KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » PSP -- [Playstation Portable] [merged]

PSP -- [Playstation Portable] [merged]
Started by: JKozzy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Smile PSP -- The Playstation Portable!

As promised a few months ago by Sony of Japan, a beta model of the PSP, Sony's "Game Boy", was unveiled. Attached is a photo of the preliminary model and the UMD disc that is used to store info... and apparently can hold way more than the average PS2 disc... about 3 or 4 times more. (Blue Laser DVD). It was clipped from the Jan 2004 issue of OPM, Official US Playstation Magazine (my fav big grin)

Attachment: psp.jpg
This has been downloaded 191 time(s).

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 03:33 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

WOW!
Looks very fabulous and Oh so expen$ive! raver

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 04:20 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Yeah, especially now that they've boosted its RAM up to 32Meg from 8Meg. It's got touch sensitive controls and is just a bit bigger than a PS2 controller.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 07:11 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I bet even if you bump into something with it itll stop working... i remember when my ps fell half a foot off the top of my tv to the back of the tv.. and it stopped working. Sony makes thier stuff too delicate most of the time. I hope this isnt the case as portables are designed to be roughed around with

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 10:27 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

This looks so thin that there is very little to get shaken loose from a fall, which is a good thing,

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 10:29 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

I agree on the whole Sony makes their machines too fragile, I've had about 4 PS2s, lol and did you know that the reason the CD lens claps out so quick is because its (if memory serves, I could be wrong) is a 4x speed cd drive running at 6x speed.

Touché.no expression, Rose of Isis, Walsh, Piggles shifty, MG , Scribble , Ms Chelle, Quincy, Clovie, Syren, Lea.no expression, Emma Representing™ on Steam | My Steam Profile; Chance™

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 11:50 AM
Chance SL is currently offline Click here to Send Chance SL a Private Message Find more posts by Chance SL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

My PS2 broke a month and a half ago...and I took it apart (voiding the warranty) and then messed around with it...it works now, except minor glitches.

And the disc tray is really sticking when it opens...needs to be lubed up I guess.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 11:54 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I've had my PS2 for a year and a half and I've had no problems with it.
*touches wood quickly*

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 02:15 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

OH IF THERE IS 1 PERSON WHOZ HAD PROBLEMS WITH HIS PS2 ITS ME. i can never get my lens fixed. i fix it but a month later the same problem comes, the ps2 doesnt read the cd. and the same problem is going on right now. DAMN

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 03:08 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

The cd tray gets clogged out with dirt to easily it gets louder and slower every time you open/close it

Touché.no expression, Rose of Isis, Walsh, Piggles shifty, MG , Scribble , Ms Chelle, Quincy, Clovie, Syren, Lea.no expression, Emma Representing™ on Steam | My Steam Profile; Chance™

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 03:09 PM
Chance SL is currently offline Click here to Send Chance SL a Private Message Find more posts by Chance SL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

IMO portable gaming systems are a waste of money and are entirely too childish. Other than long road trips...i don't see a purpose of owning one.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 04:27 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

road trips... that's the only purpose

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 06:24 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

But oh so cool!

In an article I saw a few months back, it said that FFVII was being remade for the "Portable GBA"... but now that I think of it, maybe it's being remade for PSP! That would make muuch more sense..... and be much cooler big grin

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 06:48 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

How about taking over to a friends house when there is nothing to do Linkalicious? There is a purpose for Portable gaming systems, but otherwise, you are right.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 02:06 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

if you are going to a friends house...then why the hell are you playing portable video games instead of hanging out with your friend? u gonna sit there playing portables while he is getting ready for the night is 1 thing...but in this modern era who the hell doesn't have a console hooked up at home? so why not just play that instead?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 05:15 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Maybe there's a game you two want to play that's only on there. Golden Sun and GS2: The Lost Age is a great example: good ol' 2-d Turn based RPG with 2 player versus mode-- that's cool. Now imagine a PSP and the multiplayer options that could present. The same games aren't released for portables as consules, but that doesn't mean the games aren't any less fun.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 07:45 PM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

And you can take it on holiday with you, or to your grans or somewhere.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 08:57 PM
S_D_J
Bane

again... road trips!!!!!

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 09:02 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

ORIGINAL GAMING!

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 09:08 PM
Spearhead
Prophet

I haven't taken a look at this much but I guess its a good idea (forgive my laziness i dont feel like checking it out)

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 09:20 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote