KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Orange Box

The Orange Box
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The Orange Box

Go buy this now. Holy shit.

Team Fortress 2 is a blast, Portal is stunningly unique and innovative, and all the Half Life 2 games are among the best FPS games in existence.

Anyone have this? I know queerhole does (Schecter).

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 04:29 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Only part of it that vaguely interests me is Portal, which sounds insanely amusing, but the rest I couldn't care less about.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 04:31 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Portal is really really fun stuff.

From what I hear, short though.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 04:32 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Yeah, Portals look like the only fun one. Will download it sometime in the near future.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 05:30 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Never will know why shit isn't censored on this site.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 05:44 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I was going to pick it up until my computer gave away from me for games.

Its hard for me to not play TF2 because one of my favourite games, and probably one of the best online MP out there was TFC.

Hopefully they didnt screw up the sniper because somehow, thats the only sniping I can do really well in any game.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 06:25 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I got this, I all I played last night was Portal for about 20 minutes. Its already a blast. stick out tongue

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 10:38 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

-_- how can people overlook team fortress 2?

I mean yeah portal is good, but damn.. team fortress 2! ><

unfortunately I'll have to wait a bit before making this purchase.. but it shall be made @_@

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 11:19 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I was on the verge of going to bed, I only had to time to screw around a bit, so I picked Portal. lol

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 11:57 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

quote: (post)
Originally posted by shin_gear
Never will know why shit isn't censored on this site.

Don't get what he is saying, he want KMC to censor threads about the Orange Box because he thinks it is shit?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 03:51 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I will get it this weekend.

Half Life 2's campaign was amazing, and I played it on the regular Xbox. Can't wait to play it with the visuals and without loadings as it was meant to be. Episodes 1 and 2 only add to HL2's experience. Team Fortress 2...I remember playing the original TF back in high school. boy was I addicted. Eventhough Halo multiplayer has become my life I will still give TF2 a chance because it will offer something different and as good if not better. Portal...well I'm interested in how it will work...but the other games is what makes this a must buy.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 05:02 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I need an XBox first. So I'll have to wait.

erm

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 05:18 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I'm broke and way too many games on pre-order.

Dang! Wish I could have the extra bucks and get this set. 3 games in one. Great deal!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 05:27 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Morridini
Don't get what he is saying, he want KMC to censor threads about the Orange Box because he thinks it is shit?

I think he meant why the word "shit" isn't censored allround KMC, not just this forum... and definetly not the Orange Box

I haven't tried Team Fortress, but Portal is a hell lot of fun on 360

...I'll be picking it up for my PC next week

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 05:34 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Ok...why would anyone want the word shit to be censored?
It's a perfectly normal word as far as I know...

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 05:43 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I went and purchased this yesterday and I've only been playing Half Life 2 thus far.

Don't have XBOX LIVE yet so sadly no Team Fortress 2 for me. I'm going to be working on that today and hopefully will get XBOX LIVE today.

I did mess around in the Commentary mode of Team Forthress 2 and it looks very nice and I love movement and the controls and everything and the effects.

I can tell already that my top 2 favorite classes are SPY and SCOUT.

I was kind of surprised to see that they didn't have a space on the shelf for this game. I was about to leave and try another store and then I look in the Nintendo Wii section and down below sitting at the bottom, still not on the shelf, were 3
"The Orange Box"
games stacked on top of each other, sitting on top of some box.

Very strange.
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
I will get it this weekend.

Half Life 2's campaign was amazing, and I played it on the regular Xbox. Can't wait to play it with the visuals and without loadings as it was meant to be. Episodes 1 and 2 only add to HL2's experience. Team Fortress 2...I remember playing the original TF back in high school. boy was I addicted. Eventhough Halo multiplayer has become my life I will still give TF2 a chance because it will offer something different and as good if not better. Portal...well I'm interested in how it will work...but the other games is what makes this a must buy.

The Load times are still there. Very annoying and takes you out of the experience. I'm definitely going to see if I can turn the auto saves off b/c it's just too jarring when you're in the middle of something in the game.

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I'm broke and way too many games on pre-order.

Dang! Wish I could have the extra bucks and get this set. 3 games in one. Great deal!

5 Games in 1 you mean. wink

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 07:58 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Grr, it's released October the 19th here. :@ I guess I have to wait a week then....

Is it available for PS3 yet? Otherwise I'll have to buy it for PC, which will work, but not nearly as well...

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 08:08 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by kamikz
Grr, it's released October the 19th here. :@ I guess I have to wait a week then....

Is it available for PS3 yet? Otherwise I'll have to buy it for PC, which will work, but not nearly as well...
Doesn't come out for Playstation 3 until November.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 08:14 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Damn, that's what I though! Oh well, guess I'll buy it for PC then!

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 08:45 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vandalworks

team fortress looks good, but perhaps because i'm a timesplitters fan and it looks stylistically similar.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 11:13 PM
vandalworks is currently offline Click here to Send vandalworks a Private Message Find more posts by vandalworks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote