KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Fallout 3!!!

Fallout 3!!!
Started by: rusky

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rusky
Waiting for da snow

Fallout 3

Well, I just heard Fallout 3 won't be seeing the light of day anytime soon, from what I could make out, Blackisle is no more and interplay have decided to abandon the project.... sad

Fallout 2 was my favourite game of all time....must've finished the thing like 10 times over.

I'm sure F3 is going to eventually be released, but definitley not by interplay and I'm worried it might not live up to the hype....and the series.

It's just what already happend to many good series (Master of Orion, Heroes of M&M, etc..).

So many times I've wished someone would make the same damn game with a new story and better graphics....but just that.

Have fun||

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 06:08 PM
rusky is currently offline Click here to Send rusky a Private Message Find more posts by rusky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Never heard of any of those games. blink

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 06:22 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rusky
Waiting for da snow

Really ? They're about 6years old, but really cool nevertheless....

Have fun||

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 06:29 PM
rusky is currently offline Click here to Send rusky a Private Message Find more posts by rusky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lol.. masters of orion is too huge to give it some fancy new graphics. As for fallout, sorry but I've never heard of it

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 06:42 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rusky
Waiting for da snow

well yeah it's big...but it's possible... and not necesarily fancy...just...uh...noticeable wink

Have fun||

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 07:02 PM
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Fallout 3!!!

I'm stoked that its finally getting made, but I'm not too sure about Bethseda. They seem to be more interested in letting everyone know theyve played Fallout 1 and 2 than in making the game! Whats worse is the glaring mistakes they make when they talk about the games theyve supposedly played...

This from a QA guy working on the game:
"Oh and Fallout Tactics was my favorite out of the bunch. I know they don't directly tie in but I loved Fallout 1 and 2 because of the story. I absolutely hated the combat because real-time was a little too frantic and turn-based was a little too slow. Tactics took the worst part of Fallout (to me anyway) and turned it into a really great experience and a great game to play."

I've played Fallout 1 and 2 more times than I care to admit, and there is NO real time combat. In addition, the lack of story in Fallout Tactics pretty much removes it from the RPG genre. You don't appeal to fans by saying Tactics is your favorite of the series. This kinda crap does not inspire confidence in me. Bethseda should stop worrying about the media and forums and get to work. This game is VERY serious to a lot of people out there, and they better hope they get it right. bethseda has a questionable reputation with fans as it is, this game could make or break them.

"Did Braveheart run away? Did Payback run away?"

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 08:36 PM
Creechuur is currently offline Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

man i was really excited about playing fallout, but i installed it in my computer and it caused major malfunctions, and i cant even un-install it. So ihave all this major god damn space being taken up by a game i cant play or un-install.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 08:59 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Bethsedas making it!!!! they made the elder scrolls series big grin

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 09:48 PM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

hmmm....I dunno about this, new companies taking on big franchises usually don't work out too well. We'll have to see how it turns out.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 10:16 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rusky
Waiting for da snow

I absolutley loved the fallouts... still haven't played tactics.... I'd hope fallout 3 will still be izometrical or similar...

Have fun||

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 10:23 PM
BackFire

I enjoyed Tactics quite a bit, but it's in a completely different genre from the others.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 10:37 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rusky
Waiting for da snow

yes..it's an RTT, real time tactics... it's very much like commandos so I'm not sure why everybody started shouting when it came out... it never wanted to continue the series... it was just using the franchise...

Have fun||

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 10:00 AM
MasterWizard

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
hmmm....I dunno about this, new companies taking on big franchises usually don't work out too well. We'll have to see how it turns out.

Bethesda has been around for nearly 10 years, so they aren't really new.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 01:56 PM
MasterWizard is currently offline Click here to Send MasterWizard a Private Message Find more posts by MasterWizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I didn't mean new as in a rookie company, I meant new as in a different company from the original makers of the game.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 08:26 PM
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

"yes..it's an RTT, real time tactics"

I played the game turn-based, as I hate real time strat games.

I enjoyed Tactics, but it wasn't really a Fallout game, as far as story and replayability. It was a fun tactical combat game, but I really missed wandering around towns, having the choice to help people or become public enemy number 1.

The thing I'm worried about is Bethseda's history of 3d type games, in addition to the updated graphics of the industry in general. Its going to be natural to want to update the game engine and make the graphics look as good as possible, but to me Fallout is an isometric 2d game, and it should stay that way. Updates are nice. Tactics looked 10 times better than Fallout 2 without making game fully 3d or adding a lot of bells and whistles that distract from the overall game. Lets hope Bethseda doesn't go too far.

"Did Braveheart run away? Did Payback run away?"

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 10:05 PM
Creechuur is currently offline Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

The Countdown for the Trailer is on it's way.

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

Some screenshots.

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

There is also the news that Liam Neeson (Qui-Gon/ Ra's Al Ghul) will be doing the voice of a character.

Stay tune for updates. smile

Old Post May 9th, 2007 04:25 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Bethaseda pwns for story and environment big grin this should rock big grin

Old Post May 9th, 2007 06:40 PM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Teaser Trailer:

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 06:45 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

yeah the environment is truly stunning.. cant wait to see more of it

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 06:52 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I'm thinking how large this game can be....4 years in the making?

Bethesa has to deliver.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 07:01 PM