KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » best rts's

best rts's
Started by: mith fox

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chiken panda
FOX

Smile best rts's

what are the best rts out there for the pc

Old Post Feb 19th, 2007 08:27 PM
chiken panda is currently offline Click here to Send chiken panda a Private Message Find more posts by chiken panda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Easily Company of Heroes, fantastic game.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 04:40 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

^
currently, coh is dominating..

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 05:54 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yep.

I hope they come out with an expansion, or a sequel spanning different theaters. Wouldnt mind seeing an Battle of The Bulge/Marketgarden expansion pack, or Pacific War sequel with sea battles.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 06:49 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

i would personally say Supreme commander, its quite new but i think it quite easily tops COH....then agen ime not the sort of perosn who likes World war troops, i prefer fantasy or sci-fi, more interesting

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 07:58 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chiken panda
FOX

Yea same here let me correct my self. what are the best fantasy/scifi rts

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 09:04 PM
chiken panda is currently offline Click here to Send chiken panda a Private Message Find more posts by chiken panda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Star Craft> ANY other rts EVER.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 09:20 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chiken panda
FOX

I got starcraft and am buying warcraft battlechest off of ebay as soon as i find a item when no one wants to OUTBID ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 10:13 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by mith fox
Yea same here let me correct my self. what are the best fantasy/scifi rts

Star Wars: Empire at War would give you an awesome experience with huge fleets battling it out with one another. The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth is an awesome game for LotR fans and then some with some pretty cool fractions and some awesome abilities and heroes like Faramir and the Witch-king.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 11:23 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Warcraft III, Dawn of War and its expansions, Starcraft.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 11:25 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Burning thought
i would personally say Supreme commander, its quite new but i think it quite easily tops COH....then agen ime not the sort of perosn who likes World war troops, i prefer fantasy or sci-fi, more interesting

Completly different games though.

Company Of Heroes is about small squads and highly adaptible tatics. The squads are good for about anything. It's all about small war.

Supreme Commander, havnt played it yet, planning to get it, is all about huge war strategy. It's in the similiar vain as Starcraft somewhat. There is tons of strategy depth with hundreds of different tatics and units. It's more of an old school RTS.

Overall, both are great. CoH is great on an realistic scale and small scale which is awesome. Supreme Commander is more about crazy units and big scale strategy.

IT's great right now to be an RTS fan. Coh, Supreme Commander, Command And Conquer 3....its an really good year.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2007 04:22 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

StarCraft, WarCraft III.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2007 04:47 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Command & Conquer 3 is going to kick ass hardcore.

Red Alert 1 is my favorite of all time. 2 as a close second, and then Command & Conquer.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2007 02:57 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

SC, Dawn of War (at least visually), some of the C+C's, though I forget which because they all blend together for me...

I'm a signature!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2007 04:08 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

I'm playing age of empires for the DS and I would recomend it for an RTS for the ds.

for the pc my flavorite is still Warcraft 2 bloodlusted ogre's own all.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2007 05:38 PM
dirkdirden is currently offline Click here to Send dirkdirden a Private Message Find more posts by dirkdirden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I never really enjoyed Warcraft 3 aside from the story.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 04:23 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

god i had an awsome game of Supreme commander last nite laughing abosolute madness indeed, it was a 2v2 match and me and my m8 knew eachother in the same clan so we put up Team speak and the battle was crazy, robots and machines from all corners of the map attacking, i was concentrating on economy boosting while my ally was building gunships in huge groups and smashing our opponents Mass extractors

by the end of all this tho it seems our opponents dug in and started going for the big things, Galactic colossus' for example were built by the less skilled but still worthy player down in the right bottom corner which are huge skyscraper sized laser beam firing robots of incredible strength so after a few screams on Teamspeak and a tactical strategy later my m8 sent about 50 gunships round the back of this players base and killed his commander which annhiliates him and all his stuff from the game, he had no protection for it... Happy Dance

then it was just an all out rush of about 200 robots all stomping towards the last guys huge defences, he was within a few minutes of finishing a nuke when we poured in and destroyed everything and finally his commande was in sight and bravely stood his ground....but was annhiliated in the end..awsome game, wish id saved the replay embarrasment

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 09:10 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

grr..i wouldve wanted to watch that

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 09:20 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

sry stick out tongue infact id like to see it agen myself, was quite an awsome game

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 12:22 PM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Starcraft BW and Warcraft 3- TFT yes

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 12:27 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote