KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Which game from Capcom will the BIGGEST HIT in 09?

Capcom in 2009
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Street Fighter IV 3 21.43%
Resident Evil 5 11 78.57%
Bionic Commando 0 0%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Which game from Capcom will the BIGGEST HIT in 09?
Started by: WrathfulDwarf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Which game from Capcom will be more succesful

Looking ahead to 09'

Which game from Capcom do you think is going to be most successful or biggest hit?

Whether is on sales, most played, more popular, etc...call it now!

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Dec 5th, 2008 at 05:22 PM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 05:19 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Resident Evil 5 by FAR.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 05:23 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Street Fighter 4.

Resident Evil 5 will probably garner its fair share of acclaim, but in terms of sales, people playing, and longevity, it will obviously be Street Fighter.

Resident Evil is more or less a series for the fans now. If you've not been into it from the start, you probably won't dive in.

Hearing that there's a new Street Fighter is like hearing that Chinese Democracy finally came out.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 05:32 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I would say RE5 has more mass appeal than SF4 and will be the bigger hit.

The only people that are excited about SF4 are hardcore fighters. The people excited about RE5 is pretty much any action fan.

I do admit that Street Fighter is a older, more hardcore base of devotee's but in terms of people buying it, its always going to be the action game with its own fan base, especially considering the last RE game sold like crazy.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 06:38 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i voted RE5...i think some of the mediocre SF games since 2...and all the extra versions like turbo and champion fighting and super SF and then the alpha series...it's just killed the interest for all but the hardcore SF fan.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 06:45 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I would say RE5 has more mass appeal than SF4 and will be the bigger hit.

The only people that are excited about SF4 are hardcore fighters. The people excited about RE5 is pretty much any action fan.

I do admit that Street Fighter is a older, more hardcore base of devotee's but in terms of people buying it, its always going to be the action game with its own fan base, especially considering the last RE game sold like crazy.

That is exactly what I was thinking.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Dec 5th, 2008 at 07:00 PM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 06:49 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sketch_turner
"Well done Turner"!

Resident Evil 5. Hands down.

Sketch thanks Messahi for the sig.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 06:57 PM
sketch_turner is currently offline Click here to Send sketch_turner a Private Message Find more posts by sketch_turner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I can't decide between Street fighter IV or RES 5, but they already released Megaman 9 this year, which beats everything else hands down for me.

However from the two I just spoke about...I think I'm inclined to lean more towards RES 5.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 07:53 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

RE5, hands down. That game just looks.....WOW.....

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 08:07 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by jaden101
i voted RE5...i think some of the mediocre SF games since 2...and all the extra versions like turbo and champion fighting and super SF and then the alpha series...it's just killed the interest for all but the hardcore SF fan.

That's actually what I was thinking of.

I just remember playing SFII with my friends on the SNES. It was fun, but I never played it since, when the 3D, people started to play alot more shooters, action games and RPG's.

I dont know a single friend who plays Street Fighter anymore, but I know a ton that plays Resident Evil.

I would actually think that RE is a bigger franchise now than Street Fighter, especially going towards the more casual market, especially if you put the movies in with it too.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 08:43 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

SF4 will be played in major tournaments across the world for the next decade, just like SF:II.

RE:5 will end up in the $10 bargain bin three years from now...

Old Post Dec 6th, 2008 03:40 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Tournament fighters represent such a tiny portion of the gaming community that I dont think that argument holds much weight. RE4 sold very well despite its original and most important launch was on the weakest console of this decade. RE5 has hype built up from the previous game, its launching on the 2 biggest true gaming consoles, and has the current "it" feature with full co-op play.

I think SF4 will be a nice hit, but RE5 will launch huge and be a story again around GOTY time.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2008 03:54 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Looking ahead to 09'

Which game from Capcom do you think is going to be most successful or biggest hit?

Whether is on sales, most played, more popular, etc...call it now!

i don't care, as long as both are as good as they look...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 6th, 2008 03:56 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by @stroFan
Tournament fighters represent such a tiny portion of the gaming community that I dont think that argument holds much weight.

That wasn't my point.

My point was more that SF4 will be remembered and played long after Resident Evil 5 is forgotten.

That is, if the hype I've seen about SF4 ("Possibly better than SFII!") is true.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2008 03:58 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
SF4 will be played in major tournaments across the world for the next decade, just like SF:II.

Maybe.

RE:5 will end up in the $10 bargain bin three years from now...

So will SF4, though.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2008 04:13 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
Maybe.

No maybe about it, honestly.

quote:
So will SF4, though.

Perhaps.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2008 04:36 AM
Bardock42

No maybe about it, honestly.

Perhaps.

Dude, you yourself just introduced a "maybe".

Old Post Dec 6th, 2008 04:39 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hadn't thought about it, hence the "honestly". I was trying to be humble...

Old Post Dec 6th, 2008 04:41 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Resident Evil 5, easily. Just look at the drawl that Resident Evil 4 had. As long as Resident Evil 5 satisfies expectations the game will have a very long life and achieve many frivolous awards that no one really cares about.

Fighting games have become the black sheep as of late. We've all been there and done that. Soul Caliber and Mortal Kombat offers some nostalgic and fantastical gameplay but gets old quickly and is only saved by it's customization and or gimmick of being a cheap crossover. For a fighting game to truly stand out and get everyones attention today, there would have to be some revolutionary changes in gameplay because fighting games have, frankly, become redundant and stupid. I think people have finally learned that there is no real skill involved in fighting games, just a lot of trial and error and luck. Maybe Street fighter 4 will do something amazing, but it will most likely be a 3-d version of street fighter and that is just stupid because playing street fighter today is like throwing cards in a hat...,boring. I'm sure it will have it's moment in the sun because it's street fighter and the graphics do look sharp but after a couple of months, im guessing it will become just another fighting game that happens to look better than the others because it's newer.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2008 04:47 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

No real skill...? What?

How many pro-tournaments have you actually played in to make such a statement?

Last edited by Final Blaxican on Dec 6th, 2008 at 04:53 AM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2008 04:50 AM