KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Shadows of the Damned

Shadows of the Damned
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Shadows of the Damned

EA creates a twist on Alan Wake with a punkish look.

due 2011

Last edited by Phanteros on Oct 3rd, 2010 at 08:27 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 08:22 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Looks like more of a straight third-person action game to me, not really seeing the Alan Wake similarity. But I will follow this game, looks like it has the potential to be pretty good.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 09:44 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

some many new IP's are coming out!

much appreciated after all the sequals weve had the last couple of years @.@

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 10:54 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

I meant to say Alan wake meets Dead Space

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 11:58 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

asking for merger.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 05:55 PM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

"bone is ammunition for your boner" lol.

Old Post May 8th, 2011 07:47 PM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

how to enlarge your Johnson.

Old Post May 19th, 2011 06:11 PM
Impediment
Endless

I know I'm late, but I just ordered this for my PS3. I can't wait to play through for the horror and silliness.

Anyone have comments?

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Sep 17th, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 06:54 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

This got in the top 25 survival horror games of all time on game informer.

I've never played it, but the trailer makes that hard to believe. Still, it should be good if it made it in. Maybe I'll give it a go soon too.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 01:44 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I know there's some sexual innuendo in it similar to what you get in a Duke Nukem game but hey that's Suda51 for ya.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 08:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
This got in the top 25 survival horror games of all time on game informer.

I've never played it, but the trailer makes that hard to believe. Still, it should be good if it made it in. Maybe I'll give it a go soon too.

I have a subscription to Game Informer and this month's horror issue is exactly how I discovered this game. I watched several trailers and game footage videos to see what this game is like, and I decided to order it. This game completely flew over my head since I only just learned of its existence.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 12:06 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, it's fun. It's very similar to RE4 and those type of games. It's weird but pretty fun.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 01:05 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

In regards to the humor typical of what you would get from Suda 51, The people it didn't seem to stick well with was the political correctness & feminist crowd.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 01:09 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I'm loving the dark humor and dialogue, albeit Hotspur's very cliche accent.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 02:37 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

There is a scene in the lake where it uses low sounds to determine enemy locations (I think it was that). This was one of the first games I played with my crazy system and the sound from my subwoofer shook the ****ing roof at that part. It was crazy.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 11:27 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
I'm loving the dark humor and dialogue, albeit Hotspur's very cliche accent.

I had a good time with this game. Although a little clunky i thought the gameplay was a lot of fun. As you mentioned, i also enjoyed some of the humor but my biggest problem with the game was the main character. Even though some of his dialogue was funny there was just something about him i didn't like.

Even though i wasnt to keen on the main character i still think this game missed out on its just deserve. Although, if i remember correctly this was around the time when the market was being bombarded with AAA releases. There were a few great games that i think got overlooked around this time. The biggest one, i think, was Enslaved.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Sep 23rd, 2014 at 09:05 AM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 09:02 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Didn't really find the game that "clunky" myself, It was basically the same set up as Resident Evil 4 for the controls.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 09:16 AM