KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » A Sniper Game?

A Sniper Game?
Started by: Discos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Discos
The Discmeister

A Sniper Game?

are there any good games out there which involves alot of Sniper activity.

After seeing the movie "Shooter" I have a healthy (very healthy) urge to use a scope on a sniper rifle.

Medal of Honor doesnt seem to have that many missions, frontline did but I want a new challenge.

I have a PS3, so anything on the playstation format would be nice smile

Discos - cheers,

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 03:31 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

3 words: GEARS OF WAR

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 03:32 PM
LinixCobra is currently offline Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

hellz yeah, i was about to say that linix!!!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 05:23 PM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Re: A Sniper Game?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Discos
After seeing the movie "Shooter" I have a healthy (very healthy) urge to use a scope on a sniper rifle.

Why settle for a game? Just stop by Northern Ireland and buy a sniper rifle and have fun!

Anyhow, I'm also interested in Sniper games, there doesn't seem to be many games like that around. I see the two posts here have recommended Gears of War, however I tried it briefly and didn't like it. Any pure Sniper games out there?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 06:29 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I know there are Sniper style arcade games, but I don't know of any for consoles.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 07:07 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

I am not 100% on this, but I was browsing through some games the other day, and I am almost perfectly sure I saw a game that was strictly sniping, I was debating on getting it, I will stop by and give you a name soon.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 07:39 PM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hidden Lotus
Jetta FTW

my cousin had one.
i think it was just called sniper and it was for xbox

Thanks to tylerTOXICITY for the sig

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 07:39 PM
Hidden Lotus is currently offline Click here to Send Hidden Lotus a Private Message Find more posts by Hidden Lotus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Originally posted by Hidden Lotus
my cousin had one.
i think it was just called sniper and it was for xbox

That might be it, but I will double check anyways.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 07:41 PM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hidden Lotus
Jetta FTW

Originally posted by General G
That might be it, but I will double check anyways.

you do that

Thanks to tylerTOXICITY for the sig

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 07:54 PM
Hidden Lotus is currently offline Click here to Send Hidden Lotus a Private Message Find more posts by Hidden Lotus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Try Halo 2 or some first-person shooter. Most of them have snipers.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 08:10 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

the sniper rifles in ghost recon are decent enough and the levels open enough to get a good effect

and although i'm in a minority...i liked the sniping in the conflict game series as well

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 10:16 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Play online.

Battlefield series, TFC are very fun with snipers. In reality, its actually the only way to get that whole sniping aspect because you literally stake out a place, go to prone, zoom in and let it rip. Because its online, its kinda of more the way snipers operate. In BF series, its fun because you have to find that perfect spot and follow guys through the scope and shoot them when the stop moving. It's wicked.

Sniping in singleplayer game isnt the same because its more of remebering where the guy is and the AI is never that good.

Online, if you miss, the guy runs away and starts to look around to try to find you.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 04:08 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

Originally posted by LinixCobra
3 words: GEARS OF WAR

Originally posted by Discos
I have a PS3, so anything on the playstation format would be nice

No can do my man, don't have the xbox.

Haha northern ireland, i quite like my non-prison life at the moment so al stick to the control pad for now.

thanks for the input guys, I will try and have a browse next week when I go into the city.

Discos - only so much sniper-shooting you can do in GTA and then they all scatter away sad

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 09:19 AM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Unreal Tournament make it sniper rifles only

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 09:26 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

interesting. Aint played the game since school either.

Discos - cheers

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 09:31 AM
Joe K
I dee kay.

You need a 360, xbox is all fps games

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 01:54 PM
Joe K is currently offline Click here to Send Joe K a Private Message Find more posts by Joe K Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

Medal Gear Solid 3 has a sniper level, one of the best levels of the whole game plus its pretty realistic as well.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 02:17 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

never been a bigfan of the xbox...i was so close to buying one and decided not to - 2 months later they take out the 360, phew.

thanks for the recomendations guys, al have a pop at medal gear,

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 03:22 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay... if you can't play Gears of War because yo don't have an X-Box, how about...

HALO 2!!!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 04:21 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

Sniper Elite

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 08:03 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote