KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » I hate KOTFE for what they did to the nature of The Force

I hate KOTFE for what they did to the nature of The Force
Started by: Freedon Nadd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Freedon Nadd

I hate KOTFE for what they did to the nature of The Force

quote:
"On Odessen, light and dark exist in perfect balance, forming a nexus in the Force."
―Satele Shan

I am so pissed for what they did to the Force. Numerous times we were explained that darksiders are those who twist The Force and cause imbalances.

quote:
"But beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, agression...the dark side of the Force are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you, it will."
―Yoda

quote:
"Evil began in a time before recorded history, when magicians made themselves into kings…and gods…using the powers of the dark side of the Force. The weak-minded have ever been ready to obey one who wields great power. Those who learned the powers of the dark side were quick to exploit this weakness—to make war. Again and again the dark side has surged forth, like a storm…devouring whole worlds and entire star systems. Those who mastered dark power became dark power. They unleashed destruction, for no other reason than for selfish gain. They despoiled nations…destroyed whole civilizations. Some of them, I am ashamed to say, were Jedi."
―Ood Bnar

quote:
"Will I eventually be physically transformed?"
"Into some aged, pale-skinned, raspy-voiced, yellow-eyed monster, you mean. Such as the one you see before you. Surely you are acquainted with the lore: King Ommin of Onderon, Darths Sion and Nihilus. But whether it will happen to you, I can't say. Know this, though, Sidious, that the power of the dark side does not debilitate the practitioner so much as it debilitates those who lack it. The power of the dark side is an illness no true Sith would ever wish to be cured of."
―Darths Sidious and Plagueis

quote:
"Like you, he believed the dark side could be conquered from within. Such was not to be. The dark side seduced him utterly…and anger became his path!"
―Odan-Urr, warning Ulic Qel-Droma

Saying that Light and Dark exist in perfect balance it's like saying that 1=0

The only way for me to interpret it is that this so-called "balance" was used as a term to explain that both energies permeate this planet. And not necessarily that it was a harmony among the both sides.

Now, I understand Drew Karpyshyn. When he talks about light and dark sides; he isn't only talking about them as being physical but also when it comes about morality.

I understand that these writers wanted something new. But c'mon: the Jedi are those who are in the service of The Force. They never twist it to their own whims. I mean that's why Anakin was born - because Sidious and Plagueis caused a Super Disturbance in The Force by using the Dark Side.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2018 01:50 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

i'm really surprised cuz this is a good thread

this shit is retarded, i really dislike swtor for this dumb pissing on force lore

Old Post Sep 27th, 2018 02:07 PM
Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Agreed.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2018 02:29 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

tbf lots of EU writers did this

Old Post Sep 27th, 2018 04:05 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Horror

Light and Darkness don't equal good and evil.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2018 06:29 PM
Click here to Send Darth Horror a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Horror Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by gold slorg
i'm really surprised cuz this is a good thread

this shit is retarded, i really dislike swtor for this dumb pissing on force lore

You can blame Drew and his Taoism beliefs.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2018 10:25 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by The Ellimist
tbf lots of EU writers did this

Who? Except Drew Karpyshy.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2018 10:25 PM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Darth Horror
Light and Darkness don't equal good and evil.

Not at first. Also, darkness is merely the absence of light. Light can be measured and quantified, darkness can't.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2018 10:26 PM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Yin Yang bruh.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 03:54 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Yin Yang bruh.

Yin Yang has nothing to do with morality and mystical forces.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 09:55 PM