KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Team Ninja boss disses Tekken 6, Heavenly Sword

Team Ninja boss disses Tekken 6, Heavenly Sword
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Team Ninja boss disses Tekken 6, Heavenly Sword

On Heavenly Sword...

"I've never played a good game where the developers put a big icon of the button you're supposed to press onscreen. I look at Heavenly Sword and it seems really half-assed, because it's asking you to do all these button-timing sequences but you are not getting much payoff from it."

On Tekken 6...

"It (Tekken) sucks. I don't know what you're talking about."

source:

http://www.destructoid.com/big-mout...ord-37634.phtml

http://www.destructoid.com/tomonobu...-ds-37352.phtml

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Last edited by Snafu the Great on Sep 23rd, 2007 at 08:30 PM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 08:27 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Re: Team Ninja boss disses Tekken 6, Heavenly Sword

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
On Heavenly Sword...

"I've never played a good game where the developers put a big icon of the button you're supposed to press onscreen. I look at Heavenly Sword and it seems really half-assed, because it's asking you to do all these button-timing sequences but you are not getting much payoff from it."

On Tekken 6...

"It (Tekken) sucks. I don't know what you're talking about."

source:

http://www.destructoid.com/big-mout...ord-37634.phtml

http://www.destructoid.com/tomonobu...-ds-37352.phtml

lol.. well he's not exactly mis-informing people, IMO

its just that he fails to realise that the dead or alive series is even worse than tekken, though it comes in a much prettier package

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 08:41 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Why is he saying that when DOA is just as bad?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 09:07 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Not really, there are huge differences. Anways, you know this is, kinda old, right Snafu?

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 09:08 PM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Not really, there are huge differences. Anways, you know this is, kinda old, right Snafu?

I just posted it for the hell of it. I haven't been back home for a while now.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 09:44 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

You could've just posted this in the off-topic thread. - -'

Anyway, while Itagaki is a cool guy who knows how to make great games he shouldn't be dissing other good games. Well I'm not surprised that he would do this...he's a drunkard after all.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 09:51 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

a cocky drunkard at that

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 01:30 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I love that guy.

His response to someone asking him why all the girls in his Volleyball games are big breasted-bimbo-looking girls. His response is that no one wants to see ugly girls playing volleyball.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 07:30 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Otus
A come-back maker!

OK, what the hell... I mean, Tekken is great, and well, I donīt think itīs clever to diss it anyway.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 07:30 PM
Otus is currently offline Click here to Send Otus a Private Message Find more posts by Otus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
I love that guy.

His response to someone asking him why all the girls in his Volleyball games are big breasted-bimbo-looking girls. His response is that no one wants to see ugly girls playing volleyball.
I'm sure I don't.

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 08:17 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Re: Re: Team Ninja boss disses Tekken 6, Heavenly Sword

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lol.. well he's not exactly mis-informing people, IMO

its just that he fails to realise that the dead or alive series is even worse than tekken, though it comes in a much prettier package

That's normally what you're suppose to do. Call other games lame and dumb and stupid and try to convince everyone to play your horrible game.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 08:18 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Itagaki's games aren't horrible.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 08:18 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Re: Re: Re: Team Ninja boss disses Tekken 6, Heavenly Sword

Originally posted by ESB -1138
That's normally what you're suppose to do. Call other games lame and dumb and stupid and try to convince everyone to play your horrible game.
Heh.. well you're obviously supposed to take it with a grain of salt... its like microsoft dissing sony or vice versa

some people eat it up.. some see it at face value and move on

the only team ninja game thats good enough to smack talk other companies with is Ninja Gaiden

DoA4 is as shallow as they get when it comes to fighters, IMO

and lets not even start on DoA volleyball.... pretty, yes... a vital contribution to the gaming market?.. no..

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 08:21 PM
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

DoA4 isn't shallow, it's ****ing cheap.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 10:29 PM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Itagaki, cocky drunktard.

It was meant to happen.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 10:32 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
I love that guy.

He should be punched in the stomach for those games.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 10:34 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Heavenly Sword I can understand. essentially God of War III ftl.

Tekken's a solid game, however.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 10:38 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

That guy should be kicked in the balls, then he'll see who's cocky now.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 11:04 PM
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Originally posted by Sol Valentine
That guy should be kicked in the balls, then he'll see who's cocky now.

Wow, how mature... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 11:19 PM
StyleTime

I can't believe you all are suddenly so up in arms about it.

Itagaki has insulted Tekken for years. It's nothing new.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 03:06 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote