KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Adopt a Game into Movie

Adopt a Game into Movie
Started by: jabjabcross

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jabjabcross
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question Adopt a Game into Movie

Which one of your favorite game would you like to see adopted into a movie? And if you want you can go as far as who you would like to see star in it or directed by and whatevs!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2009 07:20 PM
jabjabcross is currently offline Click here to Send jabjabcross a Private Message Find more posts by jabjabcross Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Half Life.

Would make a fantastic movie in my opinion but if they did it, I would like to see the original Half Life first.

It won't happen unless a perfect deal comes across Valve's lap.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2009 10:29 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jabjabcross
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kinda like this? :)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Half Life.

Would make a fantastic movie in my opinion but if they did it, I would like to see the original Half Life first.

It won't happen unless a perfect deal comes across Valve's lap.

Yeah, it does have the narrative for a great sci-fi movie. Kinda Like

this ?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2009 10:43 PM
jabjabcross is currently offline Click here to Send jabjabcross a Private Message Find more posts by jabjabcross Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, that was done really well, but I would like to see the first Half Life. The Half Life people are forgetting about.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2009 11:02 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jabjabcross
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmm

Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah, that was done really well, but I would like to see the first Half Life. The Half Life people are forgetting about.

Ohhh, yeah, that would definitely be good!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2009 11:08 PM
Mr Omiverseria
Restricted

Account Restricted

Movies are weak. Most of the great video game storylines are too big for a movie to handle.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2009 03:10 PM
Mr Omiverseria is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Omiverseria a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Omiverseria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I would say vice versa.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2009 04:36 PM
Mr Omiverseria
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well you would be wrong.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2009 04:46 PM
Mr Omiverseria is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Omiverseria a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Omiverseria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Prototype, HL, Halo, Bioshock and Fallout.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2009 04:48 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Mr Omiverseria
Well you would be wrong.

Umm no.

Most games stories are taken directly from movies. It's much easier to tell a story in a movie than a game because of the inherent problems games have like the ability of deciding where the character is going.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2009 05:17 PM
Mr Omiverseria
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ummm... what? The vast majority of storyline driven games tell their own original story. Those based off of films are in the vast, vast minority, and for the most part are pretty forgettable. As for your second comment, I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say, because in a storyline driven game, where the character is "going" is dictated by the storyline; it's not like the storyline has to accommodate such a thing.

Last edited by Mr Omiverseria on Oct 9th, 2009 at 06:29 PM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2009 06:14 PM
Mr Omiverseria
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyway I won't get into an entire evaluation of the two storytelling mediums and their relative strengths and weaknesses but what I will get into is what I was specifically addressing; the vast majority of the great video game storylines tell storylines that are quite simply full of too much content for a movie to be able to effectively adapt. Take Xenogears for example, easily a 100+ hour game and almost all of that was story oriented. A movie, which is intended to be viewed in one sitting and as such is at most a few hours in length quite simply doesn't have the capabilities to adequately tell a story of such scope. The same applies to almost any other Japanese Role Playing Game as well as the other great video game storylines such as those told in the Metal Gear Solid series.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2009 06:30 PM
jabjabcross
Restricted

Account Restricted

Worried Interesting

Originally posted by Mr Omiverseria
Anyway I won't get into an entire evaluation of the two storytelling mediums and their relative strengths and weaknesses but what I will get into is what I was specifically addressing; the vast majority of the great video game storylines tell storylines that are quite simply full of too much content for a movie to be able to effectively adapt. Take Xenogears for example, easily a 100+ hour game and almost all of that was story oriented. A movie, which is intended to be viewed in one sitting and as such is at most a few hours in length quite simply doesn't have the capabilities to adequately tell a story of such scope. The same applies to almost any other Japanese Role Playing Game as well as the other great video game storylines such as those told in the Metal Gear Solid series.

I think your insight is interesting and with high regard, I have to say that both mediums have their respective methods of playing out and reaching the audience/gamer in the process. In my opinion, I would lean towards you and agree that the game does tend to be more comprehensive compared to a movie and the interactive aspect of it can certainly make it more engaging.

But the most important facet of this is that the game be done right and the narrative, the plotline, the characters, the story, all be played out in a way that moves in a linear fashion. So perhaps NOT all games are better than movies, but can certainly be! Such as Uncharted 2 that I have most recently been playing! It covers most of those grounds and makes for an engrossing experience, perhaps slightly more than a movie would!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2009 06:40 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I'd like to see either metroid or final fantasy 6 turned into a movie

both have very vulnerable and deep lead characters

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Oct 9th, 2009 11:25 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jabjabcross
Restricted

Account Restricted

Vulnerable Leads...

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

Hmmm... Yeah, I can totally see metroid as a movie... Vulnerable and Deep lead characters.... interesting... Is that the most appealing thing about a movie OR a game to you?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2009 11:47 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

well.. I just really hate it when the main character is retarded overpowered and emotionless

I dont know if you've seen the "Believe" advertisement for Halo 3..

but thats really what gets me in film / games.. seeing humanity displayed properly

unfortunately ODST was nothing like this.. despite chief being completely out of the picture

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Oct 10th, 2009 05:55 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

FFVI would be great because I would love to see them pull off a good Kefka.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2009 02:13 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

And i sure hope they don't pull of a FFVII movie or all the fanboys are going to masturbate vigorously when cloud appears on screen.

But i would like to see a HL movie.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2009 04:08 PM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Infamous and Drake's fortune is begging for a film.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2009 06:01 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

note - before you read, its advisable that you dont take my ideas seriously - also possible spoilers erm

Assassin's Creed?
Spore (space age only) - they could turn it into some cheesy kids movie about the war against the grox stick out tongue
Second Sight
Zelda: Ocarina of Time (dunno how they'd do it though)
Phoenix Wright (actually would work as an anime series rather than a movie, since it is based off a manga)
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
The Secret of Monkey Island - NOT Pirates of the Caribbean
Zombies Ate my Neighbors - again, as a kids movie

thats all i have for now erm

Old Post Oct 11th, 2009 12:55 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote