually answered a single one of my questions directly when I return.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 08:52 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

You sure he won't do it via the proxy of Hahr?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 08:53 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

He might. I don't rule out any contingency in regards to Ant's depravity. smile

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 08:54 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Now that that's out of the way let's get to dismantling this.

Context for the first quote and its relation to Revan please.

It's by Spindrall, remarking how he feels about the Force. He then states that they'll confront Revan on Yavin IV, but will fail to stop Revan's plans.

The relation to Revan is established in the Rakata Prime flashpoint, in which the disturbance felt is stated to be Revan.

quote:
Beniko notes that the thing she's feeling in the Force "exists everywhere and nowhere." Not the Force itself.

Uh, yeah, that's what I said. "It" (in reference to my original post) being Revan's disturbance.

quote:
Since nowhere do the quotes you provide prove an unbalancing we can only say that his presence affected the Force in a manner it had never been effected before. And that's only if you provide the context that it was reffering to Revan.

A disturbance in the Force that stretches across the galaxy, is maintained over the course of several months, and affects the tapestry of the Force itself, is an unbalancing, lol.

The entire concept of a disturbance of the Force is a temporarily unbalancing of the Force, generally in a specific area, but can sometimes briefly extend across the galaxy (ex. the destruction of Alderaan).

quote:
Beniko feared that if she was wrong about what she was sensing that it could be a symtom of an unwell mind. Not that Revan's presence would affect her mind.

No, she feared that the disturbance of the Force (i.e. Revan) may be why she's unwell and not thinking straight.

quote:
Nowhere is this indicated.

You never even played the game. Why are you telling me what's indicated and not indicated? Again:

quote:
Thus, an alternative argument would be that, frankly, the Force itself was protecting the protagonist from the disturbance. This argument is supported by the fact that the protagonist had a Force vision of Revan's plans, allowing Revan to actually be caught and his plans to be destroyed. Likewise, the ship of the protagonist mysteriously glitched and changed its coordinates to Rishi. These cannot be dismissed as mere coincidence. As established in A New Hope, the concept of "luck" in Star Wars is replaced by that of the Force.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 08:55 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Re: Revan and the Unbalancing of the Galaxy Feat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
- Unlike instances such as the resurrection of Darth Maul, the disturbance only grew in time, thus constituting it as an unbalancing:

erm

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 08:56 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Following Darth Maul's ritual by Mother Talzin, I recall a disturbance in the Force that rippled across the galaxy, and then it receded, like the Alderaan destruction.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 08:59 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

I'm genuinely curious as to whether or not Ant actually believes half of the arguments he makes these days.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 09:01 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Nephthys
Honestly I'd forgotten that the protags ship was guided to Rishii, seemingly by the Force itself, which certainly does strike me as impressive, unprecedented even, if true.

This certainly is an impressive display of power, given, as you say, that Revan wasn't even intentionally doing all of this.

Revan's parity with the likes of Sheev and Lumpyhead is becoming more apparent by the day. thumb up

thumb up

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 09:01 PM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Originally posted by NewGuy01
I'm genuinely curious as to whether or not Ant actually believes half of the arguments he makes these days.

Would be pretty pathetic to push shit he doesn't advocate *shrugs*

I'm just patiently waiting to watch this go up in flames in either direction tbh

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 09:03 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Given The Ellimist can't respond to this before addressing my debate with him on the other sub-forum, the only legitimate opposition is Beni.

(please log in to view the image)

There's no legitimate opposition. thumb up

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 09:04 PM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Kiddo

There's no sell by date on rebuttals :maybe

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 09:07 PM
GM Yoda

Impressive.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 09:07 PM
Click here to Send GM Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by GM Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Given The Ellimist can't respond to this before addressing my debate with him on the other sub-forum, the only legitimate opposition is Beni.

There's no legitimate opposition. thumb up

Who knows, maybe Temp will do something. wink

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 09:09 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Nephthys
Who knows, maybe Temp will do something. wink

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 09:13 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Classic.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 09:16 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote