KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil, i need your guys' opinions

Resident Evil, i need your guys' opinions
Started by: Kumar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kumar

Resident Evil, i need your guys' opinions

So i just started playing Resident Evil 4 and pretty much fell in love with it. So, naturally, i wanted to play some of the other RE games and see how they compare.

which RE game, besides 4, is the best and i should go out and buy?

I will live Forever

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 07:38 PM
Kumar is currently offline Click here to Send Kumar a Private Message Find more posts by Kumar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

You have a gamecube? If so go buy the remake of the original RE right now.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 07:45 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kumar

i don't have a game cube. I only have a PS2.

I will live Forever

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 07:54 PM
Kumar is currently offline Click here to Send Kumar a Private Message Find more posts by Kumar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

oh

Well, in that case, buy a gamecube and play the RE remake.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 07:56 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Pity. REmake is SUCH an awesome game.

Well, good luck tracking down the oldies, then. If you happen to have a DS, I'd suggest The Resident Evil remake for that. Other than that... how old are the original releases?

I'd note, though, that the rest of the series has a markedly different feel from RE4.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 07:59 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kumar
i don't have a game cube. I only have a PS2.

Then you are screwed as far as RE, except for 4. lol

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 08:04 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kumar

well damn...

Do any of you know how RE: Outbreak is? and how about Code Veronica? those are the ones that i saw at the game store. And did Resident Evil Zero come out for PS2?

I will live Forever

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 09:51 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Outbreak games suck. CV is a true RE game, but its not the best.

RE0 only came out on gamecube too.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 09:54 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kumar

crap... guess i'm up the creek without a gamecube then...

I will live Forever

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 10:21 PM
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Pity. REmake is SUCH an awesome game.

Well, good luck tracking down the oldies, then. If you happen to have a DS, I'd suggest The Resident Evil remake for that. Other than that... how old are the original releases?

I'd note, though, that the rest of the series has a markedly different feel from RE4.

I have the oldies big grin

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 12:15 AM
A Hero's Fate is currently offline Click here to Send A Hero's Fate a Private Message Find more posts by A Hero's Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

Originally posted by Kumar
crap... guess i'm up the creek without a gamecube then...

Yeah too bad huh? I'm pretty sure you could go to your local GameStop or EB Games store and pick one up for $60-70. And RE reamkes are usually around $20. I thought all the Resident Evils were on Gamecube but I may be mistaken. As far as getting the originals like for PS 1 ... good luck with that!

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 12:56 AM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Actually, if you're smart enough to get the Cube for your RE, I suggest the Resident Evil 10th Anniversary Compilation. Zero, REmake, and 4 all for $40. Only at Gamestop, tho.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 02:37 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Yea, the Remake of RE1 is an amazing game. Absolutely amazing.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 01:16 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Coal
The Carbon Knight

I take it you're not in the UK then. Over here we've got pretty much all of them on PS1 or PS2.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 02:20 PM
Lord Coal is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Coal a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Coal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

To tell you the truth if you played RE4 first you might not like the other games. They are a very different style of game. but who know you still might like them

CV is on dreamcast if you have one of them

RE 1,2,3 are on PS1 if you have one of them

Remakes are on Gamecube if you have one of them

any of the others I haven't played and for good reason it seems.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 03:40 PM
dirkdirden is currently offline Click here to Send dirkdirden a Private Message Find more posts by dirkdirden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kumar

Wow, the compilation sounds amazing. I might consider getting a Cube for that. Not to mention i could also play Twilight Princess too.

thanks guys, this has been some solid advice.

I will live Forever

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 10:52 PM
Peach
mordrem

Gamecubes are damn cheap right now, and are only going to get cheaper, with the Wii coming out in less than a week.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 10:54 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Gamecubes are only gonna get cheaper, IMO, seeing as how the Wii is just around the corner. I urge you to buy all of the Resident Evil games available for the GC, even Code: Veronica X.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 01:35 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Only thing about 2/3/CVX, they are so over priced on the cube.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 01:38 AM
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Nonono. Honestly, people. RE4 is so different from the other games, it would be ludacrous to get a new game system on the basis that "He liked it, he'll like the other RE games"; it's simply not so. What you want to do, is find RE: Code Veronica X for the PS2. This will set you back maybe five dollars. And then, if you decide you like that style of game, you can think about a GameCube.

Last edited by Gregory on Nov 14th, 2006 at 01:54 AM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 01:50 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote