KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » "Bully" by rockstar

"Bully" by rockstar
Started by: jaden101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Bully" by rockstar

this is looking like another headline grabber from the genius game developers/distributors that brought you such gaming delights are Grand Theft Auto, manhunt, max payne as well as the rather rubbish state of emergency

Bully does exactly what it say on the tin...you play as a kid at bullworth academy and the premise of the game is that you go around beating up other kids

here is a couple of screens
(please log in to view the image)

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 05:48 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

OMFG! That looks awesome! eek!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 06:27 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

That looks like a very addicting game! When does it come out?

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 06:31 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth_royke

i think its a bad idea.... or a good idea. it will entice kids to bully more, or.... it will give the bullies a way to release their bullying. i'm not sure about it though, theres going to be trouble with this one

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 08:05 PM
darth_royke is currently offline Click here to Send darth_royke a Private Message Find more posts by darth_royke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

hmm.. well manhunt didnt entice kids to slice of peoples heads with piano wire.. but its not good to encourage them anyway.. and its kinda funny that he's wearing a private school uniform (i.e. he probably pays a tuition to go there).. so its kinda wierd that he'd just be a lowly bully.... but the idea is intriguing

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 08:42 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Meh, doesn't seem very interesting to me. Seems like another game that will just rely on the controversy it will create, probably won't be particularly good.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 09:26 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Meh, doesn't seem very interesting to me. Seems like another game that will just rely on the controversy it will create, probably won't be particularly good.

could be the case...as was with manhunt which was ultimately quite shallow and repetitive...but then they said GTA was marketed on its controversial content...the media always making a big hoohaa about killing prostitutes which was about one of the most inconsequential and boring parts about the game and funnily enough most people wouldn't even have known to stop and pick up prostitutes in the game if the outraged media hadn't told them about it

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 10:18 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Awesome!
I never thought I would get to bully people after I got out of High School,guess I was wrong!

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 01:01 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I thought Manhunt was pretty good...

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 01:34 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

I thought you get revenge on bullies? I don't feel like beating the shit out of other kids, that's not that interesting to me. Besides, I always thought bullying was f***ed up.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 03:28 AM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I suppose next they'll be making a columbine game.. "now you get to kill the kids and then yourself!"... roll eyes (sarcastic)... they really need some new game designers... games these days are just getting as silly as those girls gone wild rerun commercials, or those "hook up n have sex" chat lines while I'm trying to watch adult swim >_<

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 04:34 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Oh shut up dude, those text things on Adult Swim are funny. stick out tongue I don't see the whole point of this game, I really expected more especially coming from Rockstar. They should just do a Manhunt 2 & stick to GTA, they'll be fine.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 12:17 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

BUMP.

The game's out.

Anyone played it?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 07:59 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_God
LOOK AT SIG.

I did. Everyone needs to STOP JUDGING THE GAME BEFORE IT COMES OUT.

I actually enjoyed this game, you DO bully, but most of the time, you BULLY the BULLIES. It's COMPLETELY optional if you wanna bully kids.

Your enemies will be Jocks, Bullies, and etc. but most of the time, Nerds and etc will be your ALLIES.

So stop judging the damn game and actually play!

Again infact =SPOILER=

At near end of the game, Jimmy Hopkin(the guy you play) says that he is trying to STOP the BULLYING and bring PEACE to his school.

P.S End of the game, you completely allied with all the stereotypes

Preppies
Jock
Greasers
and etc.

DID NOT POST KITTY THREAD...

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 08:21 PM
The_God is currently offline Click here to Send The_God a Private Message Find more posts by The_God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Kinda of want to play this, hopefully they release it on the PC.

It's a tad late right now, but Rockstar totally didnt make Max Payne.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 08:38 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

What do you mean by that?

I'm pretty sure they did make Max Payne (1 and 2).

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 09:54 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Oh, sorry, they just did the ports of the game

The people who made the game are Remedy, published by GOD (before they went belly up)

Then the published the sequel, but in know ways did they make the games. Just published, and did ports of the games.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 10:45 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaPpYgOlUcKiE

Originally posted by Noob_Krueger
I did. Everyone needs to STOP JUDGING THE GAME BEFORE IT COMES OUT.

I actually enjoyed this game, you DO bully, but most of the time, you BULLY the BULLIES. It's COMPLETELY optional if you wanna bully kids.

Your enemies will be Jocks, Bullies, and etc. but most of the time, Nerds and etc will be your ALLIES.

So stop judging the damn game and actually play!

Again infact =SPOILER=

At near end of the game, Jimmy Hopkin(the guy you play) says that he is trying to STOP the BULLYING and bring PEACE to his school.

P.S End of the game, you completely allied with all the stereotypes

Preppies
Jock
Greasers
and etc.

Thank you! Everyone is always going arund saying your beating up a bunch of kids, but when you actually play the game you realize that Jimmy is basically interacting, helping and going against certain stereotypes. I actually thought it was a pretty fun game.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 03:51 AM
HaPpYgOlUcKiE is currently offline Click here to Send HaPpYgOlUcKiE a Private Message Find more posts by HaPpYgOlUcKiE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Just bought the game.

Played it for like, 10 minutes.

I like it so far. You can definitely tell it was made by Rockstar.

Any other members played this game? Opinions?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2006 06:44 AM
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by H. S. 6
OMFG! That looks awesome! eek!

Nub.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Dec 28th, 2006 06:46 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote