KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Do you prefer the PC or a Gaming system?

PC or Gaming system(PS2,xbox,gamecube)?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
PC 18 56.25%
Gaming system(PS2,xbox,gamecube) 14 43.75%
Total: 32 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Do you prefer the PC or a Gaming system?
Started by: Matrix Overload

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Matrix Overload

Do you prefer the PC or a Gaming system?

Do you prefer playing video games on the PC or on a Gaming system like the PS2?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2004 01:13 AM
Matrix Overload is currently offline Click here to Send Matrix Overload a Private Message Find more posts by Matrix Overload Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

PC for the most part. The games I like are best on the PC.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2004 01:22 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

Same ^ plus PC has much less limitations to what can be done...which relates back to they're being more games I like stick out tongue

I'm a signature!

Old Post Aug 1st, 2004 01:26 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MasterWizard

PC. You can do some much more than on gaming consoles.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2004 01:35 AM
MasterWizard is currently offline Click here to Send MasterWizard a Private Message Find more posts by MasterWizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Consoles, just because of the controls. keyboards suck. yea i know, "buy an adaptor" or whatever, but i dont wanna. i wanna ***** and moan that the controls on PCs suck. big grin

Old Post Aug 1st, 2004 01:37 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MasterWizard

In my opinion, nothing beats the keyboard as a controller. You can set whatever action you want to any key. You can make up your own control scheme. It's easier to press W and go forward than to hold an analog stick forward, and wear out the stick.

There are only two kinds of games keyboards don't cut it; Racing games and flightsims.

And you can't type with a controller.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2004 01:59 AM
MasterWizard is currently offline Click here to Send MasterWizard a Private Message Find more posts by MasterWizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Bah, I can't do that. I have to be able to wrap my hands around the controller, and just use my thumbs. besides, with the simple controller, the buttons are easier to memorize. For me at least.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2004 04:50 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robo-Chocobo

In my opinion, the computer gaming world has looked down on consoles. many get consoles because we cant afford Hi tech pc's

a pc that can run unreal 2 is so expensive(i need to get a nato cast off)

a console is just simpler, cheaper, and when its time to upgrade, you just pick it up, dump it in the trash, and g2 the store for a new 1(just like macs).

plus, he keyboard seems so alien to me, i especially dislike games like everquest that take an entire alphabet, number key, and f1-12 to cast spells and work effectively.

i only play shooters(i only have to really use the number keys, the scroll wheel, and w,a,s,d.) and strategy games.

although youll probably never have the exact accuracy of a mouse over a joystick when it comes to sniping in a shooter, or in other things that the precise mouse brings, its easier to pull off complex moves, faster, and effectively, without as much needed time as memoerizing the keyboard. simply the console is the cheaper and easier to use choice.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2004 08:12 AM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Absolutely the convenience factor of a console counts hugely in its favour. I am a PC guy myself- the games I like are far more likely to be found there and I like the PC for other uses anyway- but you can hardly deny that PCs are hideously expensive and inconvenient gaming platforms compared to consoles. That's hardly a surpirse- PCs are multi-purpose. Consoles ONLY have gaming as a purpose, so if they were not basically better at the convenience factor than PCs they would not be doing well.

But it is absolutely true that nothing is more precise than mouse/keyboard. No console controller (other than... well.. a console mouse/keyboard) comes close.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 1st, 2004 10:35 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

PC- More time, MORE MONEY,you have to constantly worry about updating or having the right requirements.

Console, simple to install, buy a game you know its gonna work perfectly to its max performance no matter what, If it doesnt you take it back and get another, but P.C if it doent work for your Pc you can take it back ounce youtrid installing it . BULLSHIT PC's SUck ass F*ck interplay if you have that much time on your hands to constantly be playing online with your characters you have tom much time on your hands

Old Post Aug 1st, 2004 12:22 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Matrix Overload

PC's are so much more flexible than gaming consoles. You can get differents mods and skins to make the game look anyway you want. plus it's easier to do internet gaming, you don't have to buy an adapter thingy and all that. plus the keyboard has so many more controls that you can do so much more. like battlefield vietnam would be hard to put on a console bacause you use all the "f" buttons on the top of the keyboard and all the numbers and many of the letters. how do you put that on a controller?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2004 01:29 PM
Matrix Overload is currently offline Click here to Send Matrix Overload a Private Message Find more posts by Matrix Overload Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

yeah im sure P.C's are great if you're rich

Old Post Aug 1st, 2004 08:26 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robo-Chocobo

one sentance all you pc peeps gonna hear for 1 year.

Halo2 is so F***ING AWSOME!!!

Old Post Aug 1st, 2004 10:31 PM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah, and there's several sentance you console folks will be hearing.

Half Life 2 is Awesome!

Doom 3 is awesome!

Far Cry is Awesome!

Old Post Aug 1st, 2004 10:33 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

PC games *usually*lack story and the characters arn't well developed.Im not sure why that is but I don't like it.

Game systems whoot!

*~Just keep rockin'~*
Nana will keep on playin'
All we have left to believe in is ourselves baby
*~Were a generation of idiots without dreams~*

Old Post Aug 1st, 2004 10:37 PM
BlackHatDefect is currently offline Click here to Send BlackHatDefect a Private Message Find more posts by BlackHatDefect Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm a console guy

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 12:00 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robo-Chocobo

a word youll hear x-boxes saying

doom 3

and farcry isnt all that awsome.

i see things really far away, but it just lacks things...not that it isnt a great game, but it just seems overrated to me.

half life 2 is cool,'

*in best govenator of california voice*]
your puny pc games are no macht for the awsome goldyness of halo 2.

sargent johnson is the second coolest videogame character since master chief.(hes the black dude you see in the into of halo, the second level of halo, the 343 guilty spark cut scene, and the secret* extra scene in the ending, and hes in halo 2.)

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 01:36 AM
BackFire

Halo 2 is going to be a disapointment. It won't be able to match with Half life 2. The first halo is vastly over rated, teh only reason anyone cares about it is because it's the first really good console FPS that's come along in a long way. It can't hold it's own against other, supperior shooters though.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 02:43 AM
Matrix Overload

Hey, i can wait for those games. plus, i am anything but rich.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 03:08 AM
moshtitan
Suffer in Truth

im not a big fan of PC gaming..too much work. i like too be able to put the game in and play. Half Life 2 is looking alright, as is Halo 2, but i think im most excited about Doom 3. as far as Far Cry being overrated..i wouldnt say that. if your computer can actually run the damn game, it proves to be one of the best shooters overall ive ever played, and thats on any system. it lacks a tad in the story, but the physics engine, voice acting, and graphics are all unbelivabele. another great shooter on the PC is PainKiller. its like Far Cry with gritty, dark enviorment, and 100 foot monsters.

Never stray from the comon line.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 01:09 PM
moshtitan is currently offline Click here to Send moshtitan a Private Message Find more posts by moshtitan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote