KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Metal Gear Solid:Snake Eater

Metal Gear Solid:Snake Eater
Started by: Jason420

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jason420
My dad is younger than me

Metal Gear Solid:Snake Eater

I think its gona be sweet you have to hunt for food to stay alive and you have camouflage and you can climb trees and you can hide in logs its gonna be sweet!!!!! Happy Dance

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 01:47 AM
Jason420 is currently offline Click here to Send Jason420 a Private Message Find more posts by Jason420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

Have you seen the trailor that's out for it? It looks awesome. I just can't wait to see what conspiracies awiat for Snake this time. Everytime I'm blown away by the story and plot twists. What will they be this time I wonder...... Oh yeah Happy Dance too

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 02:37 AM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
movie_freak

I can't wait for this game...It looks mad...
Hope it releases soon

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 05:43 AM
movie_freak is currently offline Click here to Send movie_freak a Private Message Find more posts by movie_freak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batmanrules

i just hope theres no gay raiden crap in it

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 06:15 AM
batmanrules is currently offline Click here to Send batmanrules a Private Message Find more posts by batmanrules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

this game is gonna be so homo-erotic.... eating snakes? rofl

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 07:04 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jason420

satsujin u have negative things to say about everything Metal gear looks sweet as hell WHAT! WHAT! WHAT! Happy Dance

I was born 8 and 1/2 months premature

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 10:09 PM
Jason420 is currently offline Click here to Send Jason420 a Private Message Find more posts by Jason420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Its not negative, Im hoping the game is great just like everyone else. But the whole running around the jungle shirtless eating snakes is just funny stick out tongue

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 05:11 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

Never heard about this game confused

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 09:20 AM
Mighty Yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Mighty Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Mighty Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

But is it Snake? Rumor has it that it's set in the 60's, before Snake was "born" And he uses knives which Snake says in MGS2 he hates.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 04:42 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jason420

no if you see the trailerhe shoots a soldier in the head while hanging from a tree

I was born 8 and 1/2 months premature

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 10:52 PM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Yeah he uses guns as well but apparently his eye is beaten up just like his "fathers" Big Boss

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 07:23 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

We actually get to see big boss this time

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 12:13 PM
Mighty Yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Mighty Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Mighty Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/de...bsectionid=1585 - The thing that will be replacing the radar. It looks cool

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 06:12 PM
Madcap

Uh, in case you guys didn't no, snake eater is a sequel. But it is true that you need to eat to stay alive. But god, i hope they Don't make it as wierd as the second one.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 06:17 PM
Madcap is currently offline Click here to Send Madcap a Private Message Find more posts by Madcap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

But it is set in the 60's so unless the whole game is a VR simulation of some sort it doesn't seem likely to be set after MGS2

Even on the official website it admits it's set in the sixties.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 08:46 PM
Marcellus
executioner

this game will rock, you can wear a alligator thus it will be the greatest

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 09:44 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IBTonks

Can't wait for the game, MGS has to be my all time fav! i think i'm the only person that actually liked playing as Raiden, it made a change! gave you something else to think about! can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!

"I know that your hiding things, Using gentle words to shelter me, Your words were like a dream, But dreams could never fool me. Not that easily"

Old Post Mar 25th, 2004 02:38 PM
IBTonks is currently offline Click here to Send IBTonks a Private Message Find more posts by IBTonks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Um OK, nothing is concrete yet, but I'd have to go with the fact that this is set BEFORE everything else.

Just because it's a sequel doesn't mean it cannot go back in time for a "flash back" of Big Boss.

My guess (and I hope) is that you play as Boss to discover WHY he was used for the super soldier clones and Les Enfant Terribles (Snake, Liquid and Solidus). You'll play maybe 1/3 or 2/3 of the game like this. I hope it is 1/3. The rest of the game may zip back to the present day or carry on the Boss story in another setting like in a base or something. I'd personally love it if it carried on the Patriots story and carried on the Liquid/Ocelot vs Snake cat and mouse chase from MGS2, with Snake trying to stop Metal Gear Ray.

Then later on, Liquid revives Big Boss (his remains are preserved - and the Patriots are probably the only ones who know where he is, and seeing as Liquid is in Patriot-spy Ocelots body, he would know too, or know where to start looking). Either that or Big Boss is acting as The Patriots (remember at the end of 2 its revelaed the patriots are dead - so it's either AI or Big Boss or something). Whichever way it goes it's going to be excellent. I loved all of the stories and cannot wait for the next installment to clear up the open ended bits (and probably open up an even bigger can of worms). Grey Fox may be in it because he should be a young man in the 60's. This could explain why he betrays FOXHOUND later on and joins Big Boss. It could explain Big Boss's cause.

Nothing is wrong with Raiden, leave the guy alone. I'd like to see him return as an older wiser Ninja sometime down the line to shut all you Raiden haters up.

Those that didn't get Metal Gear Solid 2's story and dissed Raiden, well, that's Hideo Kojima's fault in thinking people were intelligent and open minded.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2004 06:49 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Ocolot is in it as some of the script says he has 12 shots now (2 guns) this would hint that Snake is in it. As well as a joke of Major Tom (Hideo is a big fan of that sort of stuff)

This would seem to hint at a sort of Big Boss and Snake game switching between the two times.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2004 06:52 PM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I also think the reasoning behind having us play as Big Boss is because modern audiences that maybe haven't played the older MSX/NES versions will appreciate just how freakin awesome Big Boss is.

I hope there a big plot twist in this one - like as I said, Big Boss is a Patriot, or/and someone major gets killed like Otacon.

Me and a few friends were even thinking that maybe Snake bites the dust - remember he is aging faster because he is the inferior clone, and he has FoxDie ready to kill him. It affects older people quicker remember. The problem is, people will complain even more than what Raiden caused if Snake dies - despite it being one heckuva plotline. Metal Gear has always been tinged with tragedy so what better way to finish off the "solid" series by killing off a biggie?

Or even, at least have Snake die from FoxDie and have him revived in a later game - much like how this game hints that Big Boss is revived.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2004 07:21 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote