KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Is Kingdom Hearts for kids?

Is Kingdom Hearts for kids?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Is Kingdom Hearts for kids?

(This contains spoilers, you have been ,

Its been a long-running debate that Kingdom Hearts is only a kids game, due to all the Disney appearances. "All they talk about is friendship"... It's an anime-based game...

Also, there are really bad-ass moments in Kingdom Hearts that would seem jaw-dropping, even to adults. One of these moments is the final battle against Xemnas in KHII.

To be honest, KH1, while it has its epic moments... is more on the kid-friendly side, not LITTLE kid-friendly, but more around the ages of 8-10.

It has some of the saddest stories in gaming history, Xion's death and Zack's death are about the same for me, especially since Roxas forgeta her completely. Come to think of it, Roxas' story is pretty sad as well, he loses all his friends, and his own being, just for Sora and his friends. All of this is pretty tear-jerking. Lets not forget the sad story of Birth by Sleep though.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 24th, 2014 12:55 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

My point is... Kingdom Hearts is not for Kids, the stories are too complex, as well as some of the combat.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2014 12:56 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

no way man, that's what makes it great. It's fantastic at any age

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 24th, 2014 04:25 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Agreed. Though pretty much all my friends would disagree.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2014 11:43 AM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Agreed. Though pretty much all my friends would disagree.

You need new friends. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 24th, 2014 09:58 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Sad =\= complex and death =\= adult. "People die" is a concept that children tend to learn pretty early on in their lives. Mustafah dying in front of his son after being thrown offf a cliff and Frozone getting sucked into a jet turbine come to mind.

It's also important to consider the differences in how cultures approach various things. The general tone and atmosphere of KH is pretty tame compared to lots of anime, most of which is targeted at children.

Naruto was a children's show in Japan, yet featured children characters getting blown up, crushed, impaled etc.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Dec 25th, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Old Post Dec 25th, 2014 10:25 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Mustafah dying in front of his son after being thrown offf a cliff and Frozone getting sucked into a jet turbine come to mind.
A-are you ****ing with me?

Anyway, I agree, especially considering the differing cultures.

This is a panel from a manga aimed at boys (also, spoilers from early Akame ga Kill! if there's anyone reading this who gives a ****):

http://i.imgur.com/axxTlk8.jpg

KH isn't Teletubbies. It's made to be enjoyable to teenagers and adults as well. But it's intentionally designed to also appeal to arguably its main demographic: children.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2014 05:21 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote