KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars: Shadow of the Sith

Star Wars: Shadow of the Sith
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Star Wars: Shadow of the Sith

Disney is still trying to play damage control with the ST...

(please log in to view the image)
quote:
Luke Skywalker and Lando Calrissian return in this essential novel set between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.

The Empire is dead. Nearly two decades on from the Battle of Endor, the tattered remnants of Palpatine's forces have fled to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. But for the heroes of the New Republic, danger and loss are ever-present companions, even in this newly forged era of peace.

Jedi Master Luke Skywalker is haunted by visions of the dark side, foretelling an ominous secret growing somewhere in the depths of space, on a dead world called Exegol. The disturbance in the Force is undeniable...and Luke's worst fears are confirmed when his old friend, Lando Calrissian, comes to him with reports of a new Sith menace.

After his daughter was stolen from his arms, Lando searched the stars for any trace of his lost child. But every new rumor only led to dead ends and fading hopes, until he crossed paths with Ochi of Bestoon, a Sith assassin tasked with kidnapping a young girl.

Ochi's true motives remain shrouded to Luke and Lando. For on a junkyard moon, a mysterious envoy of the Sith Eternal has bequeathed a sacred blade to the assassin, promising that it will give him answers to the questions that have haunted him since the Empire fell. In exchange, he must complete a final mission: return to Exegol with the key to the Sith's glorious rebirth--the granddaughter of Darth Sidious himself, Rey.

As Ochi hunts Rey and her parents to the edge of the galaxy, Luke and Lando race into the mystery of the Sith's lingering shadow and aid a young family running for their lives.

-Slated for release June 28th, 2022.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 28th, 2022 at 01:28 PM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2021 01:07 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Of course they are, that’s kinda their main focus right now. Why do you think all the Disney plus shows they’re releasing take place between ROTJ and TFA? They’re filling in that gap, giving us more information so that we’ll look at the ST in a new light.
I’ve heard rumors that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Mara Jade is going to be introduced in the next season of the Mandalorian, and that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: eventually Ben Solo will end up killing her which would better explain Luke’s self imposed exile in TLJ.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2021 02:57 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

I'm just curious if Grogu will be mentioned in this?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2021 06:11 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

IF Grogu is referenced in this novel at all, I expect it to be in a fully ambiguous context.

This story is supposed to be set ~20 years after RotJ. Revealing too much about Grogu would risk preemptively spoiling whatever Disney has planned for him in the future(namely on the live action side of things)... Which is something I doubt they'll do.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2021 08:05 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Sounds like Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. LMAO

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Mar 21st, 2022 06:58 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Might explain how Leia figured who Rey was.

Just rewatched all the cut scenes for Force Unleashed. Really wish that was still canon. But still glad Filoni didnt get to do his thing of making Starkiller an Inquisitor.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2022 08:52 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
IF Grogu is referenced in this novel at all, I expect it to be in a fully ambiguous context.

This story is supposed to be set ~20 years after RotJ. Revealing too much about Grogu would risk preemptively spoiling whatever Disney has planned for him in the future(namely on the live action side of things)... Which is something I doubt they'll do.
Well, we don't have to worry about the Grogu dynamic anymore. Heh.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2022 11:14 PM
Darth Thor

lol yeah. They couldnt keep him away from Mando for even one season

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2022 09:55 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The official cover:

An excerpt from the novel can be read here. In it, Luke has a sort of 'meta' battle with the nine wraiths guarding Exegol... And at the end, the Force Spirit of Anakin arrives to aid him.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2022 11:23 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

the nine wraiths

Old Post Mar 26th, 2022 07:13 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

The official cover:

An excerpt from the novel can be read here. In it, Luke has a sort of 'meta' battle with the nine wraiths guarding Exegol... And at the end, the Force Spirit of Anakin arrives to aid him.

Looks cool, who’s the guy with the red lightsaber supposed to be?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2022 12:57 AM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

New character. We don't know who they are yet.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2022 02:07 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Looks cool, who’s the guy with the red lightsaber supposed to be?
Like UA said, we don't know yet.

Could be one of the Exegol Wraiths described in the excerpt, or it could be an entirely different Acolyte.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2022 01:30 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

The official cover:

This is pretty cool.

So Luke was aware of the fact that he had become an immensely powerful Jedi, but also knew that he still had a lot of untapped potential.

The wraiths are interesting and seem quite unbeatable to any living being. I'm curious why they never appeared to anyone else who visited exegol?

According to this, Luke absolutely knew that exegol was real, so I'm curious why he never visited the planet himself? Kylo got there without a wayfinder, as did the thousands of Rebellion ships afterward.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2022 01:44 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Ill read any Luke centric canon material. This qualifies.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2022 03:13 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
The wraiths are interesting and seem quite unbeatable to any living being. I'm curious why they never appeared to anyone else who visited exegol?

According to this, Luke absolutely knew that exegol was real, so I'm curious why he never visited the planet himself? Kylo got there without a wayfinder, as did the thousands of Rebellion ships afterward.
It seems like the Wraiths may only exist on a metaphysical level. Luke couldn't sense them in the Force at all, and his attacks had no effect -- it took the spirit of Anakin himself to send them away. So perhaps discovering how to directly interact with that manner of entity is a new skill that Luke will learn in this novel, and could easily explain why the Wraiths weren't mentioned or encountered again during RoS. /shrug

Aside from that, Luke is the only living Jedi(that we yet know of) who visited Exegol in any capacity before the events of RoS. Granted, I'm still not sure if Luke himself was somehow 'ported there by his relics in a literal/physical sense(he did say that it was "real"), or if the whole scene was completely meta -- we'll have to wait until the novel drops to get more information on that side of things.

Yes, Luke knew that Exegol was a very real place. What he didn't know, however, is how to physically get there, which is where the Wayfinder comes in. That said, once you already know how to get to Exegol, the Wayfinder would no longer be required. That's how Kylo was able to get back to Exegol the second time -- he already knew its location, because he'd been there before. Likewise, all the other Resistance ships were led there by Rey. The Wayfinder is essentially just a map.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2022 07:36 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Shadow of the Sith, Shadow of Mordor... nine wraiths...

Looks like Adam is shamelessly copying someone else's homework stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 29th, 2022 08:31 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Anyone read this yet? Just got my copy

Old Post Jun 30th, 2022 12:25 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Re: Star Wars: Shadow of the Sith

Disney is still trying to play damage control with the ST...

-Slated for release June 28th, 2022.

Maybe they should take advantage of the "place beyond time and space" from rebels and just chuck the sequels into an alternate universe

Old Post Jul 1st, 2022 03:24 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Anyone read this yet? Just got my copy

Very nearly done with the audiobook. I'm enjoying it so far. I'm glad they brought back a certain antagonist that was severely underutilized after the Aftermath trilogy. Though they did change a few things about their story as we know it.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2022 06:09 PM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote