KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » What Star Wars game would you like to play?

What Star Wars game would you like to play?
Started by: Total Warrior

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

If you could choose, what Star Wars videogame would you like to be developed and play?

As far as I’m concerned, I’d like a strategy game similar to the Total War series, so with hundreds if not thousands of troops on screen. I remember there was a similar Star Wars game several years ago, but you couldn’t have such huge battles on screen.

Another SW game I’d like would be a sort of sci-Fi cities skyline. For those of you who don’t know cities skyline, it’s a game where you have to build and manage a city from zero. You choose an environment and then you build it the way you like. I’d like something similar, but set in the Star Wars universe. Then you could choose to have a city more similar to Coruscant, with towering skyscrapers and modern buildings, or something more similar to Theed, or both and so on. Alternatively, I’d also like a game where instead of managing a city, you get to run of those big corporations, similarly to the newly released Dune: Spice wars. So you get to own one of these corporations, and you get to choose how to expand it.

Finally, I’d like a SW game similar to the old TFU, but on a bigger scale thanks to the new technology. Like, I really loved Kal Kestis, but I’d like to control a Jedi who’s veeeery powerful, one that destroys everything on a much larger scale, like God of war 3 but with a Jedi instead of Kratos. My wet dream would of course having Vos as that Jedi.

Old Post May 4th, 2022 09:09 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Oh no, the title disappeared again. Could some mod add as a title “What Star Wars game would you like to play?” ?

Old Post May 4th, 2022 09:10 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

You're talking about Empire at War I think:

"Star Wars: Empire at War is a 2006 real-time strategy video game developed by Petroglyph Games and published by LucasArts. Set between Episode III and Episode IV, it focuses on the fledgling struggle between the Empire and the Rebels. It uses Petroglyph's game engine Alamo. In October 2006, an expansion titled Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption was released. On May 31, 2014, online functionality, including network multiplayer and wireless chat, was discontinued after Glu Mobile's purchase of GameSpy and the subsequent shutdown of all game servers. As of September 1, 2017, the multiplayer has been re-enabled on the Steam version as well as workshop support being added."

I'm sure mods can increase the amount of troops on screen.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 4th, 2022 02:00 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
You're talking about Empire at War I think:

"Star Wars: Empire at War is a 2006 real-time strategy video game developed by Petroglyph Games and published by LucasArts. Set between Episode III and Episode IV, it focuses on the fledgling struggle between the Empire and the Rebels. It uses Petroglyph's game engine Alamo. In October 2006, an expansion titled Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption was released. On May 31, 2014, online functionality, including network multiplayer and wireless chat, was discontinued after Glu Mobile's purchase of GameSpy and the subsequent shutdown of all game servers. As of September 1, 2017, the multiplayer has been re-enabled on the Steam version as well as workshop support being added."

I'm sure mods can increase the amount of troops on screen.
yeah, that one. I didn’t remember the title. What do you think about the other games I suggested? Would you like to play one?

Old Post May 4th, 2022 05:52 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

When I was a teenager I'd always wanted a Star Wars game with Kingdom Hearts 2 combat mechanics.

Now? Just give me a 1 for 1 remake (zero changes to dialogue, characterizations or quest plots) of KOTOR2 with modern graphics and all the cut content added in.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 13th, 2022 06:47 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote