KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » NExt generation RTS games?

NExt generation RTS games?
Started by: Burning thought

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

NExt generation RTS games?

Are there any next generation RTS games in production at the moment? I have been looking around a little but most of the newer games in development seem to be RPG style or FPS genres, I am hoping theres an RTS to come along in the not too distant future.

Has anyone seen or heard of any newer gen RTS games?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2011 07:36 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

There might a new Company of Heroes, but the only major one I can think of is the next chapter in Starcraft 2.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2011 12:36 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

I think that Arthur Kingdom something is also (from what I've seen in the trailer) something close to RTS. But yeah Starcraft 2 is the most obvious (and probably the reason as to why we don't see others atm)

Old Post Aug 31st, 2011 12:42 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Dawn of War 3 is in production atm, and the developers are saying it's still an RTS like the last two DoW's, but plays "a lot like an MMO".

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 31st, 2011 12:49 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Made me think, you know. Where have all the RTS games gone to? I suppose I can think of 'Heart of the Swarm', 'DoW 3', and 'Age of Empires Online.'

Old Post Aug 31st, 2011 01:42 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It might be a niche genre now. Aside from the prominent RTS developers (Relic, Blizzard and so forth), maybe we only see a couple of triple AAA titles every coupe of years.

Looking at Steam's store page, I think they're might be a big amount of indie developers doing RTS.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2011 03:04 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hm thats a shame, its one of my favourite genres. I finish most FPS games in a day or two and although RPG games are getting better (Skyrim ftw in a few months with any luck) its always nice to have a large scale war to play with now and then like DoW, AoE etc. Maybe ill just have to play olde games until more light is shed on the new DoW and CoH. Heart of the swarm interests me but I will have to try not to play it too much in one time because I sort of "worn out" SC's single player content if you know what I mean (I am too chicken to continue in the SC2 MP).

Old Post Aug 31st, 2011 09:08 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote