KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Official Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Thread

The Official Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Thread
Started by: Ultimate Hulk43

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (67): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Official Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Thread

Well, this game HAS been confirmed & so far the new characters are King Vegeta, King Cold, & Nail. Post any news or updates here & discuss who & what should be in the game.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2007 12:48 PM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

So....a carbon copy of #2, with 3 new characters? Whew! Yay for creativity!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2007 01:57 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mišt

Three characters so far. But there'll be more.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2007 02:58 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

OMG Frieza's father is finally going to be a playable character? eek! Yays! smile

By the way, can you please post the link/source that states this confirmation?

I think it's way too early to judge/assume that this upcoming game's going to be a simple carbon copy...

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2007 08:05 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

I'm more exited about King Vegeta.

Also, the battlefield switches between night and day, and when it's night tailed saiyans turn into oozarus.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 12:18 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by King Kandy
I'm more exited about King Vegeta.

Meh. What exactly can King Vegeta do that the prince can't? >_> (he's got a cape. woo hoo!) As far as the old-school Saiyans go, I found Bardock to be much more interesting. stick out tongue

The only reason I'm excited about King Kold though is because we never actually got to see him fight. He only got to use Trunks' sword against him, only to have it blocked, and then he gets annihilated seconds after. If Frieza's father's going to be playable, he's bound to have some special techniques, and since he never got to display them in the show, I'm somewhat curious as to what they are. >.>

Also, the battlefield switches between night and day, and when it's night tailed saiyans turn into oozarus.

Hmm. So I see. >.> Nice...

Again, where's the link/source telling about all this?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 01:32 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Besides Nail, King Cold, and King Vegeta, I can't think of many characters that were significant in DB, DBZ, or DBZ that's not included in Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2. The only ones I can think of that are those dragon ball dragons (DBGT), the spice boys (Garlic Jr.'s henchmen), ChiChi, PuiPui (Babidi's henchmen), and that's it.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 06:57 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

I can't wait to get this game simply because I liked 2. It'll probably be nearly like 2 but with more people and I would like to see what moves King Kold gets.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 08:11 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Yoshi Fanatic
Besides Nail, King Cold, and King Vegeta, I can't think of many characters that were significant in DB, DBZ, or DBZ that's not included in Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2. The only ones I can think of that are those dragon ball dragons (DBGT), the spice boys (Garlic Jr.'s henchmen), ChiChi, PuiPui (Babidi's henchmen), and that's it.

There's also Yamoo and that one other guy (can't remember how to spell his name) who literally beat the crap out of Videl at the world martial arts tournament in that one episode (whom were also under Babidi's control), along with those 2 guys from Cooler's Armored Squadron (Salza being the 3rd, who was in DBZ:BT2), and... that's all I can think of, aside from the ones you mentioned. >.> Then again, there's also Turles' minions, and Garlic Jr.'s minions as well (not the Spice Boys, but the 3 from that movie The Dead Zone), but I don't think most of those are really important enough, though I suppose we can still expect a lot more "minor" weakling characters whom we've long-since forgotten up until now...

p.s. Since you're able to turn opponents to chocolate with Majin Buu and Super Buu, I think they should also have some kind of move/ability with Dabura where you can turn opponents to stone (maybe temporarily) by spitting on them.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 09:14 AM
King Kandy

I think we need the evil robots from the Baby Arc and the Dark Dragons as new Charcters.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 02:25 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I think we need the evil robots from the Baby Arc and the Dark Dragons as new Charcters.

Evil robots? You mean like General Rildo (sp?) and the Sigma Force from planet M2? Ah yes...

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 05:01 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Nice! I loved 2, still playing it all the time (Wii version). And there is still a lot of characters they could include. But I'm mostly hoping for more cool things like this night/day change and the effect on the saiyans. I also hope they make GT Goku (kid) and Vegeta and Goku's golden oozarus playable. Anyways, if it improves at all on T2 then It'll be an awesome game. King Vegeta and King Cold are pretty cool too, I always wondered why King Cold wasn't in T2.

Things I want though are the ability to teleport around at will...as in Vanish for a period of time like they do in the show where the other person cant see you but you can control yourself. I want more dynamic explosions from energy attacks, they need to be bigger and better. I want the fighting area's to be even larger, or at least WAY more interactive, like craters in the ground etc from attacks and from being hit into the ground. I want cool effects like rocks rising upwards and HUGE winds and earthquakes from powering up/transforming. I also want transforming to be more "in game" rather then cutscene, actually I want them to get rid of the "cut scene" style energy attacks all together, what I mean by this is that all attacks should be controllable from behind the character and it shouldn't "Jump" to a little cut scene when you do a kamehameha etc.

Basically I want it to feel like you can unleash attacks that are huge and fill up the screen with massive explosions like the show. As well as awesome powering up/ transforming.

Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eRO...ted&search=

Last but not least...better music, it needs more awesome music.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Last edited by ((The_Anomaly)) on Jun 4th, 2007 at 06:41 PM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 06:32 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

well taht sucks and i was actually excited about this?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 06:49 PM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by SpadeKing
well taht sucks and i was actually excited about this?

Except it's not... That's just the info released so far, the actual release is a long way off... You think they reveal all their characters at once?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 11:39 PM
SpadeKing

sure why not? I don't think anyone would immediatly buy a game when all they know of is 3 new characters which you only see fight for like 10 min in the show cause they die too quickly

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 11:49 PM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by SpadeKing
sure why not? I don't think anyone would immediatly buy a game when all they know of is 3 new characters which you only see fight for like 10 min in the show cause they die too quickly

Cause... The game comes out in like ten months? We'll get more info on the new charcters as time goes by. Budokai 2 didn't list all it's new characters when it had ten months left to go.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 02:15 AM
SpadeKing

oh i didn't know it was 10 months

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 04:02 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

I think they need to put in baby Pan, and Teen Goten and Trunks from the End of Z along with GT Trunks and Goten. And the Indians should be playable also. Don't remember the names but the one guarding the bottom of Korin's towers. Maybe add the blonde guy that trained under King Kai. Paragus since they have King Vegeta, Touma, and the rest of Bardock's crew would be awesome.

How many people are in Tenkaichi anyways? I didn't really count. It shouldn't be hard to find out how many new people would be in it if the place I go to is right and there being like 150 characters. Course that's probably counting all forms of Super Saiyan and other forms like Oozaru and Freeza's forms as different characters.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 06:11 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

well I hope they try to balance the game... I know its important to keep up each characters respective image of being powerful... but when you make the game to where a certain character doesn't even stand a chance you risk ruining the funfactor

i.e. sword trunks... his combos are slow.. and his move set is mostly useless.. saiyan armor trunks kills him tenfold

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 04:36 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Yea sword Trunks blows. He's probably the worst of the Super Saiyans.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 06:49 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote