KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » DBZ budokai

DBZ budokai
Started by: Blissbo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blissbo
Senior Geek

DBZ Budokai

I beat this game inside and out and I am still addicted to it. Just wanted to see if anyone else has this game and what they think of it.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 06:23 PM
Blissbo is currently offline Click here to Send Blissbo a Private Message Find more posts by Blissbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
worldindustries

My friend has it and it's fun I like doing there special moves.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 02:33 PM
worldindustries is currently offline Click here to Send worldindustries a Private Message Find more posts by worldindustries Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blissbo
Senior Geek

The two player battle mode is kinda lacking. The story mode rocks though

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 04:56 PM
Blissbo is currently offline Click here to Send Blissbo a Private Message Find more posts by Blissbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Max Power

I love the story mode and so far I am undefeated. Love the game.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 05:22 PM
Max Power is currently offline Click here to Send Max Power a Private Message Find more posts by Max Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

Bliss you have to be the best at that game. It was real big for like a week or so around here then it died out. It's actually a really good game for one player but it's not to challenging. If everyone is like everyone around here then you could probably beat anybody, because nobobdy plays it. I can't wait untill Budukai 2 with the cell shading and fusing that will be fun especially for a DBZ fan like my self.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 11:35 PM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

One of the WORST fighting games ever, but since i'm a DBZ fan I love it!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 12:31 AM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srandle317

thinggs DBZ budokai 3 needs to have to make it more in dept and realistic.

give me your opinions like new powers,better powering up. OR maybe even a little bloodshed.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2003 06:29 PM
srandle317 is currently offline Click here to Send srandle317 a Private Message Find more posts by srandle317 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

what about... NOT being released?

that thing can never be realistic... i hate the series (DB anything) but a friend of mine bought the game and gave it to me.. the only thing i enjoy was playing with Hercules

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Nov 30th, 2003 11:09 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

the whole game engine needs help.... if you have quake 3 arena and want some dbz like fun. head on over to www.bidforpower.com you can even download the dragonball z models at www.planetquake.com . For one, theres never any good beam battle engine in the console dbz games, you never do them by yourself. DBZ is all about power struggles and fast fighting. Those require complex programming that the programmers today are either incapable of (or dont care to be capable) doing these days. Wait til they make a real dragonballz game. These current games are so undeserving of the name its unreal.

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 03:36 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blacksheet

to make it better have it like finalbout flying and when you throw energys it makes holes in the ground just little energys and if you doge big energys it destorys the planet then you go to another and when you transform the planet your on shakes the energy flying around and bigger combos and more finishing moves but make it like a new mode and more lifeso they could last longer.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 03:45 PM
blacksheet is currently offline Click here to Send blacksheet a Private Message Find more posts by blacksheet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lets just be thankful you dont make games, lol

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 05:35 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

very thankful

How about they every n all fighters in the DBZ universe. all the ginue (sp?) everyone, even master roshi.

Oh yeah, i only have Gamecube so i've only played Bodoukai 1, but i have seen a lot of #2

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 06:39 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

The only other way I see DBZ becoming a successful gaming experience is if they turn it into an MMoRPG. This way people have real use for scouters, they can search for dragonballs, fight over territory, hone thier techniques. Teleportation would be hard in combat though, you'd probably have to hotkey it to teleport a certain distance or perhaps a radius from/near your target. Team beam battles would be awesome as well. It would really have to be a living world for you to get the fullest experience. Multiple planets and everything. MMoRPG is the only way I see that happening, and unfortunately DBZ isnt so successful as to spend that much cash on developing it as such.

budoukai 2 isnt worth the 99 cents to buy a tissue paper to wipe your eyes from crying after you figured out you spend 50 dollars on the same crap in a different wrapper. Thats just my opinion though. They'd better give the game a complete re-work if they ever decide to make part 3.. hopefully they'll think about 4 player support or something similar. www.gamespot.com is fairly honest about thier reviews

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 06:52 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Vegeta model from Bid For Power

Attachment: vegeta.jpg
This has been downloaded 141 time(s).

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 06:58 PM
S_D_J
Bane

did someone buy Budokai 2?

my friend (who by the way doesn't have a 128 bit console) bought the game (DB B1) and i let him play in my PS2, he finish the game in a day, and kept telling me the 2 one will pick up where the other one left. poor pathetic fool.

who waste 50 bucks that way?

satsujin> i agree with you, a MMoRPG will be better, but i still hate the series

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 02:05 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

Bethesda should buy the series and turn it into a Morrowind type game. That would be perfect. The first thing they should do is get rid of the Fighting Game engine all together. DBZ is much more than that.

I thought BidforPower was forced to not use the DBZ skins and to change the name for that matter. That's the last thing I read which was like 3 years ago.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 05:39 AM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

well thats true to an extent, but they released the skins seperately for anyone who chooses to download them as extra. Which takes away any legality issues since people have to want to look for them.. which is simple cuz you can get them in the models section from planetquake
not to mention there are fanmade skins such as SSJ3 goku, ssj4 gogeta etc. They also have english models/ japanese models where they speak the respective languages.

I dont like budoukais whole.. tap, tap, tap, energy button garbage. Its like a crappier version of virtua fighter. Theres also no point for it to be 3d because there are no three-dimensional attacks/ dodge-moves/ or just plain roaming. You cant fly freely around, hell you can barely jump on your own lol. It just needs a whole re-work from the ground up. The control scheme is far too simple and childish. Only people 14 years of age and under will truely like budoukai. If you're any older than that, you just let atari make a jackass out of you stick out tongue

Attachment: dbzb2.jpg
This has been downloaded 132 time(s).

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 08:45 PM
blacksheet

do some of this

ok if your trying to make it more real just make the flying thing better cause in the show they dont stay fitting on yhe ground most of the time and change the story to like a video clip like budokai1 but keep the graphics. more characters and harder more levels and plants bigger energys more fusions and more cloths and a longer game mode and power ups like the show be able to fight under water over lava in space.and put the movie characters in it and modes that would be worth the money and some more.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 10:13 PM
blacksheet is currently offline Click here to Send blacksheet a Private Message Find more posts by blacksheet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

i think the dialogue needs to be a bit better. I dont know about budokai 2 but in budokai 1 some of the things people said was just utter crap. Like when Vegeta called the children of cell a bunch of "aunt sallys" wtf?! huh

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 08:37 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
megadbz9635

Miffed

i think u guys should stay of the gay game like super mario thats so old its gay.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 01:25 AM
megadbz9635 is currently offline Click here to Send megadbz9635 a Private Message Find more posts by megadbz9635 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote