KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dead or Alive: Code Chronos

Dead or Alive: Code Chronos
Started by: ESB -1138

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Dead or Alive: Code Chronos

In a July 2006 interview with Play Magazine, Itagaki stated that Code Chronos will in fact be a prequel to the Dead or Alive series and will relay the story of characters Ayane and Kasumi before the first tournament. Sadly, this game is very unlikely to be completed and released to the general public. Itagaki, the lead designer, is currently suing Tecmo for unpaid royalties and some harsh words from the companies president. On July 1st, 2008, he will have officially quit Tecmo and leave behind the Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive series.

But I doubt Tecmo would allow their golden series to die. That would be like Sega giving up on Sonic because Yuji Naka left (which may have been a good thing since Sonic Unleashed is looking uber cool). Any who it is going to be released (if it does) for the Xbox 360.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 04:10 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

It's hard to predict the future of Code Chronos specifically, but I doubt Dead or Alive as a series will die. Team Ninja has not been disbanded. Tecmo still owns the rights to the games and I believe they actually issued a statement saying that new games were in the planning phases for both DOA and the games related to that universe, such as Ninja Gaiden.

It probably will be the end of the Dead or Alive that we've come to know though.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 04:36 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Depends on who takes the wheel. If it's someone that just wants to throw game after game of the same crap then yeah it is...but if it's someone that will take the time to make each game as good as it can be like Itagaki did then I may look forward to more Team Ninja games.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 04:40 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Oh well, I guess the series goes to hell then. We can still enjoy Dead Or Alive 4, while the fun still lasts.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2008 03:43 AM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote