KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Knights Contract

Knights Contract
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Knights Contract

gameplay:

Basically god of war and Dante's Inferno

Due 2011

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 08:05 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

I'm interested in it. The main character looks interesting. The guy's an executioner, but he looks like he's a kind man. Seriously just look at his face, he looks like a gentle giant.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 08:20 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Looking pretty cool so far, gameplay is vaguely God of War, although it seems a tad more fast-paced, and main character is manly.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 09:51 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

The weapon appears to be too large.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 11:22 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
The weapon appears to be too large.
And?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 11:57 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

That irritates me.

This also reeks of Devil May Cry.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 12:46 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

That irritates me.

This also reeks of Devil May Cry.
Funny I don't see a smart mouth white haired guy with guns around If you think this reeks with DMC look at NeverDead thread I just made.. And plus this is a fantasy medieval setting so yeah the weapons are going to be big.

I mean what do think his weapon is suppose to look like or want to look like?

and if you are refering to the guy with a whole in his stomach there's bond to be a reason why he survives it.

Last edited by Phanteros on Oct 4th, 2010 at 01:05 AM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 12:55 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Looks kinda neat.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 01:04 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Originally posted by Phanteros
Funny I don't see a smart mouth white haired guy with guns around If you think this reeks with DMC look at NeverDead thread I just made.. And plus this is a fantasy medieval setting so yeah the weapons are going to be big.

I mean what do think his weapon is suppose to look like or want to look like?

and if you are refering to the guy with a whole in his stomach there's bond to be a reason why he survives it.

1) There's more than one way to reek of DMC than being the same thing as Dante. But since you mentioned it, White hair.

2) I did.

3) Fantasy Medieval setting does not excuse the fact that it's stupid, or make it bad for it to irritate me.

4) How about something relatively sensible? Is that really too much to ask? There's a lot of medieval fantasy games, and what's really stupid about that is that a precious few of these have normal stuff. Sword and Shield. Hardly see it in anything except Zelda.

5) I don't believe I was. And obviously.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 01:22 AM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

1) There's more than one way to reek of DMC than being the same thing as Dante. But since you mentioned it, White hair.

2) I did.

3) Fantasy Medieval setting does not excuse the fact that it's stupid, or make it bad for it to irritate me.

4) How about something relatively sensible? Is that really too much to ask? There's a lot of medieval fantasy games, and what's really stupid about that is that a precious few of these have normal stuff. Sword and Shield. Hardly see it in anything except Zelda.

5) I don't believe I was. And obviously.

1.) Such as? other than the white hair I see nothing similar to DMC other than the stylish combat. and I mention the whole in his chest because dante has a habit of getting things into his chest.

3) yes it does because its fiction, they don't have to apply to real life rules.

4.) Because sword and shield alone is is just boring depending on how its done. The guy is caring a scythe.

but i guess its your matter of preference.

Last edited by Phanteros on Oct 4th, 2010 at 01:47 AM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 01:45 AM
CosmicComet

Reminds me more of Ninja Gaiden than DMC or GoW to be honest.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 01:47 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Originally posted by Phanteros
1.) Such as? other than the white hair I see nothing similar to DMC other than the stylish combat. and I mention the whole in his chest because dante has a habit of getting things into his chest.

3) yes it does because its fiction, they don't have to apply to real life rules.

4.) Because sword and shield alone is is just boring depending on how its done. The guy is caring a scythe.

but i guess its your matter of preference.

1) Demons. I'd have mentioned the combat, but then God of War and every other hack and slash would reek of DMC. Most of it is a kind of vibe I got from it.

3) It doesn't have to have anything to do with real life rules either. Abnormally large weapons is just ****ing stupid. "Let's make an original weapon." "Okay, what should we do with it? Make it unbreakable and give it vast and awesome powers?" "Nah, let's make it REALLY DAMN BIG!"

4) How can it be boring if it's hardly even done?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 02:12 AM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

1) Demons. I'd have mentioned the combat, but then God of War and every other hack and slash would reek of DMC. Most of it is a kind of vibe I got from it.

3) It doesn't have to have anything to do with real life rules either. Abnormally large weapons is just ****ing stupid. "Let's make an original weapon." "Okay, what should we do with it? Make it unbreakable and give it vast and awesome powers?" "Nah, let's make it REALLY DAMN BIG!"

4) How can it be boring if it's hardly even done?

1) Demons are found most fantasy games before DMC ever came.

3) some of those big weapons do have powers or have gadgets in side them which why they could be big.

4) good point. I guess they don't see the versatility in a sword and shield. Personally I don't see how the scythe can even be even used as a proper fighting weapon but yet they can do imaginable things with it in videogames.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 02:26 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Reminds me more of Ninja Gaiden than DMC or GoW to be honest.
Watching again, you're prolly right.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 02:32 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

I wonder whether two-handed swords are overdone or not? What about bows?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 02:36 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote