KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Nhl 07

Nhl 07
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Nhl 07

Is anyone else looking forward to this game? Always loved hockey games, and with the new stack handling/puck control it looks to be great this year.

I played the demo that's on Xbox Live right now, the new controls really enhance the game, can't wait for the real game to come out next week.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 12:21 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I only played a couple rounds, the controls take some getting used to. I just hope the game isnt empty like all EAs next gen games.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 12:26 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Empty? Like how?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 12:42 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Sports games i mean, so far all the next gen versions have been stripped of all but the most basic features.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 01:00 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, Madden is brutal compared to the current gen game.

I tried to the demo...I dont know, I couldnt get ahold of the controls. I was skating all over the place.

I do wish though that the demo had a real game instead of an shootout.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 03:34 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

And this is the second next gen version for the EA, so it is really unacceptable.

I dont know about NHL, but only NBA Live seems to be doing things right.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 03:39 AM
BackFire

NHL 07 seems to have what would be expected of hockey games, it might be missing some stuff, don't really know.

All I know is the new on ice controls are excellent, they make scoring an actual challenge, not just finding the way to beat the goalie and then repeating it, actually takes skill and strategy, for a change.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 05:02 AM
MadMel
Heh

depends on which hockey games your talking about..i found an old one from the N64 a faily big challenge..

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 05:36 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Not to be outdone, the NHL 2K7 demo is on XBL now. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 9th, 2006 12:01 AM
BackFire

Yep, played that one as well. It seems solid, but nothing new about it, same as every other hockey game that's come out over the last decade, just with better graphics (slightly).

So far I'm much more impressed with 07, if for no other reason than simply because they're actually doing something different.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2006 12:23 AM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I like the ingame music in 2k7, dont know if it is new or not, but it was kinda cool.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2006 12:35 AM
BackFire

It's neat, but it's strange and a little distracting. Don't really see the point of it.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2006 02:50 AM
Swe_Bum
R.I.P Dimebag Darrell!

i don see the fun in Hokey and soccer games.

Pure American Metal

My fanart/art-- My sigs

Old Post Sep 9th, 2006 08:57 AM
Swe_Bum is currently offline Click here to Send Swe_Bum a Private Message Find more posts by Swe_Bum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Because you dont like the sport?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2006 06:00 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swe_Bum
R.I.P Dimebag Darrell!

Yeah thats true.. but how can you like the Sports to?!?! so boring...

Pure American Metal

My fanart/art-- My sigs

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 05:33 PM
Swe_Bum is currently offline Click here to Send Swe_Bum a Private Message Find more posts by Swe_Bum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Im not a fan of either sport, but the games are fun, especially hockey.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 02:01 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

im not into hockey, but love playing console hockey, ever since the nes.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 02:33 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

8.7 from IGN, not bad.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 02:43 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Is there a franchise mode?

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 05:18 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Yep.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 07:22 PM