KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Thoughts on Dragonball Z games

Thoughts on Dragonball Z games
Started by: Electrocat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Electrocat
The Huntress

Thoughts on Dragonball Z games

I think that some of them are allright, but some them, like Budokai was one hell of a mess

Forever a Tigress... the Hunt continues.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 08:38 AM
Electrocat is currently offline Click here to Send Electrocat a Private Message Find more posts by Electrocat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

I didn't mind the Budokai games that much. Obviously when you're playing more or less the same system it does get boring a bit but then you've also got to consider the fan factor in games like these. I mean, what got me to play all three and enjoy them is because I'm a big fan of the show and that made me want to continue playing.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 11:04 AM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

the best dbz game I played was bid for power.. a quake 3 arena mod... the rest of them are just very messy and ill-concieved.. they either allow you to fight fast without flying, or they let you fly and you cant do anything else... you'd probably need the next programming pioneer to make a true great DBZ game... sparking! looks like its gonna be the only hope to deliver that...

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 12:12 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

I liked the old SNES Games....stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 05:38 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Electrocat
The Huntress

yeah I like the one on gameboy advance - it was called Goku's Legacy I think

Forever a Tigress... the Hunt continues.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 05:49 AM
Electrocat is currently offline Click here to Send Electrocat a Private Message Find more posts by Electrocat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

their all decent.But not great or amazing.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 04:28 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

some of the most tedious fighting games out there.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 03:06 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

No not really. There is lots of variety in the budokai games especially 3. They all have their own moves and specials, transformations, stories. Much more variety than most of the beat em ups out there. If ur a fan of dbz then that makes the games even better.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 05:44 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I wish they'd spend some real time and cover 'all' the areas of the dragonball universe.. (the energy aspects.. the flying aspect and the melee / grabbing aspect)

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 1st, 2005 10:12 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon
X/1999 = best anime ever!

Budokai 2 is good but far far too short in Dragonworld. When you wish for Babidi's ship then yeah it makes the game last longer but there are only 4 stages & it takes ages to get to the Magin M.

I'm nearly there though in a short time but it still takes a lot of battling & staying in the game for as long as possible. I haven't got 3 but plan to buy. I have Goku's Legacy 2 which is good but I'm stuck...

We must not let them disappear! Act now & together we can save them.
Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 08:16 PM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I don't really like DBZ games all that much, they are just DBZ characters slapped on there for popularity.

There are more superioroity in other games.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 08:48 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon
X/1999 = best anime ever!

Well no, they are there for a reason or for fun but nevertheless it doesn't really matter, other shows/games do the same.

We must not let them disappear! Act now & together we can save them.
Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 09:31 PM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Budokai 1 and 2 were very enjoyable games. I haven't played 3 yet, and I'm not sure if I will. I haven't played Sagas because it got horrible reviews. I loved the Goku Legacies, though.

Seriously, they could be awesome games if they got a good developer.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 02:04 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

i havent played sags but iv played all the budokais out and i loved them dragonworld on 1 was good on 2 was horrible like a bad chess game and i loved the dragonworld on 3 it was all that i wanted but still could be improved a great idea would be to play from a little goku from dragonball all the way to the end of gt and then do the movies or threw them into the story of dragonworld

Current Pokemon:5

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 02:12 AM
Stalker 360 is currently offline Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

DBZ Sagas suck!!

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 02:13 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

okay thank for the advice mate i wont go there then and by the way loving the sig arbiter

Current Pokemon:5

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 02:25 AM
Stalker 360 is currently offline Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kumar

i never thought any of the games were that great. i liked the show when i was little but the games just sucked

I will live Forever

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 03:52 AM
Kumar is currently offline Click here to Send Kumar a Private Message Find more posts by Kumar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Can you imagine if a dragonball z game got made by like, bioware or something? The game would kick ass.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 11:28 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Hmm... I wonder what a first person DBZ game would be like...

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 06:26 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jnr hiphop
Some Guy

I didn't really like the DBZ games. I don't know what it's like now though. The one's I've played were old ones, but even then they weren't as good.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 08:57 AM
jnr hiphop is currently offline Click here to Send jnr hiphop a Private Message Find more posts by jnr hiphop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote