KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Microsoft Vista

Microsoft Vista
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

Microsoft Vista

A new version of windows is comming out next year called Microsoft Vista . Its gonna be better then Windows XP big grin

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 11:38 AM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Have you seen the system requirements for it? Kiss that goodbye.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 12:36 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaithen

First, the name is "Windows vista". Second, its hard to tell that its better than XP cause you never tried it.

Of course i think its going to be better, and the requiments arent special, i mean... My computer can handle it and it is 3 years old :P

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 01:44 PM
Kaithen is currently offline Click here to Send Kaithen a Private Message Find more posts by Kaithen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I'll probably wait a year or two until I upgrade. Let them get all the bugs out.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 01:47 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's going to be better in terms of computer gaming. The much herelded Direct 10 looks very interesting.

I also heared its going to be alot easier in terms of all computer gaming, like installing and uninstalling. It's suppose to be a very friendly gaming platform. Probably going to pick it up when I get a direct 10 videocard.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 03:42 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
It's going to be better in terms of computer gaming. The much herelded Direct 10 looks very interesting.

I also heared its going to be alot easier in terms of all computer gaming, like installing and uninstalling. It's suppose to be a very friendly gaming platform. Probably going to pick it up when I get a direct 10 videocard.

ditto. I'm pretty interested in vista also... what cards support Dx10 btw?

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 09:26 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know nothing about which video cards to get and how to upgrade and all that stuff, and since I happen to own a Laptop that won't upgrade in other ways, I don't play hardly any PC games on it.
I know nothing about requirements. I am lost to the world and lost to Vista.

What am I to do?

is it COMPREHENSIBLE.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 09:40 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Vista certainly looks interesting. Management of windows and programs looks FAR smoother, and being an artist I love the translucent window borders.

For anyone interested, Microsoft is currently offering a free download of an .iso file for the Vista beta. Just make sure you have a blank DVD and a DVD burner for the .iso, and a full backup of your current OS setup, in case you need to switch back.

I have the .iso downloaded to my computer, but no DVDs, so I don't have personal experience with Vista, but regardless I would suggest that everyone wait until Vista's "Service Pack 2" is released for whatever hidden massive error the first version of Vista has.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 11:39 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
ditto. I'm pretty interested in vista also... what cards support Dx10 btw?

Not out yet. I think ATI and Nvidea both are coming out with one.

But by the time Vista hits and when XP will come obselete, it will be years. So, Im going for the non dx10 cards after they come out because the crazy ones right now will be cheaper.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 12:53 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I think Dx 10 compatable video cards are supposed to be out around the end of the year, just in time for xmas. I'm not sure if it's been announced officially or not, though.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 01:10 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Vista certainly looks interesting. Management of windows and programs looks FAR smoother, and being an artist I love the translucent window borders.

For anyone interested, Microsoft is currently offering a free download of an .iso file for the Vista beta. Just make sure you have a blank DVD and a DVD burner for the .iso, and a full backup of your current OS setup, in case you need to switch back.

I have the .iso downloaded to my computer, but no DVDs, so I don't have personal experience with Vista, but regardless I would suggest that everyone wait until Vista's "Service Pack 2" is released for whatever hidden massive error the first version of Vista has.

There are programs that allow you to extract ISOs without burning them.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 01:22 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Lana
There are programs that allow you to extract ISOs without burning them.

Well sure, but

1. I need to make some backup discs, and I'm lazy.

2. Why endanger my own comp when I can have pawns - I mean, FRIENDS - who can do it and tell me the results?

Oh, and my computer, which I bought only a couple months ago, was proclaimed "Vista capable" which I assume means it has the capacity to switch over to Vista, including Dx 10 support.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Last edited by General Kaliero on Oct 10th, 2006 at 02:23 AM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 02:21 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

That works laughing out loud

I'm planning on building myself a new computer this winter. Now this makes me wonder if I should just go ahead as planned, or wait a bit for the Dx 10 compatible cards come out.

Though honestly, I wouldn't trust an OS that's just come out. Yay bugs and huge security holes!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 02:42 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Would be a good idea to wait until next year to make a new computer. If for no other reason than because of new CPU's and the next gen video cards.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:04 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I dont have that luxury. My computer cant play games anymore because of the videocard, and there is no reason to buy another agp videocard nowadays without upgrading to PCI Express, so Im thinking of going to IBM Dual Core processors and the non dx10 card for the next couple of years, and then when Vista and all those bugs and stuff work themselves out, then get an dx10 card.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:56 AM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by BackFire
Would be a good idea to wait until next year to make a new computer. If for no other reason than because of new CPU's and the next gen video cards.

My PC was obselete when I got it 2 years ago...it desperately needs to be replaced. I can live without the most top of the line stuff, if simply for the fact that I wouldn't be able to afford it anyway stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 06:37 AM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I'm part of the Microsoft Consumer Vista program or whatever the hell it's called. Got myself RC1 of Vista... aside from the whole lack of support for my sound card, it's a nice OS. I'd be able to judge more if I used it more. Lack of sound is a bit of a turn-off for me at the moment. I have noticed that there are also plenty of other compatibility issues at this point in time. RC2 should be available within the next week or two, however. I'm hoping there's support for me there.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 06:40 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

Doesn't this system tell Windows everything you're doing, and therefore an infringement of Privacy?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 12:33 AM
Mr Krieger is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by Lana
My PC was obselete when I got it 2 years ago...it desperately needs to be replaced. I can live without the most top of the line stuff, if simply for the fact that I wouldn't be able to afford it anyway stick out tongue

Ah, well still would be a good idea to wait as long as possible, because once the next generation of video cards/CPU's come along the current ones will drop in price.

Are you planning on using hte computer for games? if so, which ones?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 12:50 AM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by BackFire
Ah, well still would be a good idea to wait as long as possible, because once the next generation of video cards/CPU's come along the current ones will drop in price.

Are you planning on using hte computer for games? if so, which ones?

I don't actually play PC games all that much...Ragnarok, and Ush got me to play Uru, but that's about it. Maybe Bioshock but I can't see being able to play that game by myself (System Shock 2 scared the shit out of me and from what I've seen of Bioshock...yeah, creepy as hell). I use my computer more for Photoshop and stuff like that.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 05:29 AM