KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Gamemaker

Gamemaker
Started by: crazy_shadow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
an_old_wonderer

Gamemaker

i found this a few years ago, and just remembered it..out of the blue, i think i'm going to learn it up again. the cool thing about it, is it requires no C++ or other coding knowledge. BUT, if you wan't 3d game making, or advanced commands, you have to know some code called GML...

but hell i think this things pretty cool, i enjoy myself with it. just wish you could change your file names to some kind of java or something so you can put it on websites...

Old Post Sep 24th, 2006 01:19 AM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

i used it to make one of my assignments at school..big grin
sweet program..

Old Post Sep 24th, 2006 04:22 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Sep 24th, 2006 05:08 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Barker
http://www.gamemaker.nl/

?
thanks, just raelized i forgot to post the website ROFL

Old Post Sep 24th, 2006 06:39 AM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I think I'll need to play with that one day...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 24th, 2006 06:40 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

its a good program big grin..

Old Post Sep 24th, 2006 09:12 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

yeah do any of you know where i could get a tutorial so i can learn the GML...i'd like to learn that

Old Post Sep 24th, 2006 06:39 PM
MadMel
Heh

its should be at the official site erm..
in other news *shuffles papers*, im making a new game right now (thank god for the holidays big grin), based off jacopX's rpg (with his permission of course big grin)..

Last edited by MadMel on Sep 28th, 2006 at 11:06 AM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 11:02 AM
an_old_wonderer

Originally posted by MadMel
its should be at the official site erm..
in other news *shuffles papers*, im making a new game right now (thank god for the holidays big grin), based off jacopX's rpg (with his permission of course big grin)..
i was searching the site but couldn't find anything on it...the things under tutorials just teach the basics of what the buttons do, which i understand. but it'd be better to know more with gml so i could actually code some things to do what they don't have on there...i wanted to make an rpg game, but not the same fighting style...kind of like zelda style

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 09:11 PM
MadMel
Heh

cant help you there, in fact, i might need help from you erm

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 10:39 PM
an_old_wonderer

cant help you there, in fact, i might need help from you erm
what help ? stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 10:54 PM
MadMel
Heh

a lot of stuff..
im making a game based off jacopX's rp-Ultimate Hero, once he gives me permission big grin..
i need sprites to match all the characters (so far, absolutely no luck for me sad ), backgrounds that look at least something close to what the locations in the rp are (forest, trashed city, hell), and a load of other things...im gonna be a busy bug over the holidays...thank god for these 2 weeks of no school big grin..

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 02:51 AM
an_old_wonderer

a lot of stuff..
im making a game based off jacopX's rp-Ultimate Hero, once he gives me permission big grin..
i need sprites to match all the characters (so far, absolutely no luck for me sad ), backgrounds that look at least something close to what the locations in the rp are (forest, trashed city, hell), and a load of other things...im gonna be a busy bug over the holidays...thank god for these 2 weeks of no school big grin..
2 weeks eek! LUCKY

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 10:32 PM
an_old_wonderer

k no one in the gamemaker threads will reply with an honest answer so HOPEFULLY someone here who has experience /w gamemaker gml will know...

i have an 8 directional isometric character, he walks and attacks perfectly as i wanted. now i need an enemy. so i made the skeleton. i got the code in to where he will follow the player if you get to a certain distance from him. the problem is, how can i make it to where he faces northeast if the player is northeast, north if the player is north, etc.

i want him to follow the player in an isometric direction instead of ALWAYS facing down.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 02:06 AM
MadMel
Heh

cant help erm..
is this a top down, diablo style game??

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 02:37 AM
an_old_wonderer

cant help erm..
is this a top down, diablo style game??
SI SENOR stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 02:39 AM
MadMel
Heh

cool...

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 02:41 AM
an_old_wonderer

there's like no hope in getting this monster chase type thing to work. i've looked ALL over those forums and found nothing...

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 04:56 AM
MadMel
Heh

you wouldnt happen to be 'vinheim3' would you stick out tongue..
EDIT - no i see you, sorry big grin..

Last edited by MadMel on Oct 1st, 2006 at 06:16 AM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 06:08 AM
SpadeKing

only thing I did right on this thing was making sprites erm I have a bear with its brain sticking out of his head.

other than that I don't know what I'm doing

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 06:13 PM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote