KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Bond 21 Style, More Thrills

Bond 21 Style, More Thrills
Started by: lau_timmy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lau_timmy

Bond 21 Style, More Thrills

The producers should return to what James Bond is all about. Put 007 escaping a remote villain's lair, with no gizmos and toys, and relying only on his wits. Give the audience what they like in an action film. Realism, thrills, sex and enjoyment. Give the audiences some thrills and frights with harder edged stunt sequences. Look at "The Bourne Identity" and "The Bourne Supremacy" and of course "From Russia With Love", "On Her Majesty’s Secret Service" and "For Your Eyes Only", a more realistic spy movie. Bond goes back to battling the enemy with his wits and rather by the use of the gadgets. It would be great to see a never-ending action sequence, with realistic and dangerously suspenseful sequences. I’d rather see suspense and thrills " Imagine a Bond finale like FRWL or OHMSS, without huge sets, but only with a real thrilling 30 minute action sequence. Of course, without the high tech gadgetry and CGI, but visually breathtaking and REAL.

After Bond 21, the producers can go back making bigger Bond films. They can "top" Die Another Day (2002) (i.e. go even further down the sci-fi route).

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 01:32 AM
lau_timmy is currently offline Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, lau, rumor has it that they Broccolis are indeed thinking of cutting down on the hightech again and returning to the base of Bond: making it a SPY movie and not an action one.

Though, I, myself, don't believe much of it, considering that on the DaD DVD the writers have said that the current tactic is to look at what frightens people in the world and if it keeps them awake (TND: media taking over power, DaD: errrr....genetherapy ?), so I believe the chances of him fighting terrorism are very high. You also gotta take into account that DaD brought a lot of money to them, so they will not go and chance the formula I'm afraid

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 11:13 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lau_timmy

I just want to see Bond 21 going back to the roots of the series. "From Russia With Love" style , is without a doubt terrific news. A solid spy thriller with good and strong characters is what the series and the fans need!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 12:59 PM
lau_timmy is currently offline Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

me too, FRWL was a great spy movie and nothing to do with the horrible CGI crap you had in DaD messed

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 01:08 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

i don't understand sad

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 04:05 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

that the plea is to go back to the classic bond instead of the flashy cgi crap

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 04:57 PM
Clovie

oh.. that would be great happy

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 04:59 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I agree thumb up

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 05:01 PM
Clovie

with me?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 05:06 PM
yerssot

that or the leprachaun on your schoulder

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 05:08 PM
Clovie

since i don't know what lepachaun is....

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 05:11 PM
yerssot

so I was agreeing with you stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 05:12 PM
Kaleanae

It would be more like MacGyver and less Bond? messed

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 05:19 PM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

how nice happy that doesn't happen to often sad

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 05:20 PM
yerssot

he has to make something too? stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 05:24 PM
Clovie

who? confused MacGyver?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 05:26 PM
yerssot

no, Bond

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 05:27 PM
Kaleanae

It was a man in a TV series of the same name, he used to do something of whatever he found - - like a bomb from a clock - - stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 05:27 PM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

don't thank me, thank the moon's gravity no expression

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 05:28 PM
Clovie

i know him, but i don't follow

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 05:33 PM