KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Final Fantasy Tactics for PSP and GBA (DS?) Sequel

Final Fantasy Tactics for PSP and GBA (DS?) Sequel
Started by: JKozzy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Final Fantasy Tactics for PSP and GBA (DS?) Sequel

quote:
Japanese manga magazine "Shonen Jump" has just announced that Square Enix's Final Fantasy Tactics will be making its way to the Sony PSP.

Titled Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War, the game will apparently be a port of the original FFT (the one with Ramza and the ever-unbalancing Thunder God Cidoflas Orlandu!) with a couple of new jobs added in, including the Onion Knight job class from Final Fantasy III. The game will also feature all-new cel-shaded FMVs and cutscenes.

Word has also been going around that FFT: The Lion War will be the second a set of games from Square Enix called Ivalice Alliance, with Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings being the first. Final Fantasy Tactics A2: The Sealed Grimoire is supposed to be the third game in the series, but details on this title are still scarce. We're guessing this one's headed for the DS and GBA, though, because of the "A" (most likely stands for Advance).

(please log in to view the image)

Source: http://pspupdates.qj.net/Final-Fant...pg/49/aid/76110

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 06:55 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Whoa! Good news. original FFT was damn fine, much as I understand the GBA sequel was rubbish.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 06:57 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Not really rubbish, still very good, just not as.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 08:00 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hated Final Fantasy Tactics for the Gameboy Advance.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 09:05 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

well looks like its about time I buy the PSP, give my 3 ds's a break.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 09:35 PM
dirkdirden is currently offline Click here to Send dirkdirden a Private Message Find more posts by dirkdirden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

WOO, the only FF game i like!!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 10:10 PM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

Disgaea PSP will be another title I will get.....when it comes out in america.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 10:15 PM
dirkdirden is currently offline Click here to Send dirkdirden a Private Message Find more posts by dirkdirden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

*____________*

But if it's a port I won't buy a PSP..getting tempting though...MGS Portable Ops, Grand Theft Autos, FFT...Crisis Core...*_*

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 03:02 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

It's a port, but has new characters (Balthier from FFXII is supposedly making an appearance) and there are new class(es) and wifi multiplayer (not sure if it's local or internet based yet)

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 07:00 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

If it's wi-fi, it can be both internet and local.

And this will be pretty damn sweet.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 07:36 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I hope it's both, but who knows these days. Lana, looks like you need a PSP now stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 09:36 AM
Peach
mordrem

No it doesn't. One single game is not enough to make me want a PSP.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 05:07 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Mark my words, the PSP will drastically fall in price by the end of the year.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 09:34 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lana
No it doesn't. One single game is not enough to make me want a PSP.
Playing FF1-9 on there too is reason enough; sorry it seemed you were stoked about this stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 10:28 PM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by BackFire
Mark my words, the PSP will drastically fall in price by the end of the year.

Probably.

Originally posted by JKozzy
Playing FF1-9 on there too is reason enough; sorry it seemed you were stoked about this stick out tongue

1-6 I can and play on my DS (already have 3), and 8-12 (minus 11) I own...so yeah, not really stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 29th, 2007 12:29 AM
BackFire

I wish Square would release Chrono Trigger for a hand held system, I'd love to play that again.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2007 12:48 AM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

If you get custom firmware on your PSP, you can just import the FF Chronicles CD in and play it on that stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 29th, 2007 02:46 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's no good for Sony is the PSPs main point becomes things like custom firmware and hardware and what-not. Because that just becomes a piracy sink, and then all a PSP cut would get Sony is less money.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 29th, 2007 01:09 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

Originally posted by Ushgarak
It's no good for Sony is the PSPs main point becomes things like custom firmware and hardware and what-not. Because that just becomes a piracy sink, and then all a PSP cut would get Sony is less money.

The DS has the same issues using M3 type products.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2007 03:50 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Err, it really doesn't- the last issue Nintendo has with the DS is sales issues.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 29th, 2007 04:07 PM