KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Death of FF7

The Death of FF7
Started by: grey fox

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

The Death of FF7

Let's cut the crap and get straight to the point.

Squeenix is raping the original storyline of FF7, ok it wasn't perfect . It was badly translated and at times needed some serious explanation (including it's own separate hand-guide). But this 'compilation' is taking it a little too far.

They just keep tacking on more and more crap to the original storyline , retconning large chunks of the game away just to squeeze more cash out of the public with their shoddy merchandise.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 05:43 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

that is true

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 05:47 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Re: The Death of FF7

quote: (post)
Originally posted by grey fox
Let's cut the crap and get straight to the point.

Squeenix is raping the original storyline of FF7, ok it wasn't perfect . It was badly translated and at times needed some serious explanation (including it's own separate hand-guide). But this 'compilation' is taking it a little too far.

They just keep tacking on more and more crap to the original storyline , retconning large chunks of the game away just to squeeze more cash out of the public with their shoddy merchandise.

You're just now figuring that out? Advent Children was enough but now it's Dirge of Cerebus also and soon Crisis Core and don't forget that DoC left it open for a sequel. Square-Enix killed FF7. It wasn't my favorite of the series (4 is) but now I'm beginning to like 7 less and less with each movie and game they add to the compliation. Enough is enough!

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 06:08 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I think the fans have done a good job of killing FF7 as well, personally.

Every single person that's claimed it's the best game ever has made me want to play it less and less. I've actually had a copy for about a month now and haven't even started it.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 08:32 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

FF7 fanboys can be a pain in the ass. One in particular made the claim that he could prove Sephiroth could and would beat any character created (and meant it literally).

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 09:46 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by Lana
I think the fans have done a good job of killing FF7 as well, personally.

Every single person that's claimed it's the best game ever has made me want to play it less and less. I've actually had a copy for about a month now and haven't even started it.

That is just a shame, it's well worth playnig, but unfortantly it's true.

I have the same thing with Halo, i have it, but, i dunno about playing it...

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 10:19 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

STFU.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 10:30 PM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 10:35 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by shin_gear
FF7 fanboys can be a pain in the ass. One in particular made the claim that he could prove Sephiroth could and would beat any character created (and meant it literally).

I think I know who you are talking about.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 12:47 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 12:56 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Eh. I never liked FF 7 or 8 anyway. They are overrated and boring compared to a couple of the other ones, imo.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 01:03 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Eh. I never liked FF 7 or 8 anyway. They are overrated and boring compared to a couple of the other ones, imo.

Like IV; that's my favorite and I can't wait for it's remake of the DS. The SNES release had 2/3 of the orginial script removed and the DS version is adding them back!

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 01:07 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

FF1 was the best.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 01:09 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by shin_gear
FF1 was the best.

Only the 8-Bit Theater version not the actually game.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 01:10 AM
vandalworks

i loved ff7. but hearing about it so much from people has turned me off. i always preferred ff8, it was slightly more grown up. still plenty of faults, but it felt more together than ff7.

i'm with you abotu halo also. people going on about it, i tried it before and it was just standard fps to me. never bothered since.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 01:27 AM
vandalworks is currently offline Click here to Send vandalworks a Private Message Find more posts by vandalworks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

If you noticed people stopped playing Halo once Halo 2 came out and everyone stopped playing Halo 2 when Halo 3 came out. Because they're the same game! People still play Super Mario Bros, SMB3, SMWorld, and SM64 to this day because they were unique.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 01:33 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

A thousand people still play Halo 2, and a thousand people still play Halo 1. The only reason no one plays Halo 1 for xbox is because it doesn't have online play. But I just played Halo 1 for PC and it still has hundred of people playing it.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 01:44 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Final Fantasy 7 should've been online.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 03:52 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

That'd be intresting to see.

Though it'd probably be crap lik eChains of Permethia, or whatever that was called.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 04:16 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

It wouldn't. Now Twilight Princess or Red Steel online, those would be teh gheyness.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 04:21 AM